+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure If your post was addressed to me, but I think some people have a to understand that people don't only criticize Yen to make Triss look better. I don't like Triss or any of the other woman you mentioned more than Yen. Not everybody is in "Team Triss/Yen",some people even think the whole war is rather childish . But I understand that's hard to stomach for some people, who will defend their favorite character no matter what.

---------- Updated at 01:13 PM ----------

And my biggest problem with Yen is still Geralt (like I explained a few pages back)

I wish we could have played Vesemir instead from this moment if CDP forces me to play as books Geralt whenever Yennefer ins involved.

---------- Updated at 01:14 PM ----------

And my biggest problem with Yen is still Geralt (like I explained a few pages back)

I wish we could have played Vesemir instead from this moment if CDP forces me to play as books Geralt whenever Yennefer ins involved.

I'd would like to play as Yennefer in this moment (like i can do with Ciri) and how I could act being aware I need help from people don't trust me. Usually, when somo one doesn't trust you it not matters what you say. Even saying the truth those people won't believe yhou. My daughter is in danger and I have no time for explanation that will be rejected at the first word. (Herb trial??))

Maybe a RPG is not only to put oneself in the skin of the main character but all the other characters too.

I'd would like to play as Yennefer in this moment (like i can do with Ciri) and how I could act being aware I need help from people don't trust me. Usually, when somo one doesn't trust you it not matters what you say. Even saying the truth those people won't believe yhou. My daughter is in danger and I have no time for explanation that will be rejected at the first word. (Herb trial??))

Maybe a RPG is not only to put oneself in the skin of the main character but all the other characters too.
It's not like Yennefer gave them any reason to trust her. Imagine some more or less stranger comes into your house tells you to do things, refuses to give you any explanation. What would you do?

Geralt is not Vesemir. He's known Yennefer for a long time, and that may come as a surprise to you -he knows and trusts her. So maybe that's why Geralt can't question her motives or actions every time (even if you as a player would want it). Still, there are such situations when he can oppose or disapprove - he can do it with Emhyr, he can do it in Freya's garden,necromancy, he doesn't have to help her with the Last Wish quest , he can say something like "If I had known what that would be about, I'd have refused etc etc,he can refuse to report to Emhyr - so don't act like Geralt is a helpless puppy with her all the time. He isn't.

Last edited:
It's not like Yennefer gave them any reason to trust her.
It's like they see her for a first time, mmhm. They knew each other for about 20 years, they knew that she desperately searching for her daughter, they knew that she can do and give anything to find her. Why she can not be trusted? The woman, who endured tortures for Ciri, went through hell for her. Are they stupid? On her place I would slap their faces, because one can not be so unbelievably foolish.

Geralt is not Vesemir. He's known Yennefer for a long time, and that may come as a surprise to you -he knows and trusts her. So maybe that's why Geralt can't question her motives or actions every time (even if you as a player would want it). Still, there are such situations when he can oppose or disapprove - he can do it with Emhyr, he can do it in Freya's garden,necromancy, he doesn't have to help her with the Last Wish quest , he can say something like "If I had known what that would be about, I'd have refused etc etc - so don't act like Geralt is a helpless puppy with her all the time. He isn't.

Well, i agree with you to some extent.While there still is the auto flirting in Skellige, further in the game you can disapprove and question her action.
Not that she changes a BIT her behaviour for Geralt, but at least you can disagree.

It's like they see her for a first time, mmhm. They knew each other for about 20 years, they knew that she desperately searching for her daughter, they knew that she can do and give anything to find her. Why she can not be trusted? The woman, who endured tortures for Ciri, went through hell for her. Are they stupid? On her place I would slap their faces, because one can not be so unbelievably foolish.

Waste around 1 hours to explain her plan to Vesemir, Lambert and Eskel. The result for not doing it is Lambert, Eskel delay "their work", while Vesemir properly said "go plough yourself"...

Or secrective is one of Yen's personality ?

Waste around 1 hours to explain her plan to Vesemir, Lambert and Eskel. The result for not doing it is Lambert, Eskel delay "their work", while Vesemir properly said "go plough yourself"...

Or secrective is one of Yen's personality ?

