Curse You GOG!

+
Release: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition

Close the gates, open a world of possibilities.

Oblivion, the critically acclaimed open-world RPG that solidified Elder Scrolls as a household name, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 50% launch discount.

The Elder Scrolls are all about freedom, breathtaking locations, engaging exploration, and an abundance of quests to tackle at your own pace. Side with different factions, trust your instincts and adapt your playstyle to the challenges ahead as you explore the near-limitless content packed inside its definitive GOTY edition. Don't worry about getting lost - every corner of this massive world is as fascinating as the next - just ask fortune_p_dawg.

The 50% discount will last until June 6, 1PM UTC.

Plus, don't forget to check out the rest of our Bethesda deals, including Morrowind and Fallout 1 & 2 for -75%.

Want to dip your toes into the game's vast modding scene? Stay tuned for our upcoming Mod Spotlight.

gog.com/news/release_the_elder_scrolls_iv_oblivion

Release: Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition

Your post-apocalyptic playground.

Fallout 3 GOTY, a post-apocalyptic action/RPG of ridiculous scale, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 50% launch discount.

History as we know it got rebooted in 2077. As soon as you step outside Vault 101 and into the Capital Wasteland, you realise this world is overflowing with opportunity as it is with radiation. Who will you be, in this poisoned land? A curious adventurer, a mischievous scavenger, a heroic savior, or a terrible thug? No matter your path, the intuitive V.A.T.S. combat and the ever-present customization will make it a memorable one.

Plus, don't forget to check out the rest of our Bethesda deals, including Morrowind and Fallout 1 & 2 for -75%.

Want to dip your toes into the game's vast modding scene? Stay tuned for our upcoming Mod Spotlight.

gog.com/news/release_fallout_3_game_of_the_year_edition

Release: Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition

Going postal.

Fallout: New Vegas, Obsidian's narrative-heavy jaunt through the post-apocalyptic Mojave Desert, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 50% launch discount.

What could possibly be so interesting about the package you're carrying that people are willing to kill the Courier for it? Well, one way to find out. A cast of eccentric characters, an intense turf war, and a detailed setting radiating personality make this one of the most enjoyable journeys known to future man. Enhanced with huge chunks of extra content and a healthy dollop of polish, it is guaranteed to keep you engaged until the next nuclear strike hits.

gog.com/news/release_fallout_new_vegas_ultimate_edition

Release: Brigador: Up-Armored Edition

Techs mechs.

Brigador: Up-Armored Edition, a neon-painted isometric shooter starring snazzy mechs, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 30% launch discount.

Your contract is simple: infiltrate Solo Nobre, spread mucho mayhem, then get out in one piece - the pilot, vehicle, and gear you'll go with are up to you. Each fully destructible district challenges you in new ways, while the three warring factions will keep getting on your nerves and sights. Yeah, this is going to get pretty messy.

Care for some extra flair? Grab the Deluxe edition for the OST and Artbook or just upgrade later, 40% and 50% off, respectively.

The 30-50% discounts will last until June 20, 1PM UTC.

Note: Currently, Brigador is only available for Windows. The Mac and Linux versions are going to arrive shortly.

gog.com/news/release_brigador_uparmored_edition

Release: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Fantastic Beasts And How to Slay Them.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, the monster-hunting epic that keeps challenging you with dynamic encounters, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 60% launch discount.

Tackling monsters shouldn't be just a roadblock in your epic adventure - it should be the very essence of it. In this massive open-world RPG every fight is its own reward thanks to the dynamic mechanics and deep customization. Train and upgrade your A.I. controlled pawns to fight alongside you or share them online with other adventurers and get rewarded for their exploits.

The 60% discount will last until June 20, 1PM UTC.

gog.com/news/release_dragons_dogma_dark_arisen

Release: Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap

Run boy, run!

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, a lovingly remastered version of the cult classic platformer, is now available DRM-Free on GOG.com.

Curses! Your arch-nemesis, the Meka-Dragon, has transformed you into a shape-shifting monster that keeps hopping between forms from one level to the next. Start as a boy or girl, then turn yourself into the human/animal hybrid that would best handle the challenges ahead.

