About comics, graphic novels and manga

+
About comics, graphic novels and manga

Title of the thread pretty says everything so I have a few to add.

Starting with cyberpunk....
I have to confess that my Cyberpunk comic books and manga shelf is a bit empty. I can name all those I know, please feel free to refill it, I'll appreciate a lot.

-Blame!
-Biomega (more sci fi to be frank)
-Battle Angel Alita
-Akira
-Appleseed
-Ghost in The Shell
-The Tecnofather (never read it, I don't like Jodorwsky)
- Half of Moebius' work

NOTE: Title of the thread is intentionally "not" Cyberpunk comics and manga. Meaning that I'd like you to mentioned all those comics you think is worthy or need a memorable mention.

Well I will stick with stuff that is Cyberpunkish or I could be here all day

Silent Mobius
Transmetropolitan
Hotwire
Most of the Top Cow Line but milage may vary

(more to come when I get home and start to look at my books)

Hmmm, Transmet is my favorite book of all time period, Appleseed isn't far behind. My other favorites include:

100 Bullets
Scalped
DMZ
Last Days Of American Crime
Xenon: Heavy Metal Warrior
Hex
Car Warriors
Ghost In The Shell
Gunslinger Girl
Adam Warrens Dirty Pair
Battle Royale
Btoom
AD Police
Stryker
Hellhounds: Panzer Corps
Sanctuary
Untamed
The Rovers
Dragon Chiang
Scout and Scout War Shaman
Neon Cyber
Dark Minds
Terminal Drift
Bloody Mary
Just A Pilgrim
The Vertigo Unknown Soldier
Scene Of The Crime
Gotham Central
Kabuki Circle of Blood, Masks Of The Noh, and Scarab (after that the serious just became incomprehensible garbage)
2020 Visions
Heartbreakers
Global Frequency
Smoke

And I will probably come up with more later...

Amazing art and Storytelling is different but realistic and believable.

This comic taught me the importance of drawing realism.

and nice to see you again secondchildren! good to see familiar names here. I need to read the Battle Angel Alita manga you keep recommendin

My favourites are Druuna and Ranxerox. Both are adult orientated, dystopian scifi comics with kick ass quality of drawing too! They are in all realism the first comics ever I could say looked good. Other one that should be mentioned is Mercenary both for kick ass story but also for the fact that every frame/picture is an actual oil painting.

I like Druuna a lot, mainly because it's not manga. Also, because she's got one hell of an ass on her.

I'm a Marvel guy. Yeah, so sue me. Wolverine and Ghost Rider are my guys, although this new mutants story was awesome.

Other than that, I have a set of John Carters on my shelf.

Oh and of course Don Rosa as far as Duckburg goes. :)

My favourites are Druuna and Ranxerox. Both are adult orientated, dystopian scifi comics with kick ass quality of drawing too! They are in all realism the first comics ever I could say looked good. Other one that should be mentioned is Mercenary both for kick ass story but also for the fact that every frame/picture is an actual oil painting.

Good taste! I'll check those out.

Ranxerox kinda reminds me of Batou. I wonder if Shirow got his look from there.

I had lots of comics at one time, but I only kept a few, after I had to sell half of my bookcase (nearly 1000 books...).
My favourites are:
Mouse (part I and II) by Art Spiegelman.
Indian Summer (is a Milo Manara/Hugo Pratt adaptation of the novel by Fenimore Cooper).
Some comics by Azpiri(Spanish writer/illlustrator), definetely adult oriented... :p
And the dearest to my heart:
PERRAMUS, by Breccia (It's an allegory/parody of the Military Dictatorship period in Argentina -1970s-. As Im sure it is not known I'll post a pic. of it.
[/URL]
Translation: "You choose: YES or YES. The same is better than the worst". It is a parody of a hypothetical Election add.

Top Bottom