Game-breaking bug near the end of the game?? "Payback" is broken.

+
Game-breaking bug near the end of the game?? "Payback" is broken.

Not sure what in the world happened with 1.08, but I've hit a game-breaking bug and I can't do anything about it. In Payback, Ciri is holed up in the Chameleon and won't come out. My mission marker is resting only on her in that room, so there's nowhere else for me to go. Aegar is nowhere to be found (I'm on the step "Meet Ciri and Aegar outside Novigrad Stables" which isn't on the blasted map!). What am I supposed to do? I talk to Ciri and she just says, "Geralt?" over and over again.

I'm so close to finishing the game, and now it decides to break? Final Preparations is also broken because it's on the step of helping Ciri finish up business around Novigrad. I've talked to everyone else, did every other step thus far successfully, and I can't get out of this. Did I come this far only to have it break? All my manual saves have been overwritten because I did a TON of questing between the main quest stages, so I have nothing to revert back to (not to mention all those hours would be wasted). Can this be fixed, or am I pretty much screwed?

Try going to the stables, Northern Warehouse on the harbourside, main harbour nearest to the beached cog...

OK, so the main harbor is the big "C" shaped one on the western side of Novigrad? Not sure what the "beached cog" is either, sorry. :) Been playing this game for a long time, but not sure what location this is. And I can't find a single picture of it online! LOL

---------- Updated at 09:35 PM ----------

Never mind, I got it. I saw the beached ship, and figured that's a "cog" ship. :) I ran past a hooded dude and the quest started. Not sure at all why the marker was on Ciri back in the Chameleon...total goof bug there, but at least it's progressing and not broken. :) Thanks Lieste!

Payback

OK, so the main harbor is the big "C" shaped one on the western side of Novigrad? Not sure what the "beached cog" is either, sorry. :) Been playing this game for a long time, but not sure what location this is. And I can't find a single picture of it online! LOL

---------- Updated at 09:35 PM ----------

Never mind, I got it. I saw the beached ship, and figured that's a "cog" ship. :) I ran past a hooded dude and the quest started. Not sure at all why the marker was on Ciri back in the Chameleon...total goof bug there, but at least it's progressing and not broken. :) Thanks Lieste!

Hi,

I have the same issue with ciri keep saying Geralt either select Final Preperation or Payback no cutscene just showing wait for daylight when select payback or select final preperation showing "Help ciri to finihs her business in Noviguard" but as i explain ciri keep sating Geralt and no cut scene

can you please share the location how did you solve the issue.

Regards;
Aali

Top Bottom