But that's not all the mix-and-matching you'll be doing: This fully remastered version offers the option to easily switch between the HD and 8-bit graphics or sound on the fly!

gog.com/news/release_wonder_boy_the_dragons_trap

Well got The Dwarves and, finally, Tyranny. I'm looking forward to "Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice". That's enough games for the rest of the year.

volsung;n8895750 said:
Well got The Dwarves and, finally, Tyranny. I'm looking forward to "Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice". That's enough games for the rest of the year.

I just finished Tyranny a couple of weeks ago. It was a little different than what I expected, but I still enjoyed it. A new update just came out today with ng+ and a respec option. The character I started for the other story parts will be scrapped :p

volsung;n8895750 said:
From what I could gather both The Dwarves and Hellblade are more on the medium side of things length-wise, though.

Glaroug.531;n8896110 said:
I just finished Tyranny a couple of weeks ago. It was a little different than what I expected, but I still enjoyed it. A new update just came out today with ng+ and a respec option. The character I started for the other story parts will be scrapped :p
No thanks, I'll pass.

And so should everyone else or at least hold off until it's 95% off or free, like the portrait pack should have been from the start, back in April.

Don't support this lunacy and spend your shillings on something else instead (like the fucking magnificent Brigador or StarCrawlers, for instance). It'll feel so much better taking your coppers to Stellar Jockeys, resp. Juggernaut Games than to greedy old swine Paradox.

Wait, there is payed DLC for Tyranny? Damn that's bullshit.

Played like 30 mins of The Dwarves a few nights ago and it was a lot of fun.

One would think that they'd have learned from the overwhelmingly negative response to the ridiculousness of actually charging money for a bunch of portraits, but I guess Paradox will just carry on applying their nickel-and-dime DLC schemes to every Intellectual Property and franchise they own.

In other news - the next formerly-plagued-with-Denuvo title has found its way to gog.com:

Release: RiME

"But if you tame me, then we shall need each other".

RiME, a beautifully evocative puzzle adventure of a boy and a fox exploring a wondrous island, is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.

You are unsure of what lies ahead and how to approach it. Guided by your instincts and inherent curiosity, you follow this strange fox and start studying the environment for clues, secrets, and hidden interactions. The beauty of the island and its strange inhabitants will eventually reveal themselves to you but when that happens, will you still be that same impressionable boy?

The 10% discount lasts until June 23, 1PM UTC.

In the Press:

"In paring back its design and focusing on only a few key elements, the studio has created an uncommonly beautiful, open-hearted game." - 9/10 EDGE

"I haven't played anything like this since Journey. It is a stunning game to explore and exist in, and the story is going to move a lot of people." - 9/10 God is a Geek

gog.com/news/release_rime

Release: Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak + DLC

Draw your line in the sand.

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak, the bold, ground-based prequel to the space RTS masterpieces, is now available exclusively on GOG.com with a 66% launch discount and GOG Galaxy support for multiplayer, achievements, and cloud saves.

Before taking to the stars in search of their ancestral homeworld, the Kushan had to brave the unforgiving dunes of their adopted planet. Experience the brutal civil war between the clans and the search for a mysterious anomaly which will prove pivotal in shaping their destiny.

Unlock all the factions, dig deeper into the rich backstory and get swept away anew by the game's music with the following DLC: Expedition Guide, Soban Fleet, Khaaneph Fleet, and Soundtrack.

The 66% discount will last until June 29, 4PM UTC.

Don't forget to check out our huge Homeworld series sale which includes the rest of the saga, going for up to -66% for a full week.

gog.com/news/release_homeworld_deserts_of_kharak

Release: Homeworld: Emergence

...but they just can't kill The Beast.

Homeworld: Emergence, a stand-alone expansion to the beloved RTS, is now available exclusively on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.

Previously released under a different name, this campaign is set 15 years after the events of the original Homeworld and chronicles the trials and tribulations of the Kushan as they try to repel an unknown alien threat dubbed the Beast. If you're to neutralize its corruptive influence and save your new home, you must engage in fierce space battles against both the afflicted and the Imperialist Taiidani. Are you ready?

The 10% discount will last until June 29, 4PM UTC.

Don't forget to check out our huge Homeworld series sale which includes the rest of the saga, going for up to -66% for a full week.

NOTE: Homeworld: Emergence was originally released as "Homeworld: Cataclysm". "Cataclysm" is now a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., and the game has been renamed to avoid confusion. Other than the subtitle change, the game is identical to the game released in 2000.