AS the scene runs, if any witcher knows about the trial of herbs she is thinking to use.... reallly hab been a matter of one hour? *cough*

That's why I wrote "more or less" stranger. Sure they know about her, maybe have met her once or two times. But they still don't have any relation to her except that she is Geralt's lover.
Well, Yennefer obviously thought that they wont support her, so she decided to not induct them into her plans. If you ask her she also says that the other witchers don't trust her. So there is probably a reason for it.
Your last sentence is excatly the problem of many Yennefer fans. They think she has the right to do whatever she wants and treat others however it pleases her, preferably without any explanations. Because her goal justifies each of her actions. Even Geralt who want's to protect Ciri as much as Yennefer doesn't deserve explanations according to Yennefer.

I think few sentences with some explanations will be enough and better.
That is the question for CDPR. Yen was always adequate in this matters, she never was hysterical. In the books was a scene, where she was on Skelllige, and needed a big crystal from the temple. She briefly explained to Krach why, and he was smart enough to trust her and help. I do not know how long they knew each other, but long enough for both to trust. Everyone was happy.

Plot hole and OOC. See above.

My humble opinion: it was weird for me all the mask mess with Ermion, and the decision to not tell him what her plans was. But in Kaer Morhen she was totally right to not tell the witcher about the Trial of Grasses.
It brings up unpleasant and painful memories, also she knows it can kill Uma (and who knows if there's Ciri behind him, thus making the Trial painful even for her)... so while it's a dangerous... it's the last hope. She allows (and she has to) Vesemir to try another method, but it doesn't work.

That is the question for CDPR. Yen was always adequate in this matters, she never was hysterical. In the books was a scene, where she was on Skelllige, and needed a big crystal from the temple. She briefly explained to Krach why, and he was smart enough to trust her and help. I do not know how long they knew each other, but long enough for both to trust. Everyone was happy.

Agreed.

Well, seeing how Lambert reacted to her plan with Uma - It's not weird that she was reluctant to tell them about it.

But it gonna move her plan foward, she properly just need Vesemir agree.
-Forktail hunting ? All right let get this done Eskel, no time to waste, and we also need to hunt down this monster soon
-And Lambert, why you still doing here ? Just go to the mountain and get it over with
-What? you need me to find something...you have the tool, why you don't do it yourself :lol:

Plot hole and OOC. See above.
Sorry i don't know much about book

But from Mask and Kaer Mohen scene, i think she is a bit too secrective ...

That's why I wrote "more or less" stranger. Sure they know about her, maybe have met her once or two times. But they still don't have any relation to her except that she is Geralt's lover.
So as Triss, but everyone seems to believe her. So if it does not matter that Yen was at Kaer Morhain several times, know every witcher, is a mother to Ciri and and went through hell for her, she is a bitch, because she is not nice and so not speak with squeaky voice. I believe Sapkowski would handle this scene better, but we have what we have. I am totally on the side of Yen, and I really do not get why everyone speaks about her bad and is so hostile. Because should not be so.

That is the question for CDPR..
Also in books she didn't dare to go to Kaer Morhen without invite.

---------- Updated at 03:55 PM ----------

So as Triss, but everyone seems to believe her. So if it does not matter that Yen was at Kaer Morhain several times, know every witcher, is a mother to Ciri and and went through hell for her, she is a bitch, because she is not nice and so not speak with squeaky voice. I believe Sapkowski would handle this scene better, but we have what we have. I am totally on the side of Yen, and I really do not get why everyone speaks about her bad and is so hostile. Because should not be so.

She can be a good "mother" and a bitch woman with terrible character and bad attitude to others. Exept Ciri and Geralt (sometimes :whistle:). This is not mutual exclusion.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 73
Sorry i don't know much about book
Shame. Books is better than games, full story and so on.

But from Mask and Kaer Mohen scene, i think she is a bit too secrective ...
Yes, she was. Book Yen is honest and open so much it can hurt. But she is not overly secretive, only where it is necessary. If she needs something, she will explain, she is very good at persuading, she has her reasons and she can gain trust even from someone, who was negative towards her. Game Yen is different, too harsh, too secretive.

Shame. Books is better than games, full story and so on.

Don't have the time to read the full book yet, but i quick read many stuff about Triss and Yen to not misunderstanding a character
Yes, she was. Book Yen is honest and open so much it can hurt. But she is not overly secretive, only where it is necessary. If she needs something, she will explain, she is very good at persuading, she has her reasons and she can gain trust even from someone, who was negative towards her. Game Yen is different, too harsh, too secretive.

So you think CDPR do a terrible job for her character in-game ?

We are talking about Yen's secrective problem, i don't know why you get the idea to bring Triss into this. Ahh i think because this is Triss vs Yen topic, so it best for me to quit now...

@HaveFun90 damn the last wish chapter is really long, need more time to read :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom