Happy Anniversary *beep*

+
ChrisStayler;n10223372 said:
Yes. Thinking Cyberpunk 2077 is coming out this year is setting yourself up for disappointment. Think 2019 or max early 2020.
What I really meant was.

If Cyberpunk 2077 comes out by the end of this year then it means that CDPR has spent ONLY 3 years in this game. 3 years working in CP2077 is too little so please CDPR do not rush to release the game this year, wait until 2019 so the game will be more developed. The longer CDPR takes to make Cyberpunk 2077 the better it will be.

cara2100;n10223392 said:
announced in 2012 they made the teaser in 2013 this game is being worked for years

Is it though? CDPR released Witcher DLC called Blood and Wine on May 31 of 2016, and it's a pretty big DLC so perhaps CDPR started FULLY working on CP2077 arond that time? If that's true then CDPR is fully working on CP2077 for less than two years, that's very bad if they plan to release it this year. I hope what you're saying it's true and I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Guest 4149880

Lisbeth_Salander;n10223422 said:
Is it though? CDPR released Witcher DLC called Blood and Wine on May 31 of 2016, and it's a pretty big DLC so perhaps CDPR started FULLY working on CP2077 arond that time? If that's true then CDPR is fully working on CP2077 for less than two years, that's very bad if they plan to release it this year. I hope what you're saying it's true and I'm wrong.

If that's the case then I wouldn't expect the game until 2021 if actual development time started in mid 2016 but somehow I just don't think the game is that far out.

BeastModeIron;n10223492 said:
If that's the case then I wouldn't expect the game until 2021 if actual development time started in mid 2016 but somehow I just don't think the game is that far out.

Some folks at CDPR have been working on the game since 2015 if their linkedin accounts are anything to go by. It shouldn't take them any longer than four years to make, I think their production processes have matured too much to allow that right now.

1. They want to make another RPG by 2021. This plan has been confirmed to still be the case as of recently. I do not know if they will be able to pull it off, but it's the information we have.
2. Cyberpunk 2077 "entering full production" and "Cyberpunk entering production" are two different things. Gwent is a separate entity with its own team, by the way. Just to nip that potential argument in teh bud.
3. They told the Polish government that the game would be done by 2019. Plans change, I know. But this is the information we have.
4. They tweeted "Beep." We've all discussed this to death. Some of us think it means more than others, but the fact is, they did it and it means something - who knows what.
5. They've said they want to follow the Bethesda/FO4 model of releasing, to some degree. Again, plans change... but this is the information we have.

Just important context to keep in mind.

I'm thinking sometime in early 2019, and I'm going to continue thinking that until CDPR themselves give me reason to believe otherwise. We can speculate all day, but as far as I'm concerned, there is zero evidence presented to suggest the game is going to take till 2021 to release, or even 2020. None. We don't know what state the game is in. Sony has *allegedly* (BIG emphasis on allegedly) been given a gameplay demo. A potential marketing campaign could be in the works soon, most of us seem to agree about that.

Do you really think they're going to start a marketing campaign 1 1/2, 2, or even 3 years before the game's release? If so, very well... But I don't.

Guest 4149880

Meccanical;n10223522 said:
Some folks at CDPR have been working on the game since 2015 if their linkedin accounts are anything to go by. It shouldn't take them any longer than four years to make, I think their production processes have matured too much to allow that right now.

Yes and why would CDPR draw more attention to the Cyberpunk twitter page if the game wasn't going to be ready for another 2 years, and a supposed half a year marketing campaign.

Snowflakez;n10218872 said:
Interesting. Nice find. If the source is correct, we could be looking at a late 2018-late 2019 release.

I don't take any of these youtubers info for much, as one group says they have a source that claim the game is farther in development, while others claim their source says the game is barely up and going and still in demo stages. Some or maybe all of them are full of sh*t in my opinion. It wouldn't be the first time youtubes have to had to back peddle and some of their claims because they outright lied for their own personal gain.

Anyways, I personally don't think the game is going to be a late 2019 early 2020 release. Call it a gut feeling but I agree with you that it will be late 2018 early 2019 as well.

BeastModeIron;n10223642 said:
Yes and why would CDPR draw more attention to the Cyberpunk twitter page if the game wasn't going to be ready for another 2 years, and a supposed half a year marketing campaign.

I don't take any of these youtubers info for much, as one group says they have a source that claim the game is farther in development, while others claim their source says the game is barely up and going and still in demo stages. Some or maybe all of them are full of sh*t in my opinion. It wouldn't be the first time youtubes have to had to back peddle and some of their claims because they outright lied for their own personal gain.

Anyways, I personally don't think the game is going to be a late 2019 early 2020 release. Call it a gut feeling but I agree with you that it will be late 2018 early 2019 as well.

Absolutely true. I personally take YongYea's video with a grain of salt for that reason. YouTubers have skin in the game, and they directly benefit from blowing things out of proportion or presenting wild speculation as fact - or subtly injecting their opinion where it doesn't belong.

Guest 4149880

Snowflakez;n10223702 said:
Absolutely true. I personally take YongYea's video with a grain of salt for that reason. YouTubers have skin in the game, and they directly benefit from blowing things out of proportion or presenting wild speculation as fact - or subtly injecting their opinion where it doesn't belong.

Yes, I'm basing my assumtions on official Cyberpunk info or subtle hints or actions from the company and investors.

This might be the signal that we'll soon get more information about the game. Looking forward for this year's E3.

cara2100;n10223392 said:
announced in 2012 they made the teaser in 2013 this game is being worked for years

Some time ago in Nov 2017 they just said that the engine for the game is done. Still got some ways to go. You have to also remember this game in just map size is 4x times bigger than the Witcher maps and dlcs combined. Think Skyrim's lvl of content quests gameplay, or even greater. Plus better quality than Skyrim's stuff. A game this ambitious needs time. Also i'm thinking it will come out for next gen, because this gen won't support what they are doing. Huge massive cities like never seen before with good grafics like CDPR like to do. I doubt this gen can handle it. There have been some sources also (you may believe them or not) saying that Sony already saw a demo for the game. That's pretty normal in the industry to show the game closed doors to people like Sony and Microsoft. I bet they even discuss about it being on the PS5 for example. Cyberpunk 2077 for the PS5 would be a huge system seller. And they are rumors that the PS5 may be out in 2019. Lot of people try to convince themselves why the game should come early. I always say think on more reasons in why it shouldn't. Because more times than not, games take longer to come out than we realize.

Why step into the light and get attention if the game is not in a good development state? Since all these years they kept a low profile.
If the engine and the technologies they need are done I don't think they will need too much time to piece the game together.

Maybe the game will be out for this gen and the next for consoles, or maybe just for the next.
In the end, is the pc version launch strictly connected with the consoles release and can't be done separately?

I do not believe in the launch this year, I still doubt it in 2019 but 2020 is likely, but I still insist they launched a teaser in 2013 on a part of the map even though cgi will exist, and a trailer with the actual graphics may already exist, it's time to show something nostre another cgi before E3, wanted it to be this weekend

If they are not sure whether they will announce the game's release date this year or not then you can bet your ass it's not coming out this year.....November 2019 or May 2020 is my bet.

Edo34;n10226092 said:
If they are not sure whether they will announce the game's release date this year or not then you can bet your ass it's not coming out this year.....November 2019 or May 2020 is my bet.

If I recall correctly, they said in late 2017 that they cannot tell if the game is going to be announced in 2018, not that they do not know. So, it is possible that an announcement this year was already planned, it was just a secret because of the "surprise" marketing strategy.

Raxaphan;n10224922 said:
Why step into the light and get attention if the game is not in a good development state?
To keep tradition. We got our first trailers and screenshots 2 years before TW3's launch. But in all seriousness we don't really know if it will be out in 1 year 2 years more or less. It's all speculation now. I personally just want them to take their time and make the best game possible. But i don't think that's a problem for them. I just hope they learned from last time and are not showing this games years before it's official launch.

Last edited:
ChrisStayler;n10226922 said:
To keep tradition. We got our first trailers and screenshots 2 years before TW3's launch. But in all seriousness we don't really know if it will be out in 1 year 2 years more or less. It's all speculation now. I personally just want them to take their time and make the best game possible. But i don't think that's a problem for them. I just hope they learned from last time and are not showing this games years before it's official launch.

If Sony received a demo from Cyberpunk 2077 then CDPR may be ready to show a gameplay trailer soon, so they gave the demo to sony to make CP2077 graphics true to Playstation 4 and to avoid another downgrade controversy like Witcher 3.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n10227402 said:
they gave the demo to sony to make CP2077 graphics true to Playstation 4 and to avoid another downgrade controversy like Witcher 3.

That is actually quite a good point. They most likely got shaken up from the huge controversy from the Witcher 3, even as beautiful as it looks, it still angered people. I am not affiliated with CDPR, but if my thoughts are correct, they probably don't want another big controversy because then the players will start to joke about "big downgrade incoming" as with most games now.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10223422 said:

As far as I know, CP2077 has been worked on pretty much since 2013, it was a small team at first, and gradually expanded over time. I think there were a lot of people developing the game already in mid-2015, because the Witcher 3 expansions probably needed a smaller team than the base game (they rely on the same engine and many of the same assets, I recall Blood and Wine cost at least 10 times less to make than Wild Hunt. In an interview they said they learned a lot during development, this could have contributed to the more efficient production of the DLC), and were made partly by a new smaller studio in Krakow. So, it is not easy to compare CP2077 to TW3, which also had to be developed at first while the enhanced edition of Witcher 2 (released in the spring of 2012) was still in the works. And the pre-production of the Witcher 3 expansions began already before the main game was released.

It is probably not the most fortunate example to compare with, but Fallout 4 was "fully" developed for only 2.5 years, after the release of the last major Skyrim DLC. Obviously, the quality of the result is not quite ideal, although the game was also made by only about 100 people, which is comparable to the size of the Gwent team.

Last edited:
Top Bottom