Horizon Zero Dawn

+
Managed to play again today, way too many hours :p

Bought that good ropecaster (it truly helped!), also upgraded several other weapons to shadow versions, managed to kill group of three medium size corrupted machines (yay!) and had a wonderful time with the game :) Finally realized what I can sell, so that my pockets aren't full all the time. And it also happened that I ran out of ridgewood! I actually had to BUY some :D :D :D

Bought the Shadow War Bow too, but didn't test it yet. In-game hints told me that it's corrupted arrows might do interesting things to machines.Can't wait to test it out!

Only one machine today made me scream MOM... (Spoilers ? ahead)

Note to self, always check the quest levels before barging in :D Also, I'm sure that my enemy was bigger than this one on the (not mine) video...

Last edited:
More of my adventures. Managed to clear all Cauldrons. Good point is, that there is none left :p I didn't like those places that much...
Cauldrontrophy.jpg

Testing photo mode with a logo. I definitely need to test that more. There seemed to be lots of options to tweak the picture. And camera rotation options were quite good.
(Fast traveling can be dangerous. You never know where you are going to land... Burn the witches! Wait, that was wrong game...)
Notski.jpg

And just another random screenshot from a pretty place in the game.
Lampi.jpg

Last edited:
I was just toying around with Horizon photo mode. This is awesome! I only wish that we could have had this option in Witcher games...

In all pictures Aloy is standing in the same place. I can make her disappear and/or move the camera quite freely. All kinds of interesting filters and frames. Me likes :)

Horizon Zero Dawn™_20170403201400.jpgHorizon Zero Dawn™_20170403201104.jpgHorizon Zero Dawn™_20170403200436.jpgHorizon Zero Dawn™_20170403195916.jpgHorizon Zero Dawn™_20170403195318.jpg

Ahhh couldn't agree more with you Sunsibar, The Witcher 3 needs this feature! I like the fact that you could control the time of the day, add filters, add logos, and even do it during cutscenes.

Just re-imagine Vesemir's death scene with monochrome filters and a little touch of vignette. Lol.

DinkzOfRivia;n8308500 said:
you could control the time of the day... and even do it during cutscenes.

Changing the time of the day is definitely perfect option,if only we could change the weather too... (Yeah, I'm greedy now)
I still have to test that photo mode during cutscenes!

I'm just doing my Shadow Freeze Rattler tutorial and taking more screens in the same place where you took few pictures :D

Horizon Zero Dawn™_20170403215059.jpg
Horizon Zero Dawn™_20170403215206.jpg
Horizon Zero Dawn™_20170403220624.jpg

EmperorZorn;n8312630 said:
Sunsibar

I can't wait to pick up Horizon after I'm done with Mass Effect, it seems like a great game !

When you get your hands on that game, please share the experience with us :p Hopefully you are going to enjoy it as mush as I do. This game is awesome!

Speaking of the game... I think I'm going to spend the rest of my day with that! 56% or so completed so far, so there are still lots of things to do.

Yeah..those are awesome shots.
I never really played around with the photo editor

I need to jump back in and try and finish up everything.
looks like your doing good!

TheShift;n8329740 said:
I need to jump back in and try and finish up everything.
looks like your doing good!

70 hours played, lvl 43. At the moment I'm hunting for those collectibles and doing some side quests at the same time. End of the story is getting closer, but I don't want to finish it yet :D Luckily there are still things to do. I haven't even revealed whole map yet.

I think I'm aiming for platinum trophy with this if there aren't any insane trophies to get.

Last edited:
That's great!

I think platnium is well within reach. I don't remember seeing a trophy that I thought ..."oh man..that's gona be rough!"

I think I may jump back in this weekend and try to finish up some stuff.
Psn released a free game yesterday Drawn to Death.. oh man is it fun..for a free game 8)

TheShift;n8330180 said:
I think platnium is well within reach. I don't remember seeing a trophy that I thought ..."oh man..that's gona be rough!"

Have you already done those Hunting Ground missions?

I completed those first three lvl 8 trials today, but I'm a bit afraid of those next ones :D I HATE shell walkers and they are on the list of "trials to do". I could guess that one trophy comes when you complete all trials. Haven't checked that though. Hopefully I'm wrong... :D

I talked to all the trainers? in each place to open them up on the map.. but no, i havent tried any of them

and i do believe all trials have to be done in a certain rank too? or time? ..could be the hardest trophy to get :p

TheShift;n8333040 said:
i do believe all trials have to be done in a certain rank too? or time?

Yeah, there is a time limit (so far what I have seen). It's quite tight if you want to get the best rewards, so that can indeed be the most challenging part to do. Still working on it :p

I'm currently collecting stuff. Only one eye, two flowers and two figurines left!

Edit: I tried to do those easier ones at the beginning, but it's much easier now later in the game when I have all the best weapons I can buy.

