Radovid - Anything good come of his rule? *Spoilers*

+
I've read the books and everyone who have done it knows that Dijkstra would never attack Geralt AGAIN in single combat. It's simply ridicolous. Makes me think that some of the devs haven't read the books.

I think having a chase or having a double cross would've been better, Temerian Guerilla's pop up around Dijkstra and his thugs and blast 'em away with crossbows

:)<

Ves and Roche knew he was going to turn.

Geralt isn't God, he hasn't the sway nor the support himself to change the course of politics, he is a tool for those who intend to shape politics for their end, you may think you're the one in control in the game, but really you're just a good sword to be applied by whoever you choose to support in the matter.

I like that fact, I just wish the political leaders weren't so dislikable, I didn't trust any of them...

In the end, the Witcher 3 it's an RPG game, not a book. In The Witcher 2, CDPR gave us the possibility of restoring Temeria, splitting it in two or giving the country to Redania. Also they gave us the possibility of creating a new country or conquer a big part of another one for Kaedwen. In this game, they gave us the possibility of killing a king deciding who will win the war and how.

So, even when in the books Geralt was just swordsman who was pursuing Ciri, in the games, he is something similar to God or, at least, a powerful actor who decides many things of the political aspect and I don't understand why the devs simply vanished our choices from TW2

Gah, but it always comes down to either your immediate friends and relations, or the good of the North - The Disney ending for Temeria seemed like the best of both worlds - I didn't actually think it was going to end so 'happily' at the time, I just wanted to make sure that when all was said and done I wasn't going to see Triss or Yen tied to a stake... Radovid's Witchhunters had to go.

Dijkstra might have been better as a whole, but I'd much rather see the lilies hanging in Temeria instead of an Eagle regardless.. If Dijkstra didn't plan to kill Roche and he promised to restore Temeria himself it'd be a clear cut win for his way.. Why'd he have to betray Roche?! it was silly especially when all he had was a small group of hired thugs against a Witcher and a few Blue Stripes...

Now that I think of it, that was a massive mistake for someone who seemed so intelligent...
Yep, except the lilies will be beneath a golden sun which i'm not a fan of. I realise that my close friends are in danger and that sucks (and why i was kinda annoyed that the epilogue didn't cover what happened to your close friends such as zoltan, dandelion Triss and/or Yen etc...) i just hope that they manage to escape to different countries.
Again i agree with you about Dijkstras stupidity and that was a big flaw in his writing as well as how they transformed Radovid into this completely Evil guy.

I think having a chase or having a double cross would've been better, Temerian Guerilla's pop up around Dijkstra and his thugs and blast 'em away with crossbows

:)<

Ves and Roche knew he was going to turn.

Maybe, but I would prefer that, somehow, Geralt will convince both to avoid the fight a keep fighting Nilfgaard. Anais could be a good reason for that

---------- Updated at 09:55 PM ----------

A vote for Radovid is a vote for Adda, the true Queen of Temeria.

Adda could be dead. did you know that? The Eternal Fire doesn't like former strigas

Last edited:
Radovid was a dead man when he ordered those Witch Hunters to kill Geralt, after he was searching the cave for Phillipa - it is quite obvious they were not acting without orders - as Radovid said it himself later - Geralt knew way too much to live... so, with Radovid alive and ruling the North, you can count on him trying to kill Geralt and his friends for the same reason...
you don't need to get in a fight with them, it depends on the choices you made, they were clearly doing it in their own interests.

---------- Updated at 10:28 PM ----------

He turned his Soldiers on Geralt, got those men killed and swore he'd get Geralt some day ahaha.
I am still waiting for the day, oh wait, it came when he tried to have me and Roche killed, and I chopped his thick head from his shoulders (;

Also from the books we learn the 'Lesser Evil' is a load o' shite. q:

I am definitely now torn between Radovid - and his plight to save the North, or the selfish option - ensuring that Yen, Triss and Ciri don't get hurt.

-Nothing else matters ~ The North or your loved ones.

Dijkstra isn't to be trusted. Ever.
It isn't for certain that if Radovid wins that Yen, Ciri and Triss will be killed.
Yen- Super powerful badass who disappears somewhere with Geralt (or alone) never to be seen again, no one truly knows where they are in the world, might not even be in Redanian territory.
Triss- In Kovir, the wealthiest kingdom in the North with enough money to build 2 armies. If Radovid decides to invade eventually Triss could once again disappear somewhere, Skellige perhaps or south to Nilfgaard, she doesn't HAVE to die, there are plenty of other outcomes for her.
Ciri- Ultimate badass who can travel anywhere she wants to in the blink of an eye and can fend for herself (she one shot wild hunt soldiers in the final battle) not even worried about her being caught by a bunch of witch hunters, as long as shes smart and careful she will be fine. I would be worried about Emhyr who knows about her (unlike Radovid and who will dedicate the time and resources to find her ( although i do believe that he too will fail.

