Votes: 40 2.9%
  • There was enough of Triss in the game

Votes: 128 9.1%
  • I don't like Triss

Votes: 38 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me we should be verbal fireworks at Kaer Morhen between the 2, extra fireworks for those who are romancing them both at the same time as both will be confident rather than despondent.

Later Novigrad/Skellige should be the lower key acceptance moment imo.

I agree with that. But really, Geralt(the player) wouldn't HAVE to be privy to the conversation, heated or otherwise, between the two sorceresses. No matter which woman the player is romancing, Geralt would only know the two women have buried the feelings and are willing to work through this to save Ciri. I firmly believe the HEATED 'conversation' would be between the two 'equals'...who ever Geralt choose would give basically the same response:

LI: It's done Geralt...best we drop this now, wait and let cooler heads prevail.
G: You know what they say about time and wounds...
LI: Nice sentiment but, I fear the author knew nothing of sorceresses...

---------- Updated at 10:18 AM ----------

Consider Phillipa, Margarita, Avalach, Ciri and even Vigo nearby, damn it would be awkward :D

Maybe this scene should take place in Norvigad (after you complete Triss and Yen quest rescue mage of the Lodge)

Great read as always ;)

I also acknowledge that...and at Dandelion's place MIGHT be the best spot, off in a 'quiet' corner...

Can't imagine that Devs will read the whole 566 pages of this LOL.

Wish a MOD would 'sticky' this thread...I think we have earned it :)

Also, it would be nice if our 'patron' RED would ASK for a short summery of this thread for his 'meeting' with his boss.

---------- Updated at 10:33 AM ----------

Even though I would be sooo happy to have more content for Triss I don't know if this will ever happen - because as others have already said we can't force CDPR to do something (but I wanna be optimistic on this one, of course). One way or another, I must say I am satisfied that more than 800 people have the same opinion and they also voted. I hope we will soon reach 1,000 votes (and even more) thus CDPR will see that it's a serious issue for many fans.

Well, in country boy terms...they say you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. Well by gawd, I can tie his ass to the trough and leave him there too!

We can't MAKE CDPR do anything, thats right...but folks on here who have come before me have said, the REDs are very customer aware. I will trust that if we can keep the positive attitudes in this thread, keep churning out good ideas and keep unified, CDPR will in SOMEway throw us a bone...in some form or another.

I will keep the faith...and the pitchforks at the ready! ;)

Be careful CDPR, even Geralt seem scare of pitchforks :whistle:

I agree with that. But really, Geralt(the player) wouldn't HAVE to be privy to the conversation, heated or otherwise, between the two sorceresses. No matter which woman the player is romancing, Geralt would only know the two women have buried the feelings and are willing to work through this to save Ciri. I firmly believe the HEATED 'conversation' would be between the two 'equals'...who ever Geralt choose would give basically the same response:

LI: It's done Geralt...best we drop this now, wait and let cooler heads prevail.

Yes, but what a wasted story opportunity, especially for those of us who haven't read and the books and have been working through amnesia for two games.

Wish a MOD would 'sticky' this thread...I think we have earned it :)

Also, it would be nice if our 'patron' RED would ASK for a short summery of this thread for his 'meeting' with his boss.

---------- Updated at 10:33 AM ----------

Well, in country boy terms...they say you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. Well by gawd, I can tie his ass to the trough and leave him there too!

We can't MAKE CDPR do anything, thats right...but folks on here who have come before me have said, the REDs are very customer aware. I will trust that if we can keep the positive attitudes in this thread, keep churning out good ideas and keep unified, CDPR will in SOMEway throw us a bone...in some form or another.

Meeting? What meeting?

He will just show up for a little moment when they have their conference and say "Pshht.. guys! More Triss!" After that he will close the door and back to his work.

Meanwhile every RED worker in the conference room will take out a piece of paper with Triss as background and start discussing about improved or more content :p

*irony off* Yeah vote for sticky too here !

I agree with you wholeheartedly

Same here, romancing her or not, I think Geralt cares for her far too much to allow it, even for the sake of the plan.

