The Witcher 3 Endings, Mass Effect 3 Style

+
The Witcher 3 Endings, Mass Effect 3 Style

Natrually, the post contains spoilers for both games. Part of an inside joke between myself and a friend: whenever we beat a game (usually an RPG), we try to retell the ending with a ME3 template. It's far from perfect and doesn't translate seamlessly because the lore/dialogue is not parallel (unlike Deus Ex:HR) but here goes...

Ciri goes through the portal the confront the White Frost. She emerges, disoriented, on the ground, almost unconscious. She is approached by the spectre of a child, one she could vaguely recognize. It was Gretka from Crow's Perch, who must've died after Sergeant Ardal took charge.

G: Wake up.
C: What? Where am I?
G:Tedd Deireadh. It is my home.
C: Who are you?
G: I am the Catalyst [of the White Frost]
C: I need to stop the Wild Hunt, do you know how I can do that?
G: Perhaps. I control the Wild Hunt. They are my solution.
C: Solution to what?
G: Chaos. The created, will always rebel against their creators. But we found a way to stop that from happening. A way to restore order. Your kind are bound to create monsters, monsters that will inevitably slaughter them in turn. I created the Reap -- the Wild Hunt -- to stop that from happening.
C: By wiping out human life?
G: No. We harvest advanced, sentient races, leaving the primitive ones alone. Without us to stop it, monsters would wipe out all sentient races. We created the cycle so that never happens. That's the solution.
C: The defining characteristic for sentient life is that we think for ourselves. Make our own decisions. If you take that away, we may as well be monsters. Just like you.
G: You have choice. More than you deserve. The fact that you are standing here, the first descendant of the Elder Blood ever, proves it. But it also proves that my solution won't work anymore.
C: So now what?
G: We find a new solution.
C: How?
G: The White Frost changed me. Created new... possibilities. But I can't make them happen. And I won't.
C: Make what happen?
G: What you came here to do. You want to destroy us.
Ciri now looks ahead. She can make out multiple objects. One is some sort of tumor-like growth, encased in ice (the heart of the Wild Hunt), another is an altar, decorated in shining runes, with two handles, energy streaming through them. The third is a bottomless pit energy flowing out of it. Her gaze returns to the frozen tumor. Ciri in her head sees images of Geralt walking up to it, thrusting his sword through the ice, and killing it.
G: You can wipe out all monsters from the world, including the Wild Hunt. You have this opportunity, but in doing so, you will also destroy yourselves.
C: But the Wild Hunt will be destroyed?
G: Yes. But the peace won't last.
C: How is that possible?
G: Monsters are created through the vile actions and emotions of your kind. By wiping out monsters, there will no longer be a need for Witchers, causing them to ultimately fade from existence. Without monsters to fight, the humans, elves, and dwarves, will have nobody to kill other than themselves. This will create new monsters, and a new Wild Hunt, both more vicious and dangerous than the last cycle. And without the existence of Witchers to defend your kind, it shall be annihilated. And the Chaos will come back.
C: Maybe.
G: Or, do you think you can control us?
Ciri glances at the altar. Images of Avallac'h approaching it, grabbing the two handles and channeling his energy into it flash through her mind.
C: So, Avallac'h was right after all.
G: Yes. But he could never control us, for we already controlled him.
C: But I can?
G: It requires your blood, Ciri. You will die. You will control us, but you will lose everything you have.
C: I don't understand, how can I control them if I'm dead.
G: Your corporeal form will dissolve. But the Elder Blood will seep into the veins of all monstrosities. Your thoughts and your memories will continue - in them. Your connection to your kind will be lost, but you will remain aware of their existence
C: But the Wild Hunt will obey me?
G: Yes. They will be yours to direct and control as you see fit. But there is another solution: Synthesis.
C: And that is?
G: Add your blood to the White Frost. Doing so will combine all life - humans, non-humans, monsters, the Wild Hunt - into a new frame work, a new DNA. This is the ideal solution. Now that we know it is possible, we will inevitably reach Synthesis.
C: I... don't know...
G: Why not? Monstrosities are already an important part of the functioning of your world. Could you imagine your life without them?
C: And there will be peace?
G: The cycle will end. The Wild Hunt will cease their harvest. Synthesis is the final evolution of all life. Your time is at an end. You must decide.
C: No. I will end this war on my terms.
G: Then you will die knowing you failed to save everything you fought for.
C: I fight for freedom. Mine, and everyone's. I fight for the right, to chose our own fate. And if I die... I'll die knowing I did everything I could to stop you. And I'll die free.
G: Is that your final decision?
C: (#ADAM JENSEN REFERENCE!!!!!!) I never asked for this...
G: So be it. The cycle continues.

The player watches a black and white epilogue of the Northern Realms, Nilfgaard, everyone being overwhelmed and killed by monsters and Wild Hunt riders, the White Frost, claiming the rest. Then the game resumes to where Ciri had her confrontation with the White Frost. Ciri is shown dying in the Fallout fashion, with the Fallout death music playing. Then Critical Mission from Mass Effect music plays, in an insulting manner. There is only one option on the players screen - Restart your entire game. Above, it reads: You failed to appreciate our art. This is your punishment. Begrudgingly, you hit the button, then you get an Application Error/Crash, with either the hard copy disk magically scratched beyond repair or any memory of you purchasing and having access to the game completely wiped. The End XD

What'd you think? Thoughts/Reaction if this was the actual game ending?

Last edited:
You forgot to add that sorceresses teleport Geralt and his friends to some unknown planet while Ciri fight to save the world

You forget the part about how there are 3 possible ending choices: red beams, blue beams and green beams. Or whatever the colors were.

Top Bottom