Yep, except the lilies will be beneath a golden sun which i'm not a fan of. I realise that my close friends are in danger and that sucks (and why i was kinda annoyed that the epilogue didn't cover what happened to your close friends such as zoltan, dandelion Triss and/or Yen etc...) i just hope that they manage to escape to different countries.
Again i agree with you about Dijkstras stupidity and that was a big flaw in his writing as well as how they transformed Radovid into this completely Evil guy.

~ The Lilies aren't returning under any other circumstances, personally Temeria is my favourite nation in the entire North - But to see it become just another part of Dijkstra's Northern unification or as Radovids new prize, no thanks (don't have Adda as the padding for that outcome).

~Stopping the danger to Geralt's friends was my Geralt's only real concern and so the one who isn't going to burn Yen, Triss, Zoltanand DuDu is the ruler for the North my Geralt can put up with.

~Dijkstra's attempt to kill Roche was bordering insulting - The Blue Stripes were one of the best special forces in the North, a few thugs cannot contend, and with a Witcher at their back, they should've been running.

---------- Updated at 10:53 PM ----------

It isn't for certain that if Radovid wins that Yen, Ciri and Triss will be killed.
Yen- Super powerful badass who disappears somewhere with Geralt (or alone) never to be seen again, no one truly knows where they are in the world, might not even be in Redanian territory.
Triss- In Kovir, the wealthiest kingdom in the North with enough money to build 2 armies. If Radovid decides to invade eventually Triss could once again disappear somewhere, Skellige perhaps or south to Nilfgaard, she doesn't HAVE to die, there are plenty of other outcomes for her.
Ciri- Ultimate badass who can travel anywhere she wants to in the blink of an eye and can fend for herself (she one shot wild hunt soldiers in the final battle) not even worried about her being caught by a bunch of witch hunters, as long as shes smart and careful she will be fine. I would be worried about Emhyr who knows about her (unlike Radovid and who will dedicate the time and resources to find her ( although i do believe that he too will fail.

They'd be outlaws, forced to hide beneath rocks and eventually the Witchhunters would find them, I'd rather not risk it, my Geralt wasn't going to leave it up to chance, not for anything.. Threaten Triss, Yen or Ciri and you're dead, just like the 50 or so Nilfgaardians I killed to save Triss ~ Or the 30 odd Redanians I killed to get to Radovid (before Phil' got to him first).

~ The Lilies aren't returning under any other circumstances, personally Temeria is my favourite nation in the entire North - But to see it become just another part of Dijkstra's Northern unification or as Radovids new prize, no thanks (don't have Adda as the padding for that outcome).
Would it not be better for Temeria going down in a blaze of glory than to be remembered as the country that sold out its allies for a fancy Nilfgaardian collar?

Besides Redania's control of Temeria is likely to be a lot shorter lived than Nilfgaards.

Would it not be better for Temeria going down in a blaze of glory than to be remembered as the country that sold out its allies for a fancy Nilfgaardian collar?

Besides Redania's control of Temeria is likely to be a lot shorter lived than Nilfgaards.

Temeria's fate, while I am concerned ~ isn't the same view I RP'd Geralt with, seeing as he really doesn't care about their honor or credibility, like I said, in the politics part of the game I played solely to secure Geralt's loved one's safety, the fate of the North be damned.

~However if I were trying to secure Temeria's future alone I still don't know if having Redania's banner looming over them is any better than the Nilfgaardian one.

Henselt turned inwards the second chaos hit Aedirn he thought he could brush a certain Witcher aside, it bit him in the ass, despite the fact that I let Roche commit the regicide for his men ~ Then Radovid did the same ~ I want to know what'd happen if Foltest were still around, him and Radovid would easily send the Southerners running and Foltest would keep Radovid's quirks in control, guess that's why Foltest needed to go.. His awkward love life aside, Foltest was the best that the North had.

Last edited:
Temeria's fate, while I am concerned ~ isn't the same view I RP'd Geralt with, seeing as he really doesn't care about their honor or credibility, like I said, in the politics part of the game I played solely to secure Geralt's loved one's safety, the fate of the North be damned.

~However if I were trying to secure Temeria's future alone I still don't know if having Redania's banner looming over them is any better than the Nilfgaardian one.

Henselt turned inwards the second chaos hit Aedirn he thought he could brush a certain Witcher aside, it bit him in the ass, despite the fact that I let Roche commit the regicide for his men ~ Then Radovid did the same ~ I want to know what'd happen if Foltest were still around, him and Radovid would easily send the Southerners running and Foltest would keep Radovid's quirks in control, guess that's why Foltest needed to go.. His awkward love life aside, Foltest was the best that the North had.
Radovid would eat Foltest for breakfast. Radovid is cunning and ruthless to the extent that not even Emyhr and Phillipa can stand against him, unless ooc Geralt and his plot armour get involved. Foltest and the other kings were pawns for a corrupt and secret society. Radovid ends that tyranny, not only in Redania, but everywhere else too. And in beautiful style.

*Spoiler*
In case the title isn't warning enough

I got to see him get killed by philipa, does that count?

For the actual question, I think the writers made it so that nothing good would actually come out of it. I mean technically the North was united somewhat but I wouldn't exactly say it was a good thing. Sigi was a bit better, though vess thaler and roche. Hellz no.

