How to use Alchemy from mediation?

+

i completed several levels still dont know. how to prepare potion form ingredients, pls anyboby explain alchemy & potion thing clearly.

Sorry my bad wrong game! I was talking about TW1.

First you need to meditate, and pick alchemy. You will need to have ingredients, and the formulae for potions to be able to create one.

Last edited:
pls explain briefly for example: if i want to make "CAT" potion, what should i take?
sorry what is RED Point? i am totally new to this site

Last edited:
pls explain briefly for example: if i want to make "CAT" potion, what should i take?
sorry what is RED Point? i am totally new to this site

You will need to have the Formula for the Cat potion. I believe that when you start the game, you already have it. Afterwards you will need to gather the needed ingredients. You can get ingredients by killing monsters and looting their corpses, or by herbalism. There are also lot's of crates containing ingredients. When you have all the ingredients and the formula, you can click on the Formula in the Alchemy Tab during meditation, and the potion will be created, if you decide so.

Red points are somewhat of a "thank you" system.

how to combine,
there is no "combine" option or "button" as u told.
again wht is monster parts?
i mailed this same question to "media@cdprojektred.com" but there is no reply

Last edited:
Monsters drop monster parts, that you can loot. Herbs can also be found in the environment, or in crates. Once you have enough Herbs and Monster Parts, you can create potions. You will have to Meditate, click on Alchemy, and afterwards click on the formula for the potion that you wish to create. This action will automatically place the ingredients where they should be, and you will have to press Enter to create the potion.

i already seen this video before, but still dont get it.
videos is XBOX, i am playing PC.
how to know which herbs contains fulgar,
how to know which herbs contains vitrol?
i am picking so many herbs with different names, but there are not coming in alchemy formula in mediation mode.
i have attached a pic to this post. in this pic, i post one question, pls answer it.
View attachment 4691

Attachments

• Alchemy Formulae1.jpg
    Alchemy Formulae1.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
The potion folmula you have selected is for the potion "Rook", as you can see on the top left of your screen. You can choose to create other potions by clicking on other formulae.

For Rook, only three substances are necessary, you can see what these ingredients are by the little round Icon with the sign in the middle (x, < , >). That is why the other two positions are empty. For more complicated potions these slots will fill up automatically.

To create the potion, you have to click on the create button underneath.

You can also change the ingredients used to create the potion, by replacing them with another ingredient that contains the same substance. For example if you do not want to use your "Diamond Dust" you can replace it with another ingredient, by clicking on the circle with the "x" symbol on the top right of your screen, and see what other alternatives you have.

Maybe alchemy ingredients that are found throughout the world, (Herbalism, Monster Parts, Containers) contain alchemy substances. If you open your Inventory you can see what substances, each ingredient contains.

Last edited:
still dont get it, why cant u post a pic how ur doing potions.
pls pls post a pic like me.
i am asking while other two positions are empty, why create button came so early, without filling two holes( i mean ingredients)?
and also tell how many ingredients are required for "ROOK" potion: 5 or 3?
i want ingredients of vitrol potion, where can i get it?
how can i change the ingredients, i cant able to move ingredients?

Last edited:
The slots are empty because that potion only needs three ingredients.

Ganesh - try following this video starting at 7 minutes, it talks you through it. And yes, this is the PC version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQIhC4TMQrU
If you click on the recipe at the left of the screen, it will try to tell you what ingredients to use,
I think you need to experiment a bit in the game. Go out and pick more flowers, then try meditating and creating potions again. It's a little difficult for anyone to explain all of these details through the forum.

Top Bottom