I reloaded and went with how I feel instead of trying to see things I may have missed in my 1st playthrough. I went up to the point, outside Menge's office, where Triss is about to be taken away and that was far enough for me. If I miss out on things or get a worse ending then so be it. After the battle, Geralt says to Triss: "Sorry... I couldn't let them torture you. You mean too much to me." He says exactly what I would want him to say and that little part means so much more to me.

I tried but just can't go through that torture scene with Triss. That was the most excruciating thing. My instinct, as it was in my first playthrough, is to prevent Triss from being hurt. I don't care about the treasure or if I miss out on something. I have to go with how I feel. But now I feel terrible :(

Exactly the same, first playthrough I didn't let them touch her, second playthrough I was romancing Yen and still couldn't handle it after they hit her, "Fuck the treasure, these guys die" was what came into my head. Just couldn't go through with her getting imprisoned or tortured.

I reloaded and went with how I feel instead of trying to see things I may have missed in my 1st playthrough. I went up to the point, outside Menge's office, where Triss is about to be taken away and that was far enough for me. If I miss out on things or get a worse ending then so be it. After the battle, Geralt says to Triss: "Sorry... I couldn't let them torture you. You mean too much to me." He says exactly what I would want him to say and that little part means so much more to me.

Exactly, you may not get as good an outcome, but I felt far better for not putting up with their crap! Besides, Geralt's never been good at the sneaky undercover act!

First time i didn't let Triss being tortured.. But in my second playthrough....

---------- Updated at 04:12 PM ----------

Was hard though

Well I can realisticly see us having 1000 votes for more Triss by the end of this week, most likely even before then, It has already increased by about 8 votes since I first checked this page a few hrs ago.

---------- Updated at 04:14 PM ----------

First time i didn't let Triss being tortured.. But in my second playthrough....

---------- Updated at 04:12 PM ----------

Was hard though

You are a monster

I have put my confiance in her,believes in her so...

---------- Updated at 04:20 PM ----------

I was sad at the end of the quest and i restarted a lot of time

I just took the videos of "A Matter of Life And Death" and her new hair looks so beautiful during the ball and kiss under the fireworks, sweet. If only there was a scene before the last battle by the sea, on the beach with the background sunset and such my gaming experience would be complete lol But "well?" all we can wish is a "good luck" during the battle.

Interesting enough, I've replayed the fountain scene about house in Kovir, and Triss was saying something like: "I'm gonna tell you more later." But this "later" was never happened.

I've said it before. I tried to keep an eye out for any of these during my second playthrough. There's a lot of "laters" that never see the light of day. Seems to me like the devs wanted to include a lot more personal interactions but didn't find any places for it in the story as it stands. Or it needed to be cut due to time/resources. Or something. I dunno what happened exactly but there's lots of opportunities that seem perfect for more dialogue.

" I'm not about to let you go into the lion's den alone. Think about it, 85 desserts, and you're trying to keep your waist at 22 inches" - see they are even hilarious together, Geralt would take the fall for Triss and eat the desserts for her - still one of my favourite quotes.

Also another great quote when the lady at the party says that Albert isn't the smartest/brightest and then Geralt replies with "Don't Worry, he will fit right in with the rest of the mages", and that response from Triss "Geralt!", made me laugh every time.

Yeah. The scenes that we have with them are great. Even when not technically together yet, everything they say, it just oozes chemistry. They have some very skilled writers for sure. :p

I don't think they need a scene that's explicitly about Kovir.

I don't think it is needed it either. It would be nice though. Besides, they even set it up that there will be another scene. "I'll tell you the details later." Okay? So when is later? Oh, after the game's over? Alright... :dry:

The 'I'll tell you later' thing crops up a number of times for Ciri as well (after speaking with Phillipa and Margarita for example), I don't know if more dialogue was planned or it's a mistake, but these things are never really followed up on, in the game itself at least.

Last edited:
Can you get that response if you choose Yen romance? I did the first time and I remember TRYING to get Geralt to antagonize Yen...to illicit a response like that from her. I don't think I was able to do it IF I had chosen Yen. BUT, when I did it the second time, I hadn't picked either yet...so...that might ALSO point to the fact you are saying. Kinda made your argument for ya huh :S

I think if you choose Yen, she doesn't toss you through the portal because in her mind she's already won. No point in causing trouble when there isn't any. Only happens if you reject her. Definitely not a reference to choosing Triss currently. Only in reference to the 'canon' events of being with her in the 1st/2nd games.