But my thought was let the ppl fight for their own freedom. And temaria will no doubt possibly be able to rise up against nilfgard at some point in time. At least that is my justification

@daveyido

That style is so 1211

Last edited:
But my thought was let the ppl fight for their own freedom.
Exactly. So don't murder the King of the people who are fighting for their own freedom?

And temaria will no doubt possibly be able to rise up against nilfgard at some point in time.
I'm sure the Cintrans said the same. ^^

Temeria will no doubt rise up. And no doubt be smashed into a million pieces. Nilfgaard has an army equal to or larger than the entire North untied. Temeria will have a much easier time rising up if they are rising against an equally sized Kingdom top the North.

Not that I encourage treason against glorious Redania.
:radovidsmug:

Last edited:
Roche is either a broken man or completely out of character. He is willing to completely sell out every single kingdom in the North just to have Temeria survive as Nilfgaard's slave.

This makes him a traitor, as Radovid's wife is the rightful Queen of Temeria and he is actively plotting against her.
Roche wish to rule Temeria and Radovid stand on his way to achieve that with his rights to Temerian throne, that is why he want him dead and tell Geralt on every opportunity Radovid is crazy

Roche wish to rule Temeria and Radovid stand on his way to achieve that with his rights to Temerian throne, that is why he want him dead and tell Geralt on every opportunity Radovid is crazy
Well it all makes sense now! Is it just a coincidence he was mysteriously 'cut off by a dragon' when Foltest was murdered? I doubt it! Also John Natalis, a man who would never betray Temeria mysteriously disappears, last seen by Vernon Roche!

PS- Just noticed that during the Lub-Dub chess scene Radovid uses the Queen to remove Nilfgaard's king piece.

Queen Adda is canon confirmed. She just doesn't appear in the game because she is in Tretogor raising a bunch of Radolings.

Well it all makes sense now! Is it just a coincidence he was mysteriously 'cut off by a dragon' when Foltest was murdered? I doubt it! Also John Natalis, a man who would never betray Temeria mysteriously disappears, last seen by Vernon Roche!

PS- Just noticed that during the Lub-Dub chess scene Radovid uses the Queen to remove Nilfgaard's king piece.

Queen Adda is canon confirmed. She just doesn't appear in the game because she is in Tretogor raising a bunch of Radolings.
But isn`t strange to you that he doesn`t care who killed Radovid father in law in W3, when Foltest is killed next stop is Flotsam but not because Letho is there but because Roche want to kill Loredo who is threat to Temeria Roche wish to rule.

Where next Roche want to go, oh yeah kedweni military camp to plot against Henselt to stop him become powerful and become threat to his future land Temeria

Next lets go to Loc Muinne to save rightful heir to Temeria throne Anais La Valette last seen with Roche dissapear under obscure circumstances later on, he never ask you what happened to Foltest assasin in W2 cuz he dont care.

Who want to kill Radovid in W2, oh yeah it`s Roche who was Radovid allied and patriot but now he is nilfgardian dog and traitor, but question is was he ever been patriot or he just wanted to rule no matter under whose banner

But isn`t strange to you that he doesn`t care who killed Radovid father in law in W3, when Foltest is killed next stop is Flotsam but not because Letho is there but because Roche want to kill Loredo who is threat to Temeria Roche wish to rule.

Where next Roche want to go, oh yeah kedweni military camp to plot against Henselt to stop him become powerful and become threat to his future land Temeria

Next lets go to Loc Muinne to save rightful heir to Temeria throne Anais La Valette last seen with Roche dissapear under obscure circumstances later on, he never ask you what happened to Foltest assasin in W2 cuz he dont care.

Who want to kill Radovid in W2, oh yeah it`s Roche who was Radovid allied and patriot but now he is nilfgardian dog and traitor, but question is was he ever been patriot or he just wanted to rule no matter under whose banner

Roche.. Say it isnt so...

Attachments

• ezgif.com-optimize.gif
    ezgif.com-optimize.gif
    163.1 KB · Views: 150
Radovid would eat Foltest for breakfast. Radovid is cunning and ruthless to the extent that not even Emyhr and Phillipa can stand against him, unless ooc Geralt and his plot armour get involved. Foltest and the other kings were pawns for a corrupt and secret society. Radovid ends that tyranny, not only in Redania, but everywhere else too. And in beautiful style.

nope he wouldnt... Foltest was much bigger threat to Nilfgaard than Radovid, which was the main reason why they ordered his assassination. and btw, Radovid even if he ended up with controling North, he would have minimal chance to keep it anyway... North is way too divided, to stay under one ruler... it would instantly desintegrate after Nilfgaard threat is gone anyway... I dont get that notion of thinking about Radovid as some military genius, more like a backstabbing bastard (and not just vs Kaedwen, lets not forget the civil war he stared in Temeria in W1)... he was not.. he only betrayed Kaedwen, but that does not make him a military genius. plus, every military genius can be mastered... just look how Menno Coehorn ended... killed by Zoltan and his boys while trying to surrender... during battle of Brenna...

Top Bottom