The General Videogame Thread

+
The Bard's Tale is over. Such an excellent game; I'm actually a bit sad I finished it. I'm definitely going to miss the Bard...
:sad:
Bard finished.png.jpg

Last edited:
Gilrond-i-Virdan;n9774191 said:
Did you try different endings?

I kinda screwed up when I finished my Bard game some time ago. I accidentally clicked the wrong option and got the ending, where...
my Bard lived happily ever after. Sadly, the ending wasn't so happy for everyone else :D I then reloaded my game and tried that second option. However, the following battle was a bit too much for my nerves, so I just decided that it's enough for me if my Bard is happy :D Maybe I'll try to kill that She Devil in my next game.

Gilrond-i-Virdan;n9775961 said:
There is also
"the Bard" ending (third option).

Really? How did I miss that third one... Well, that's a good reason for a third playthrough :D

Sunsibar;n9775971 said:
Really? How did I miss that third one... Well, that's a good reason for a third playthrough :D

If I remember correctly, in the very end you need to choose between Caleigh, Finnoach and "Out of Here". If you have a save close to that choice, try all of them ;)

I'm kind of afraid to try different endings tbh, because I feel I got the best one. I really don't want to get one where
something bad happens to the Bard.

I don't know if any of the endings is like that (and I don't want to find out through spoilers either), but I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.
The narrator would surely enjoy something like that...

Gilrond-i-Virdan;n9777031 said:
RidiculousName : don't worry. Try all of them - they are worth watching. Especially Caleigh ending.

That's the one I'm the least likely to pick... especially after picking the Fionnaoch one. :p
Besides, I really didn't like Caleigh even before choosing the ending. She got really annoying at some point in the story...
I've never been a fan of damsels in distress, in addition to which she really, really overuses the term "my love". In fact, when Fionnaoch claimed she was behind all the evil, I had an easy time believing him; it only made sense considering how overly "loving" and suggestive Caleigh was acting. No better way to get a man like the Bard (as much as I like him, he does have his flaws) to do her bidding.

I found it hilarious that her spirit or whatever that yellow image of her is
was perfectly happy to provide healing during the final battle against Caleigh-turned-monster

Last edited:
I haven't been playing much lately, still slowly going through The White March part 2. Next in line are Divinity OS and Tyranny, but I'm usually a little tired and don't feel like playing an engaging cRPG late at night. Does anybody else get that too?

I recently played the Stranger Things mobile game and I have to say, for a free (and mobile) game it's surprisingly good. It's essentially a Zelda: A Link to the Past clone with multiple characters and the charm of old school games: a solid combination of action, puzzles and exploration. If it were longer, and had more variability and higher difficulty I'd totally buy a desktop/computer version.

Edit: In fact this would be an awesome multiplayer game, similar to Hammerwatch but with emphasis on mystery, puzzles and survival.

Last edited:
Well, AC:Origins certainly is a positive surprise. The multi-region open world design based on character level (instead of level scaling) and focus on the quality of side quests and the game becoming more of an action RPG seem to indicate that The Witcher 3 had a major impact on the game's development. There are other, smaller similarities as well, like how your horse/camel appears behind you when you whistle etc.

The game very much has me hooked now and it's definitely one of the better games of the year.

Also got Wolfenstein 2 from a Black Friday sale. Haven't touched it yet though.

Bought a few new games from GOG's sale: Myst, its sequel Riven and the first Assassin's Creed.

Only tried Myst so far, and even though I've no idea what I'm (supposed to be) doing I'm liking the air of mystery. :D

RidiculousName;n9884591 said:
Only tried Myst so far, and even though I've no idea what I'm (supposed to be) doing I'm liking the air of mystery.
Fun isn't it? Myst and Riven are lovely games, with some enjoyable puzzles. It's been rather a while since I played either of them, but I still remember many of the activities.

Riven-Twain;n9884871 said:
Fun isn't it?

Quite so. I like puzzles and riddles. :D

I actually found a clue soon after posting that message - now I just need to find the place where I can use it. I've already found it once, but have no idea where it was located...

RidiculousName;n9884921 said:
I actually found a clue soon after posting that message - now I just need to find the place where I can use it. I've already found it once, but have no idea where it was located...
Where are you? Still on Myst Island?

Top Bottom