Welcome Thread [Archive]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Thread

OK, Ladies and Gentlemen. It’s highest time to liven up this board a little bit.First of all, I’d suggest all of us to introduce ourselves here. Some of you are on this board for quite some time, but I think such welcome topic will do us good in getting to know each other. You can also post some photos of yours here - if you wish of course.So, let me start. I’m Daerdin, and I’m a moderator of international part of The Official Witcher Board. It was Dziadu’s crazy idea to put me in such a role, so blame him ;) As maybe some of you know, I’m also the leader of The Witcher Guild at GameSpot. As a private person, I’m a teacher of English in junior high school and of course a big fan of the Witcher. OK, enough of me. Now it’s time for you.Once again welcome to our board and Long Live The Witcher!

Yeah, posts about themselves always help users in being active. Alrighty, so my name's Piotrek or Peter, I'm a Pole, I'm a great fan of Sapkowski's books, fantasy, RPG, literature, music and films, and I'm on the international forum cuz I want to upload my amateur commercial on the Witcher that I made up in my HS studio and show it to people. It's in English.

Hail the Witcher,I´m Cammaris, ordinary member of this forum I´m Czech and I study informatics at University of West Bohemia in Pilsen. Suprisingly I´m fan of the Witcher.

I'm Nick, and I think I'm the token Canadian on this forum. I haven't had the opportunity to read any of Sapkowski's works yet (except a couple of short stories), but I'll be all over them as soon as they're published in English.I'm a huge fan RPGs of all kinds. The Witcher caught my eye a long time ago and I've been following it ever since. I have a lot of faith in what the guys and girls at CDPR are putting together.I'm currently a student at the University of Victoria, studying biology and psychology. Over the summer I'm going to be working on restoring unique native ecosystems in parklands on a series of islands near here.I also love symphonic metal and playing guitar. And yeah, that pretty much me.

Oh, well. I'll go for it :)In the real world, I'm Maja (pronounced as Mya, Maya).Five days a week I'm working as a management assistant in a shipyard.Six days a week I'm a sworn translator of English.Seven days a week I'm a devoted fan of cRPG, a bookworm and, basically, a bit too lazy little creature.The rest is silence :p

Crimson Ice said:
(...)I'm currently a student at the University of Victoria, studying biology and psychology. Over the summer I'm going to be working on restoring unique native ecosystems in parklands on a series of islands near here.(...)
Wow, that's something. What is it that you actually do? Do you plant trees, free animals and such things?

Daerdin said:
Crimson Ice said:
(...)I'm currently a student at the University of Victoria, studying biology and psychology. Over the summer I'm going to be working on restoring unique native ecosystems in parklands on a series of islands near here.(...)
Wow, that's something. What is it that you actually do? Do you plant trees, free animals and such things?
Most of what we do focuses on mapping and removing invasive plant species that like to take over the ecosystems, like English Ivy and Scotch Broom, which were introduced here by settlers. They tend to out-compete native species for important resources like water and sunlight. By controlling the invasive species we protect rare and endangered native plants and animals that are often unique to the ecosystem.The specific type of ecosystem is called Garry Oak meadow. It's a very beautiful ecosystem that is unique to the west coast of North America. It used to be more widespread, but due to human disturbance and fragmentation, only about 5% of the original areas still exist, so it's important to try and preserve what little we have left!Alright, I'm done the ecology lesson for now

Thanks for the answer. It's great to hear that there are still people who care about our planet and do something about it. Keep it going!

Ok, now it my turn I' m sawerius, my real name is Mariusz In free time I'm a leader of fan-site thewitcher.info, but in the real world, I'm a student . Oh, I forgot I am from Poland exactly from Olsztyn

I am Stefan. Not sure but I am probably the token South African on this forum. I just graduated with my bcom degree so at the moment I am in that phase between finishing studying and looking for work.I am a big rpg fan thats why I like the witcher. The rpg genre is the games I play 90% of the time.

Hi, my real name is Lars, I'm from Germany and I love to play RPGs since Gothic I. I also love Spellforce 1 & 2. I'm working nearly 20 years in the field of software development and software architecture.Today I've seen the both movies from the download site and I must say: It rocks! Therefore I'm waiting for The Witcher ...

Hey!! Im Alexandr from Russia I also like RPG's but Ghotic 1 is my favorite.The Witcher series were awsome and the game will be to

Hello all Im new here and just wanted to say Hi Im a Gamer that been playing RPG for a veary long time when rpg where done on pen and paper days dateing myself there a bit .Live in Canada wife and I have a horse breeding farm and we injoy gaming I just found out about this game just a few days ago and look forword in playing it

Wellcome Seeker.Who do you think will win the Stanley? Nice to have here someone from your country.

thank you veary much for the warm greeting Cammarisas to the standey cup beats me I realy dont follow hokey much Im more in to Curling I forgot to add that Im realy form the stated the US but have been living in Canada for almost 10yrs now so yes Im a yank LOL but dont hold that agenst me Im not such a bad guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom