After finishing The Witcher 3.... The world feels so lonely!! :(

+

• Total voters

Hi. I wanted to know if I'm the only one disappointed by the "after ending" of the Witcher 3.
I played Dragon Age inquisition, and I felt sad because the main characters doesn't have conversations with you once you finish the game, but with The Witcher 3 is even worst than that, because you don't even see them again! And of course I'm talking about Triss, Yen, Ciri, Zoltan, etc... And there are so many things I want to know after the end of the game... Like this:

*SPOILER:*

I want to see Ciri and know how is she doing leaving now with Emhyr, I want to speak or do some "adult things" with my romance option Yen, I want to know how is Jaskier and his "girlfriend" Priscilla, I want to know what happens with Avallac'h. I WANT TO KNOW SO MANY THINGS!! :)

I hope that one of the pay DLC adds something to the story after the epilogue, I would be soooo happy (EDIT: or maybe an Enhanced Edition). Do you agree with me?

Last edited:
Just for saying, but after the ending, the game is finished. It's totally unreasonable asking to change how the thing has been handled.

Yep, the numbers are growing every day....
Welcome.

Follow the link from CrunchyNapkin ;)

Last edited:
Thank you!! I didn't knew that. Reading the answer of CD project on that thread, sadly it looks like they won't add new dialogues and options post-credit :( And considering that this is the last Geralt of Rivia game and maybe last "The Witcher" game, it makes me feel so sad :(. I'm still hopping that they will release a DLC or maybe an Enhanced Edition with new dialogues post-credits.

I felt the same way. Would have been cool to have new quests pop up AFTER you finish the game like Geralt and Yen trying to settle down and have quests around or something like that.

I hope CD Projekt will hear our prayers and put it into the game. I feel the same way... I want to take out Yen for dinner, see how Ciri is doing and so on...
I would even pay for it

---------- Updated at 06:50 PM ----------

Hi there. Can u tell me on what page i find the CDPR reply? Scrolled through 50 pages.. still not found.
Thanks in advance =)

If they release a pay DLC with dialogues and options after epilogue I would totally buy it!! XD

I think that allmost everyone would buy it.

Thank you!! I didn't knew that. Reading the answer of CD project on that thread, sadly it looks like they won't add new dialogues and options post-credit And considering that this is the last Geralt of Rivia game and maybe last "The Witcher" game, it makes me feel so sad . I'm still hopping that they will release a DLC or maybe an Enhanced Edition with new dialogues post-credits.

Well i writed a message to a RED and he said that they allready know about this issue and dicussed a lot of time about his problem and they know majorety of people want t to be soved, but it is not simple to solve and that they cant decide how to make this post end.
But come on guys Krull32 said our numbers are groing every day not only here but also on the internet like steam and reddit and most of us are suggesting things that can be do (most are thery similar) this way i think devs can take some ideas. So yeah welcome to da club and go to the link left by Crunchy and write in that thread to make it grow bigger and bigger.

CD PROJEKT RED wont let so many fans down.

Hi. I wanted to know if I'm the only one disappointed by the "after ending" of the Witcher 3.
I played Dragon Age inquisition, and I felt sad because the main characters doesn't have conversations with you once you finish the game, but with The Witcher 3 is even worst than that, because you don't even see them again! And of course I'm talking about Triss, Yen, Ciri, Zoltan, etc... And there are so many things I want to know after the end of the game... Like this:

*SPOILER:*

I want to see Ciri and know how is she doing leaving now with Emhyr, I want to speak or do some "adult things" with my romance option Yen, I want to know how is Jaskier and his "girlfriend" Priscilla, I want to know what happens with Avallac'h. I WANT TO KNOW SO MANY THINGS!! :)

I hope that one of the pay DLC adds something to the story after the epilogue, I would be soooo happy (EDIT: or maybe an Enhanced Edition). Do you agree with me?

Welcome to the club of people feeling the same as you do
We play the game for 100+ hours save Ciri so that we can go on adventures with her.
Finally have time for romance with Triss/ Yen
The game ends :(

- I want to visit a few worlds with Ciri. Go on contracts together. Go ice skating with her :)
- I want to visit Priscilla and listen her sing again. This time song changes based on our choices
- Romance Triss/ Yen with a brand new Romantic sensual scene

I am sure many people here are ready to or will buy an Expansion pack where based on our choices we can enjoy the story and company of our beloved characters through a few hours of gameplay !!

This would satisfy a lot of fans. instead of the first 10 Hour contract Expansion pack coming in october 2015.

LOL MrPanda92 I have just read one of your comments on that other thread XD. I totally agree with you, in fact here I found a really good comment to CD project about the topic. Written by 09talamonteo (the creator of the famous other thread)

"
What people are asking for, and sure some people did say it would be cool to experience an after end game state, but not the majority. The majority of people want the characters back in the game and concurred that a post Epilogue state of the game which would literally have not required any change, except the characters implementation.

Okay, now to move onto the presentation of facts and what we as a player base were asking for compared to this:

1) Every NPC would have to react... No, Every character does not know what happened in Skellige after the Epilogue, and only Ciri, Geralt and Avallac'h knew as well as probably Yen/Triss...
2) They need different scenarios, only three, and that's in the case of the Epilogue, without the post Epilogue, literally no work.
3) Entire area's need to change dramatically. Nope, post the Epilogue, the zones are still in a war-time state, the war is not over yet. The war ends, which entails these massive changes post the Storyboard, after the Epilogue. If you didn't do the Epilogue, nothing has changed because the story hasn't ended at all.

