Cutscene and gameplay stutter

+
Cutscene and gameplay stutter

So, I bought my X Box One solely for this game about 6 to 8 weeks ago. I played it for around 50 hours and it was nearly flawless. Upon release of 1.07, the game became unplayable...at least to me. The change in gameplay lag was too much. Nonetheless, I tabled playing the game and revisited tonight. I decided to start the game over and the cutscenes are brutal, as is the gameplay. I have played no other game on the Xbox One, it was previously perfect, and I am playing version 1.08. Are there any steps I can take to stop the stuttering and gameplay frame rate issues I am experiencing? The options menu doesn't seem to have anything available to help out with these issues. I'd gladly take a lower graphics level for smooth cutscenes and gameplay. Please advise and thanks!

There are a few things you can try, but please note that they may not solve your issue.

1.Try a hard reset: Hold down the power button on the XB1 console until the system shuts down, leave for 1 minute then turn back on.

OR,

2.Re-install the game: Go to My games and apps, highlight the witcher and press the button with the two squares (the "change view button") and uninstall all, then reinstall. Note that your saves are stored in the cloud, so don't worry about losing saves.

OR,

3. This is a last resort measure, but i had performance issues with my game and had to do the following to resolve it: Delete all saves from the game permanantly and start the game from scratch. PLEASE NOTE that this may not solve your issue.

I would also like to add that Microsoft say that the XB1 shouldn't be plugged into a surge protector, as the power brick has one built in, and plugging it into one could result in performance issues.
So if you are using a surge protector, i'd advise plugging the XB1 directly into a wall socket.

I hope you resolve your issue, as 1.08 was as smooth as can be on my playthrough.
Good luck.

Top Bottom