I think we have all agreed on here, there needs to be a moment when you get all THREE are together and talk about it, even if it is something like silence from the two sorceress and Geralt looking beat. Doesn't have to be a fight and there really doesn't have to be anything said about it RIGHT THERE, just a promise that they WILL talk about it in the future. Probably should be done on Skelliga, before the fight...emotions will be more directed to the fight than RAW and fighting each other.

I like what you wrote here. Think you captured Yen quite nicely. :) Dunno exactly how the writers could envision such a scene but I really hope they include something of the sort. It needs to addressed. It's a big, decisive issue among the three of them. To just leave it to the side until the end, at which point, we don't even get to see it, is not satisfying to the relationship dynamics at play here. Three strong-willed characters, that care about each other not saying anything? Sorry, I'm not buying it. :dry:

I've said it before. I tried to keep an eye out for any of these during my second playthrough. There's a lot of "laters" that never see the light of day. Seems to me like the devs wanted to include a lot more personal interactions but didn't find any places for it in the story as it stands. Or it needed to be cut due to time/resources. Or something. I dunno what happened exactly but there's lots of opportunities that seem perfect for more dialogue.

I don't think it is needed it either. It would be nice though. Besides, they even set it up that there will be another scene. "I'll tell you the details later." Okay? So when is later? Oh, after the game's over? Alright... :dry:

I dont want to kill our hope tho but I got a feeling that they wont add stuff to the expansions that is discussed here or anywhere else in this forum. I whish they will but I think they already have a 100% plan about their expansions. I guess the only chance is to wait what happens after those 2 expansions come out.

Maybe they will - if there is any time left - create something new for the community but Im not sure.

Personally I whish that "more of it later" will take place in one of those expansions but I feel like we have to wait longer for that long awaited G+T future talk :/

At the moment almost with Triss again in Novi. The Menge quest will show up and I guess I will slay everyone again before they can even take out those tools to torture her.

People asks, why other characters should notice Geralt and Triss relationship, when everybody knows that Yenn and Geralt are a couple? Yeah, but in the previous games everyone knew about Geralt's warm feelings to Triss. And suddenly in witcher 3 nobody cares again. This is just weird. It seems like the only one who cares is Dijkstra.

Yeah, and I think Dijkstra is working from mostly selfish motivations. I know during the second one, many characters aren't exactly present but from those that are there, that see Geralt and Triss together, I don't think there's any reason why they couldn't have had anything to say. Roche, Zoltan, Dandelion, a couple of sorceresses, Letho (although I don't think he would care all that much) are all there at Flotsam. Zoltan and Dandelion are the big ones though. They are shown to actually give a crap about Geralt's personal goings-on.

They dropped the ball majorly in this regard. There's reactivities elsewhere in game but created a completely unsatisafctory Kaer Morhen experience for those who romanced Triss. Unless the game design was changed at the last minute its not something that can be an accident which makes it so much worse. The salt in the wound is when you see all the effort put into the unique content for Yen romance at Kaer Morhen.

Like I said, Triss is originally supposed to be recruited during Borther's in Arms. Why they even give you the option to do it before then is beyond me. It creates this big plot hole and I see no reason for it. :X

Like I said, Triss is originally supposed to be recruited during Borther's in Arms. Why they even give you the option to do it before then is beyond me. It creates this big plot hole and I see no reason for it. :X

I stick by what i said its a huge dropped ball because it is literally a terrible idea if they did in the first place try and exclude her so she could only appear after brothers in arms, which would have been great storytelling opportunity. Even If Triss was only supposed to be recruited after Kaer Morhen surely they would thought of balancing the situation by giving her more content in Act2/3 to make up for the fact she missed out on all that extra Kaer Morhen content. Except that's not the case and she's by and large silent and less involved.

P.s playing Brothers in arms today. First time my recollection was that Triss Brothers in arms quest completed automatically at the end of ugly baby. This time round it hasn't. Not a good sign if patches are rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Last edited:

I suppose rather than Geralt actually witnessing the heated argument but seeing the fallout from the exchange & get second hand account of it from the LI.
I think the later acceptance scene would make much more sense to have all three present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom