Deus Ex: Mankind Divided [PS4/Xbox One/PC]

+
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided [PS4/Xbox One/PC]

The cat is out of the bag, my friends. Our dear Russian friends revealed [or leaked if you will] the game Square was teasing for days now with their #CantKillProgress campaign on Twitch and Twitter. Apparently we can expect a Gameinformer cover soon as well.

Translation courtesy of Google Translate

Square Enix has announced the continuation of the famous cyberpunk series Deus Ex. The new part was subtitled Mankind Divided, it will tell us about how the future society was divided into castes augmented and ordinary people. In the middle of the action will be our old friend Adam Jensen - the protagonist of the game.

As in Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the events unfold in different parts of the world. For example, in Prague, Czech Republic, Jensen will have to sort things out with Victor Marchenko - an officer in the so-called Coalition of Human augmented (Augmented Rights Coalition).

The choice offers two styles of play: "quiet" passage and open battle. Artificial intelligence of enemies became better than Deus Ex: Human Revolution , play, respectively, will be more difficult. Enemies travel in groups and if suspected something was wrong, summoned colleagues together to explore the dark corners. No more single dummy.

In an open battle Jensen also have hard times: opponents bypass with flank attack of the entire group. Also at your disposal will go more useful implants. Now, Adam can not only see enemies through walls, but also scan them for electronics and ammunition. Hacker will allow the implant to hack turrets and computers at a distance (as in the Watch Dogs ).

Do you remember the blade in the hands of Jensen? In Mankind Divided is a lethal weapon will receive an alternative type of attack - Adam learned to shoot a crossbow as a blade. Fans of "noisy" passing too will be satisfied: Jensen blinds enemies smokescreen and with the help of X-ray vision shoots them from an automatic rifle.

For protection from enemy fire can be briefly activated nano-shield and then bullets will bounce off the chest of Adam. In general, mechanical augmentations of Human Revolution remained untouched, but the amount of improvement has increased markedly.

The plot of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided remains a mystery. Developers do not plan to migrate from a previous save of the series - solutions Human Revolution players will not have consequences, and none of the four endings Human Revolution will not canonical.

For this reason, we have to say goodbye to some of their favorite characters, including and ( spoiler! ) pilot Farid Malik. In one of the missions of Deus Ex: Human Revolution Farida plane was shot down on approach to the landing. Life charming pilot was in the hands of players: could repulse enemy offensive and save Malik or throw it to die at the crash site. In Deus Ex: Mankind Divided on the job we will deliver new pilot - Elias check.

Developers do not plan to transfer stored from the previous part of the series - solutions Human Revolution players will not have consequences, and none of the four endings Human Revolution is not canonical.

The developers promise that additional work will have an impact on the gameplay. For example, if Adam decides to cross the road bandits in the beginning of the game, then later one of the crime bosses can considerably spoil the blood of the main character, set on a group of bandits in the next story mission.

Game development studio is engaged in Eidos Montreal. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided be released on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Release date will be announced later.

Some screenies

Looks like a combination of bullshots, concept art, mock-ups and some dark, photoshop magic.

Glad to see that Jensen is back. If Michael McCann is back, it's even better. Not glad to see that the previous choices made in DE:HR will be ignored. Here's hoping that this time they did not outsource the boss fights, heh.

Discuss away!

Set in 2029, two years after the events of Human Revolution, Adam Jensen returns and joins forces with an Interpol-funded task force aiming to hunt down and capture augmented terrorists in a world that now hates and fears transhumans. Jensen has a new suite of augmentations that allow him to cleverly navigate stealth, combat, and social interactions, but how Jensen chooses to solve every problem is entirely up to you.

At the end of Human Revolution, the Illuminati caused every transhuman to go into a fight-or-flight response and attack anyone near them. In the next issue of Game Informer, you can find out how this event caused humanity to hate and fear those with augmentations. We spent two days in Eidos-Montreal's studio, talking with the team and learning about how they build a realistic future.

We go in depth on some of Jensen's new augmentations that help improve the stealth and combat systems, such as the ability to remote hack electronic objects, fire off his nano blade from a distance, and surround himself with a nearly indestructible nanoshield. We also got some great examples on how the game will be as open ended as ever, allowing players to carve their own path through the world. You can only get these details in the latest issue of Game Informer.

But here is the most important part, fellas.

Eidos-Montreal knew its game wasn’t perfect, and has worked to improve the series' combat systems and boss encounters for the latest entry in the series – Mankind Divided.

Mmmmm, good. Will be keeping an eye on this.

@Kinley I may or may not be full of shit. You know what I'm talking about.

I totally expect this will turn out to be yet another sequel they will dumb down and make it a linear shooter. Also doesn't look very cyberpunky, more like Crysis.

I totally expect this will turn out to be yet another sequel they will dumb down and make it a linear shooter. Also doesn't look very cyberpunky, more like Crysis.
That's what people thought about HR and it surprised a lot of people. Also seems to have what I'd expect out of a lot of cyberpunk visually. Hope to see a real in-game (Hopefully not bullshot) trailer soon

Last edited:
That's what people thought about HR and it surprised a lot of people. Also seems to have what I'd expect out of a lot of cyberpunk visually. Hope to see a real in-game (Hopefully not bullshot) trailer soon

We are most likely just getting a CGI teaser right now, and some proper gameplay at E3

Wasn't a huge fan of Deus Ex. It felt lacking in the story and gameplay department.
I'll probably pick this game up though because I love me some CYBERPUNK.

Man what great news!

Human Revolution was an amazing game, one of the few games I one hundred percent-ed on the 360, not being seen, never killing etc. Loved it.

Glad to see Jensen making a return, looking forward to the trailer, never really went full open gun combat in HR, the screen with all the debris flying does look pretty, might have to let loose in this one!

Top Bottom