Metro Exodus

+
Metro Exodus

Metro Exodus is an epic, story-driven first person shooter from 4A Games that blends deadly combat and stealth with exploration and survival horror in one of the most immersive game worlds ever created.

Flee the shattered ruins of dead Moscow and embark on an epic, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in the greatest Metro adventure yet.

Explore the Russian wilderness in vast, non-linear levels and follow a thrilling story-line inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter.

aka post-apocalyptic Far Cry?

OK just kidding. I love the Metro series and I assume this is simply a new entry, probably a continuation/spin off of Last Light? It'd be interesting to know if it will be on GOG from day 1, and if there will be Linux versions (Steam has them for the other two).

[h=1]Metro Exodus takes the series above-ground for a year-long journey through post-apocalypse Russia:[/h] http://www.pcgamer.com/metro-exodus...-long-journey-through-post-apocalypse-russia/

Yeah, so the game picks up where Metro: Last Light left off with the good ending. Artyom is back and now he needs to join together with a small group of survivors and board a train and escape Moscow. He goes on an epic journey that spans the continent and goes across post-apocalyptic Russia. The whole journey takes about a year and we get to see all the seasons in the year and we get to see that journey and how the time and everything that happens along the way affects the characters and how the characters change.

Can't wait. From the visual standpoint it looks great. The story in the previous 2 games, well, let's say it's not their best feature but we have the source material to thank for that.

OK just kidding. I love the Metro series and I assume this is simply a new entry, probably a continuation/spin off of Last Light? It'd be interesting to know if it will be on GOG from day 1, and if there will be Linux versions (Steam has them for the other two).

Guest 4149880

Metro 2033 and Last Light are on my top 10 games, and can't wait for Exodus. These games are masterpieces and in my opinion have continued to innovate far past Valve and what they left abandoned with Half Life.

Last edited by a moderator:
BeastModeIron;n9755121 said:
Metro 2033 and Last Light are on my top 10 games, and can't wait for Exodus. These games are masterpieces and in my opinion have continued to innovate far past Valve and what they left abandoned with Half Life.

Metro games are influenced by S.T.A.L.K.E.R., not HL. Metro is actually linear S.T.A.L.K.E.R..
And core Metro team are people who created S.T.A.L.K.E.R..
Btw, this new Metro Exodus should be more like S.T.A.L.K.E.R., with bigger levels and less linear.

Guest 4149880

Ancient76;n9756471 said:
Metro games are influenced by S.T.A.L.K.E.R., not HL. Metro is actually linear S.T.A.L.K.E.R..
And core Metro team are people who created S.T.A.L.K.E.R..
Btw, this new Metro Exodus should be more like S.T.A.L.K.E.R., with bigger levels and less linear.

I didn't say anything about Metro being influenced by Half Life, only they have innovated where Valve didn't, in terms of the games similarities in the style of they are. I know they're successors to Stalker but I wasn't making the comparison to them. Again, all these facts are known about Metro and its predecessors, but you didn't understand what I was saying apparently.

Having seen the gameplay from E3 I have to say I'm really hoping this game will be released via gog from day 1. If they can pull it off without too many bugs this will be a masterpiece!

How often does AAA games launch on GOG day 1?

Metro is so underrated for an fps franchise. Each game offers a rich, personal experience unlike other mainstream fps games. I'm sure 4A can make a competent multiplayer that's 1000 times better than BF or COD if they really wanted to. Speaking of underrated, you guys should check out the new DOOM games (Eternal looks fucking amazing, cant wait for that) and the new Wolfenstein games, too.

Here are all trailers and gameplays compiled. It looks great. This is a franchise that needs more word of mouth. Maybe Exodus will be to Metro what Wild Hunt was to The Witcher.

Last edited:
Top Bottom