x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The General Videogame Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally got Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.

Two hours in and I'm really iffy about it. The combat seems fun (I chose rogue) and I'm eager to get deeper into it, but everything else about the game is... extremely subpar from what I've grown used to. I don't mean to bash it too much, but right now I'm not really seeing anything else about it that's appealing. It's been annoying to handle the menus, setting quests, recognizing progression in them, having interesting quests, dialogues, choices, cool terrain to explore, inventory management, and more stuff that I'll just hold back on to not come off as too disgruntled. Do the other departments of the game get better, or is it just staying for the combat (and cool outfits, from what I can tell) and suffering the rest?

Comment

• Originally posted by EliHarel View Post
      Do the other departments of the game get better, or is it just staying for the combat (and cool outfits, from what I can tell) and suffering the rest?
      Little of column A, little of column B. It takes a long time to see a slight rise in quality, but playing the game is also like beating your head against a brick wall. Eventually you develop a weird kind of Stockholm syndrome with the wall and it becomes weirdly charming for reasons that don't make a whole lot of sense, hence the game having its die-hard fans.

Outside of potentially brain damage-related love goggles, however, the game is pretty universally subpar compared to most games.

Comment

• Originally posted by EliHarel View Post
        staying for the combat (and cool outfits, from what I can tell) and suffering the rest?
        Pretty much, haha. I just got it on its GOG release and love it. Those armor outfits are as good as Saints Row 2 used and the combat/character progression is just awesome I heard the game was similar to Monster Hunter, basically my favorite game ever, which turns out to be an accurate comparison. But outside of fighting, there is not much to do. The "Open World" genre tag on GOG is just weird, and calling it a living world in its description is silly. Anything involving that menu is absolute garbage. Even the map is hardly fit for Loredo's latrine.

The expansion area, Bitterblack, is more of a traditional dungeon crawler. Unfortunately, I am still low level so my adventure was cut short when I met a nasty cockatrice and the group was turned to stone. Fighting two chimera in an arena was awesome though. I did come across a dragon or wyrm in the main game and that ended about as well as the cockatrice.

Comment

• Has anyone gotten the Rise of the Necromancer pack for Diablo III on PS4?

Comment

• Don't get Dead Cells. It's very ... addicting.

Comment

• Send help.

Comment

• My general thoughts: We need a witcher MMO based 100+ yr before geralt of rivia when the witcher where in there prime

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoggweed View Post
                  My general thoughts: We need a witcher MMO based 100+ yr before geralt of rivia when the witcher where in there prime
                  No. We don't.

Comment

• I wonder when CDPR announce their other AAA RPG as they stated they want to release another RPG besides cyberpunk in the next 6 years

Comment

Working...
                    X