Sure, there is never such a thing as "JUST" adding something, but there is a thing as improving something to make it more enjoyable, rewarding and making your fans happy, as well as satisfied with the end of the game. As well as being able to still feel immersed in the game world for DLC content, continuing their game.

I really hope that you make an effort to discuss this, and next time actually read the thread.

Because, for almost 250+ pages of this thread it has been discussed, the options you have and what would have been really, the best way to implement this change and it seems you have taken the one option no-one realistically expected and said, "Oh yes, we can't do this because... Or it would be extremely difficult to do this because..." when we already know these reasons and thus didn't make that a realistic option in the first place, more of a shiny dream enjoyed by some players...

The fact is that ending the game after the Epilogue was realistic and the best option to really conclude, Geralt's story. Your story board acts as a form of insurance for the player, to know that their character will enjoy said future, well also in the right time to have all the side quests still available, active and relevant, as well as all the characters deployed in the game world."

- Written by 09talamonteo

Last edited:
We do not know a thing about the dlc (at least i do not) it could be they would plan this after releasing the dlc, but they already said they didn't think of that, so as many other people I hope you can at least have a chat with Triss/Yen/Ciri but looking on other forums and other threads way to many people including myself would like some kind of interaction, maybe an option to do contracts with Ciri.
Especially because this sadly is the ending of the story of Geralt of Rivia, the best character used in a game in a LONG time. For me the Witcher 3 and maybe the Witcher 2 are the only games featuring the real Geralt if I look back on the previous 2 games Geralts face changed way too much in a good way more detail, better expressions which is normal but I think you will know what I mean with that. So with me you have another supporter of the idea! Hope CDPR reads this thread :p

ive created an account just so i can show my support of some DLC to fix this...

ive only just gotten back into witcher 3 recently as ive been super busy with work and other stuff.anyway i got sucked in hard over the last couple of weeks and finished it last weekend.i was pretty happy with the ending (ciri becomes witcher,geralt with yen) but then when i spawn back in i discover im all alone in the kaer morhen....kinda feels like geralts been abandoned...fair enough ciri might be out travelling the world doing witcher contracts but where is gezza's love interest?? at least put her back in with some dialogue. really ruins the immersion for me unfortunately. and that sucks cause this is an awesome game.. ive read heaps of forums about this and a lot of people say that the post ending free roam is set just before the last mission. but i dont think this is true because according to my quest log,the last missions are completed and archived.even the small mission where ciri gets her witcher sword.

on another note, maybe thats why we are going to toussaint in blood and wine?.....looks like a perfect place for a special wedding hmm? (HINT* HINT*) and weddings are a great place to catch up with all your closest friends (WINK* WINK*)

My solution to this problem was to stop advancing the plot around the time of Final Preparations. I've already beaten the game several times, so I know what happens at the end, and this way Geralt's pals are all still around doing their thing. If I ever want to see Dandelion, Yennefer, Triss, etc., I just head on over to the Chameleon Inn in Novigrad.

I think the only mistake CDPR made was in allowing you to continue after the epilogue. Not that I blame them because they'd probably have been moaned at if they hadn't. But this game was never a sandbox, it's a story driven game and like all good stories, it has to end at some point. Not being a sandbox there is no point in continuing on after the epilogue, even if major characters where around. What purpose would they serve? The story has ended. Really, there's a lot of problems with The Witcher 3 but this isn't one of them.

luckily for me I finished up the Witcher and jumped into the DLC so the world didn't feel empty. Now if I can only make HOS last till BAW I would be good

Last edited:
I think the only mistake CDPR made was in allowing you to continue after the epilogue. Not that I blame them because they'd probably have been moaned at if they hadn't.

They are still getting moaned at with the post-ending gameplay added. Although maybe by fewer people. But it was also made about as depressing as possible with the player spawned in an empty Kaer Morhen and the same music played as during the slides of the bad ending. It may have been an intentional choice, however, to make the player feel that the story is over. In any case, I would not have had any issues with the game ending after the credits roll, after all, that was no different in W1 and W2.

They are still getting moaned at with the post-ending gameplay added. Although maybe by fewer people. But it was also made about as depressing as possible with the player spawned in an empty Kaer Morhen and the same music played as during the slides of the bad ending. It may have been an intentional choice, however, to make the player feel that the story is over. In any case, I would not have had any issues with the game ending after the credits roll, after all, that was no different in W1 and W2.

This isn't a sandbox game so continuing on after the story ends makes no sense. The second and third acts are empty enough as it is and people are moaning about the emptiness post-epilogue. The more pressing fix would be to address the shambles that is Acts 2 and 3. The plain fact of the matter is that whilst this is an enjoyable game, the ambition of The Witcher 3 outstripped its budget.

I don't know, while I agree the world feels empty after the main quest, I don't mind. The main story is done, the matter was resolved and everyone is now living in peace. I don't think anything you do after the main story is actually what Geralt is doing after stopping the Wild Hunt. There's quite a few inconsistencies (Redanian soldiers shouting "long live Radovid" if Radovid is dead or there still being a big ass Nilfgaardian camp in Velen if Emhy dies.) I think it's just there for people to have the option of doing more side quests and leveling up, purely for gameplay's sake.

If they decide to do an Enhanced Edition and go back to clean up some stuff in the main game, I'd MUCH prefer them to focus on fleshing out the third act.

Top Bottom