Movies / TV Shows!

+
Movies / TV Shows!

I didn't see another thread like that before, Anyone can post the tv show / movie they last watched and rate it, Rate it how you wish. Or even review the show / movie, This way we can find in one place what people like to watch and see If It's worth a shot or not.

So... The last TV show I've watched is Breaking Bad. I think it deserves a solid 9/10.
The acting and the characters are absolutely fantastic, The story is focused on walter white an ordinary family guy [Bryan Cranston] and a chemistry teacher who suffers from a middlelife crisis, On top of that he's informed he's dying from cancer. So to pay for his expansive treatments he starts to create and sell Methamphetamine. Though, He have to keep this away from his family.

The main character is not this super-duper-BADASS or a genuis of some sort. As someone who is new to the business of drugs and lying to his family he makes a lot of mistakes and lose balance many times. He's a softie with his family and in the streets he tries to fix his mistakes, Again, Fantastic acting especially by Bryan Cranston.

The sky at night - old bbc program hosted by a living legend, a simple and old fashioned look at atronomy and the heavens above. Shamelessly intellectual and niche, my opiate.

Breaking Bad. It's now on Netflix. I love this show. So good and last weeks episode was so amazing and really everyone should watch it. It's basically about a over qualified Chemistry teacher who is diagnosed with cancer so he starts making the purest methamphetamine with the help of his former student turned drug dealer. It's Byran Cranston's best role and he truly feels likes the character.

Boardwalk Empire. Season 2 just started on HBO. Takes place during the Prohibition era in America and also ofcourse has the big guys like Rothstein, Al Capone and Lucky Luciano. With characets like that and such an amazing cast you know the show is going to be big especially with the formation of the Mafia. And Terence Winter writer for The Sopranos is also on this show. The Sopranos is one of the best dramas ever.

Prison Break! most must have seen at deserved no less than 9.5/10
Currently one of the only good shows to see it Dexter \m/ apart from the ones that I don't know about that is

I just started watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 6 (out of 7). I've never watched the show before, save it for a few episodes here and there, and I can't believe how fun it is even though it's over a decade old now. It's a bit cheesy, but soooo enjoyable. If anyone cares to know, Giles is definitely my favourite character :'D

Justified starring Timothy Olyphant as US Marshall Raylan Givens, set in small-town modern day Tennessee. The character was created by Elmore Leonard and first cropped up in a short story called Fire in The Hole. Raylan is a great character, and not so very different in tone from Geralt, and the stories are generally a cut above the usual bullshit that passes for contemporary crime TV shows

Recently finished watching Game of Thrones and I'm completely in love with it. The anticipation for Season 2 is killing me (I haven't read the books but I plan to start with the first one soon).

Also looking forward to the new Season of Dexter :D

The classic stuff, The Simpsons, Futurama, South Park etc. I think most of you guys already know them :)
I love all of them, Family Guy is pretty crappy now though.

Love love love Breaking Bad. By far, the best drama on TV right now. Sad sad sad this looks like the final season though. I also like Fringe very much and Futurama is my guilty pleasure. But my all time favorite TV show is Firefly! You can't take the sky from me...

Movies: Serenity, of course, the original Star Wars trilogy & LOTR trilogy.

The last movie I saw was Devil the other night. It was alright, but too many stereotypes & plot holes. What's happened to you, M. Night?! I also saw I Love You Phillip Morris recently and laughed my arse off.

Last movie I watched was Captain America, it was ok, nothing brilliant. Not as funny as Thor or the first Ironman movie. But want to see them all before the Avengers come out.

Watched the pilot of Terra Nova today, I liked it. Just remains to see what the other episodes will be like. My favourite show at the moment is Game of Thrones.

Monimonster said:
Last movie I watched was Captain America, it was ok, nothing brilliant. Not as funny as Thor or the first Ironman movie. But want to see them all before the Avengers come out.
Huh, really? I am so not into CA, but I wanted to see it because of Avengers, too. I loved the first Iron Man (the second one was okay, but not as good) and I'm a hopeless Loki fangirl... then this. Ah, I might as well skip it, he's just one character anyway :p

It looks like Breaking Bad won't be over with this season like I thought, Season 5 will be the last one:
http://screenrant.com/breaking-bad-season-5-final-season-mcrid-128095/

I don't understand why people like GOT so much, I found the characters there to be very naive and foolish, I could hardly give a damn about any of them. The world settings are also a huge meh. The books are also progressing very slowly, I fell asleep before something actually happened.

Been watching TV series since forever. Always stumped if confronted by open ended questions since there are literally a hundred series that I could recommend without reservation and the specific order is fluid in the context of my current mood. I'll usually answer with a question or two of my own like what genre, language, format and visual style and what series do you currently like.

Some good ones:

Millennium featuring Lance Henriksen. Dark demonic/cult/serial -crime series by the team behind The X-Files.
Space: Above and Beyond. A Sci-Fi series about a human-alien conflict inspired by the old Combat! WWII series.
American Gothic is stellar horror/crime set in the deep south. Very moody.
Roughnecks: The Starship Troopers Chronicles. Animated adaption of the novel.
The 10th Kingdom is a mini series that walks you in to the ever after part of the fairy-tale and finds trouble brewing.
The Wire and Homicide might be the best crime series ever. Not everyone can handle the deliberate pacing though.

Forum veteran
DerryCooke said:
Justified starring Timothy Olyphant as US Marshall Raylan Givens, set in small-town modern day Tennessee. The character was created by Elmore Leonard and first cropped up in a short story called Fire in The Hole.
Yes. A million times yes. Don't forget the genius of Walton Goggins playing Boyd though, especially in the first season. Words don't exist that can adequately describe the love I have for this show.

As for movies, I recently saw The American, which stars George Clooney. Nothing like what I expected, but it turned out to be really good. Seems like movies have cut back on their soundtracks lately, but the scarcity of music in the background fit the tension of the story pretty well. So long as you don't go in expecting an action movie (it's more of a tense character study of a government agent who longs for a life of normalcy he can't have, though that description hardly does it justice) I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Just watched the first three episodes of the fifth (current) season of The Big Bang Theory. They always cheer me up. :)
Ah yes, the Black Adder anthology rocks!

Breaking Bad, The ending of this season is just so fucking EPIC.

SPOILER:!:!:!:!:!:!:!:!:
I absolutely loved the wheel chair scene, Last chance to look at me hector. That was genuis.

Top Bottom