[video=youtube;vo7PVurJi-E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo7PVurJi-E[/video]
gog.com/news/release_homeworld_emergence

Release: Battle Brothers

Bad company, till the day I die.

Battle Brothers, a turn-based tactical RPG with tabletop sensibilities is now available, DRM-Free on GOG.com with a 25% launch discount.

Contracts no one else would go after. Men no one else would travel with. This has your name written all over it. Hire the right people, equip them as your purse allows, and pick your next mission from a map full of perilous opportunities. When the battle finally starts, make sure Lady Luck stands by your side and your moves are as calculated as an ambush on a narrow passage.

Upgrade to the Supporter Edition for the soundtrack, a digital supplement with art, lore, and behind-the-scenes info, plus the legendary item Fangshire.

The 25% discount will last until July 27, 1PM UTC.

[video=youtube;jO-tfPM0xM8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO-tfPM0xM8[/video]
gog.com/news/release_battle_brothers

The only platform I get games from these days, you've got to love the general commitment and pro-consumer attitude.
I hope that it doesn't take another 10 years or so until the big time publishers offer their new titles through gog in a more timely manner relative to the release date.

ScavBot;n9234001 said:
The only platform I get games from these days, you've got to love the general commitment and pro-consumer attitude.
I hope that it doesn't take another 10 years or so until the big time publishers offer their new titles through gog in a more timely manner relative to the release date.
Amen.

Release: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Journey into psychosis.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, a narrative adventure into a shattered mind, is now available, DRM-free, on GOG.com.

From Ninja Theory, the creators of DmC: Devil May Cry, Heavenly Sword, and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, comes the haunting tale of Senua, a celtic warrior struggling with trauma and psychosis. Exploring the challenges of delivering an AAA experience using independent means, the visionary studio is set to deliver a captivating narrative of stunning beauty.

To learn more about Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice see our pre-release review roundup , catch up on Q&As with the devs, and learn more about the unique way Hellblade is being created in these dev diaries.
gog.com/news/release_hellblade_senuas_sacrifice

Release: >observer_

Always watching.

observer_ is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com

In this cyberpunk survival-horror from the team behind Layers of Fear you'll enter the minds of the criminal and the insane, and discover a dark corporate future buried beneath plague and squalor.

Get it now with a 20% discount if you own Layers of Fear on GOG.com – the loyalty discount will last for one week, until August 22, 11AM UTC.

gog.com/news/release_observer

Release: Quake IV

Are you Strogg enough to survive?

Quake IV is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 75% launch discount.

The fourth chapter in the legendary FPS series takes the fight to planet Stroggos, home of galaxy's ugliest cybernetic meanies. When things go sideways you must rely on your big guns, armored vehicles, and fellow marines to survive this desperate mission but nerves of steel might help, too.

Feeling nostalgic or just awfully trigger-happy? Check out our Bethesda shooters sale.

The 75% discount will last until August 29, 2 PM UTC.
gog.com/news/release_quake_iv

Release: Doom 3: BFG Edition

Studying the anatomy of space demons.

Doom 3: BFG Edition is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com, with a 75% launch discount.

Back to reclaim its FPS throne, Doom 3 adds a strong dose of claustrophobic horror into the series' timeless cocktail of explosive action, horrific enemies, and ultra-violent massacre.

The BFG Edition is the game's remastered version, containing DOOM, DOOM II, DOOM 3, and DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, as well as The Lost Mission.

Feeling nostalgic or just awfully trigger-happy? Check out our Bethesda shooters sale.

The 75% discount will last until August 29, 2 PM UTC.
gog.com/news/release_doom_3_bfg_edition

Last edited:
Release: Absolver | Furi FREE with purchase

Combo attack!

Absolver is now available, DRM-free on GOG.com.

Exclusive GOG offer: Buy Absolver and get a FREE copy of Furi added to your account.

If you already own Furi, contact our support team to get a copy which you can gift to a friend.

A tactical fighting game where every duel has its own story, Absolver lets you customize your style and engineer your own flow, building a Combat Deck from a wide range of weapons and attacks to tackle both PVE and PVP challenges.

Punch higher with the Deluxe Edition, which includes a 52-page artbook and the game's soundtrack.

The bonus Furi offer ends on September 12.

NOTE: The game supports crossplay between GOG and Steam players.

gog.com/news/release_absolver_furi_free_with_purchase

Top Bottom