Last edited:
Yeah...I need to get back there..

mass effect is a huge let down and the story just has not kept my intrest .. I think I'm done with it..

Back as Aloy 8)

TheShift;n8337740 said:
Yeah...I need to get back there..

Have fun when you do so! I was just doing hunting trials and I had to quit for today before I break my controller and throw my PS4 out of the window :D

Three first hunting grounds were easy. Okay, I "cheated" a bit and checked You Tube for easy tips, because I didn't want to experiment 200 times how to master the trials (my gaming time is limited). Two missions in fourth one were easy, but oh boy, that Tie Down challenge... There has to be some way to complete it without several heart attacks and broken controllers. I'm going to find it, but not today :D

Most annoying part is, that I have already collected so many trophies, that I would really like to platinum this game. And yes, these trials with best prizes are needed for that...

Few more screens from the road:

Roach jousi.jpg
Maailman katolla blue.jpg
Liuku paras.jpg
Mörkötalo.jpg
And last but not least... Witcher 3 had some nice little details, and so did this game. While traveling around the world, this tiny detail made me smile. There were leaf cutter ants walking up and down the tree.

Murkut.jpg

Just finished the game 100%. It took 94 hours to complete everything, since I wasn't hurrying :) Amazing experience! I'm so tempted to start over again, but maybe I should complete few other games first before doing that.

Here are my opinions and thoughts (trying to keep it short):
Map size seemed to be nice. It was still comfortable to explore even without always using fast travel options, but there were enough amazing places and different kinds of regions. Random surprising small events happened while traveling around, but sadly those didn't have any effect to your game, no matter if you succeeded or not. Or ignored it completely. Some randomly found small quests would have been nice. Even if the world didn't have that much "extra" content, I still enjoyed it very much. Landscapes were beautiful and I needed to collect some curatives or other ingredients anyways, so it gave me enough things to do while traveling. I also liked the way how climbing, jumping from pole to pole etc was made. Even if it was sort of big part of this game, it never felt annoying. You could get yourself killed if you fell down, but you didn't have to be super careful. Hardest part was to find the climbing spot.

I think that there was a nice amount of enemies for me. Mostly you could also choose what to do with them. Fight? Sneak past them? Run/ride through. Make them fight against each other and just sit back and relax? Lure them to your traps? Kill them with their own weapons? Everything sort of works, so just pick whatever suits you best. I learned pretty fast that I'm not going to get far with just aggressively waving my spear and screaming. I needed to think first and use the environment for either killing enemies and/or to protect myself. Without thinking first, you (or at least I) ended up dead pretty quickly. And I played this with easy difficulty. PS: I hate all enemies that can fly.

Character development felt rewarding and I liked it. I also liked the combat much after I got the hang of it, but those heavy spear attacks were always s bit clumsy to use. Too often I was attacking to wrong direction when trying to hit quicker enemies. Bow was definitely my all time favorite and you could handle that pretty nicely in different kinds of situations. I'm pretty sure that I wasn't able to fully use Aloy's movement options, so more experiments with that next in next game. Also, see the quote below.

I enjoyed the story and side quests. There was nice amount of both and the content was good and interesting enough for me. But like EliHarel said in here, it would have been nice to have...
...more meaningful choices to make. One thing I love in the genre is finding myself in that "fuuuuck, dunno what to decide!" moment, and I don't think I had that... at all? in Horizon. I did like the skill tree though, for the most part. It could've used more stuff (how about dual stealth takedowns, for example?), but still, every time you got a new talent, it felt meaningful. It didn't strike me as having a lot of fluff. To me, fun progress in games is when I can do something I previously couldn't, not just do it better a la TW3's minor percentage increases. Horizon has the latter too, but it also has mechanical character development that is quite noticeable in combat, whether it's rolling farther away for the big monsters, nocking two or even three arrows (that's really fun), slowing down time, takedowns and more. Even when a talent is just a higher number of something you already have, it's usually a high enough number to be satisfying.

Only one really annoying part in this game was that one hunting trial mentioned in my above post. Luckily it's not needed to complete a game, but since I wanted to get all trophies, I had to do it. Once again, I really hate everything that flies!

Hmm... There's still probably much more things to discuss, but I think this is enough for one post.

M4xw0lf;n8350140 said:
Give me a PC-Version of this alredy.

Is it coming to PC? Some say it's not coming and some say it is. I haven't been following that discussion very closely, so I don't know the truth in there. But it would be nice to see this on PC too. This is definitely worth playing.

Sunsibar;n8350320 said:
Is it coming to PC? Some say it's not coming and some say it is. I haven't been following that discussion very closely, so I don't know the truth in there. But it would be nice to see this on PC too. This is definitely worth playing.

It's most probably not coming to PC.

Top Bottom