The General Videogame Thread

+
Gilrond-i-Virdan;n9559951 said:
I suppose you saw that already?

IMHO that can explain what happened with the Linux version of TW3.

Old news and besides the source is not very trustworthy, since the reviews on the website can be added by anyone, there is no verification process. Of course, you can't say that nothing of it is true, since the crunches happened with every Witcher game so far, but also you can't say how much truth exactly is in those reviews, because of their dubious nature. All in all, none of it should be taken at face value.

Just downloaded Last Of Us and started playing. However, still too early to say anything about the game, but it looks kinda promising.

Decided to try out "Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee" because GOG, and also because I liked the sound of a platformer with puzzles.

Got stuck after less than 30 minutes, but had a lot of fun regardless. Giving it a few days before continuing to get further. I enjoy having to think and experiment to get past problematic points. :D

Last edited:
RidiculousName;n9576721 said:
Decided to try out "Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee" because GOG, and also because I liked the sound of a platformer with puzzles.

Got stuck after less than 30 minutes, but had a lot of fun regardless. Giving it a few days before continuing to get further. I enjoy having to think and experiment to get past problematic points. :D

That's such a great game! Some of the time-based puzzles (especially those including beasts) can be very unforgiving, but overall the game is excellent!

I recently bought Overfall on GOG sale, and it's surprisingly fun RPG-ish tactical combat / random generated map game with a lot of original encounters. Apparently Chris Avellone participated in the project.

Last edited:
Just finished Last Of Us. What a game! I liked the story and characters quite a lot, it was very emotional.

Gameplay was somehow... How can I say it? 80% of the time I seemed to be hiding, sneaking, or dying. And then dying some more. 20% of the time I was either terrified or panicked. Stil, I couldn't stop playing. Usually I get frustrated pretty fast if I keep dying all the time, but it didn't seem to matter in this game. At least not that much.

Still have few vacation days left, so hopefully I'll have enough time to finish that DLC too :)

DLC also finished. That was a quick one. Managed to do it in one night, even though I was doing 10 other things at the same time.

Not sure if I enjoyed this as much as I did with the main game. Story wise it was nice, but gameplay was a bit boring/annoying here and there.

Those game/play sessions at the mall with my friend weren't my favorites at all. However, it was really fun to watch clickers and bad guys fighting against each other, while I was sitting at the safe spot myself :D If the baddies didn't wake up those sleeping clickers, just throw one bottle into their direction and enjoy the show. FUN!

Managed to find some stats too:

Total playing time: 21:30 hours
I died 51 times. (It definitely felt more than that)

So, my next survival horror game: Until Dawn.

I'm not a huge fan of this "movie game" mechanism, but choices are interesting and the mood is definitely creepy. It's really hard to decide what could be the best thing to do, and quick time events with limited action time are making that even more challenging. If I jump, do I die? If I don't jump, does someone else die? Or do I still die myself at some point?

No saves to reload, only option is to continue with the story and see what happens next. I think I'm going to play this at least one more time after this tour. If not even more. Apparently you can save everyone, or no one, and I would like to see how different choices are affecting things. So far I have managed to get one person killed. One review also said, that sometimes it's better to let the quick time event fail or ignore some options. That seems to be true, since I think I just wasted my only bullet way too early. Maybe?

Camera angles are a bit wonky for my taste, but I can live with that. This game has few flaws gameplay wise, yes, but the creepy mood seems to make up for that :D Can't wait to see what happens in the end!

Uncharted Lost Legacy: Visually it sure has some very very impressive places to visit and it does justice to the whole Uncharted-series!!! I also like that the developers focus a bit more on puzzles and treasure hunting this time. The action on the other hand is usually very typical and there is not much that hasn't been done before in the series. Not surprising, since there isn't much that Naughty Dog hasn't done yet :D

Both female protagonists are interesting and easily make up for the slightly generic bad guy. Overall, it's a pretty good action adventure game with very decent writing. Not as good as Uncharted 2-4 but fans of the latest Tomb Raider games and the Uncharted series will definitely enjoy this one, I think. However it makes sense to have played Uncharted 4 at least, if not the whole series.

Anyone else tried out QWOP? Such a simple game... in theory. All you have to do is get the character to run 100 metres. Or more like move forward 100 metres...

Extremely hard to master, and equally addicting!

RidiculousName;n9720691 said:
Anyone else tried out QWOP? Such a simple game... in theory. All you have to do is get the character to run 100 metres. Or more like move forward 100 metres...

Extremely hard to master, and equally addicting!

I never had the patience to finish that game... I even have the version for my mobile (I got it in a bundle). I think my best was like 5 or 10 meters :D

Vattier;n9724711 said:
I never had the patience to finish that game... I even have the version for my mobile (I got it in a bundle). I think my best was like 5 or 10 meters :D

That's not bad at all. :D

I've beaten the game several times - but also gotten "scores" in the negatives. :p

Top Bottom