Happy Anniversary *beep*

+
sv3672;n10227732 said:
As far as I know, CP2077 has been worked on pretty much since 2013, it was a small team at first, and gradually expanded over time. I think there were a lot of people developing the game already in mid-2015, because the Witcher 3 expansions probably needed a smaller team than the base game (they rely on the same engine and many of the same assets, I recall Blood and Wine cost at least 10 times less to make than Wild Hunt. In an interview they said they learned a lot during development, this could have contributed to the more efficient production of the DLC), and were made partly by a new smaller studio in Krakow. So, it is not easy to compare CP2077 to TW3, which also had to be developed at first while the enhanced edition of Witcher 2 (released in the spring of 2012) was still in the works. And the pre-production of the Witcher 3 expansions began already before the main game was released.

It is probably not the most fortunate example to compare with, but Fallout 4 was "fully" developed for only 2.5 years, after the release of the last major Skyrim DLC. Obviously, the quality of the result is not quite ideal, although the game was also made by only about 100 people, which is comparable to the size of the Gwent team.

These were my thoughts as well. I'm not understanding why people think CDPR started from scratch on the entire project a very short time ago. That's not really how game development works.

to launch a teaser and still at a point that is on the map I think they have been working since 2012 in the game

Snowflakez;n10227972 said:
These were my thoughts as well. I'm not understanding why people think CDPR started from scratch on the entire project a very short time ago. That's not really how game development works.

Exactly! Pre-production planning. Tinkering with the engine and early coding, programming . Even if it's not a huge team still is really helpful for the development of the game. Yes major development you can say started after all the DLCs from TW3 were out. But that doesn't mean they weren't working on Cyberpunk before that.

Last edited:
Snowflakez;n10218872 said:
Interesting. Nice find. If the source is correct, we could be looking at a late 2018-late 2019 release.

This supports my theory that this will be a next gen release. Because I have no other facts to support it haha

On the other hand, he said the demo is for testing on PS4, with CDPR saying that the game aims for photorealism, do you think that PS4 will be able to handle it?

ChrisStayler;n10224702 said:
Some time ago in Nov 2017 they just said that the engine for the game is done.

that's very out of context. they were asked if the engine is done and they answered yes it's up and running, and that it will be further developed. they didn't say they just finished it.

ChrisStayler;n10228342 said:
Ecalcty! Pre-production planning. Tinkering with the engine and early coding, programming . Even if it's not a huge team still is really helpful for the development of the game. Yes major development you can say started after all the DLCs from TW3 were out. But that doesn't mean they weren't working on Cyberpunk before that.

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...ski-about-cyberpunk-witcher-3-and-other-stuff

There was a translated interview way back in 2013 in which they basically confirmed what you are saying now.

lord_blex;n10229442 said:
that's very out of context. they were asked if the engine is done and they answered yes it's up and running, and that it will be further developed. they didn't say they just finished it.

Yes, this is a very important distinction.

Guest 4149880

Snowflakez;n10229552 said:
Yes, this is a very important distinction.

Yes and wasn't is said somewhere not long ago how they hit major development milestones and the game world was far into development? And this was not long after they had talked about the engine had been finished for a while now, but they will always keep improving the engine as they go, that doesn't stop during development.

I'm sure many of you read/watched the explanations of what went wrong with "Andromeda", a big part of that was the engine.
Non tech-savvy execs really don't understand how critical a games engine is. In this CDPR has an edge, the folks on top are developers not paper shuffling suits.

If you have to fight your games engine the work load and frustration level can reach epic proportions.
On the other hand a good engine permits easy concept testing, your developers can perform wonders because they're not stuck with "that's how it works", they can look for optimal "fun" and "game flavor" solutions.

Last edited:
lord_blex;n10229442 said:

Ah that's good to know. So in that interview they said the engine was ready but probably was already ready before that interview was conducted.

Perhaps we are reading too much into this? Perhaps not. Did anyone bother to make the supposition that this was CDPR's way of saying: "Yes, we are still on the job and not to worry?" Just a thought.

kofeiiniturpa;n10203542 said:
:D

All that from a ”beep”. Hah.

One thing’s for sure, though. This marks the start of the most boring phase of waiting the game. Nobody still knows nothing and what little starts to drip from CDPR gets overanalyzed over and over, letter by letter, with each having some big secret engeaved in its form that everybody interprets differently.

Fun to read for a while, but for longer... geesh... I do hope they start throwing something concrete out before that thing really kivks off. :D

BTW: I'm a highly intelligent, creative, wonderful "Bag of Shit", I will have you know.

RLKing1969;n10233002 said:
BTW: I'm a highly intelligent, creative, wonderful "Bag of Shit", I will have you know.

Thanks for letting us know how intelligent you are.

EDIT: I feel like this should be obvious, but in case it isn't, I'm just being prickly. ;)

Last edited:
Snowflakez;n10233352 said:
Thanks for letting us know how intelligent you are.

EDIT: I feel like this should be obvious, but in case it isn't, I'm just being prickly. ;)

I was responding to the "Bag of sh*t" quote. Being a bit sarcastic...

RLKing1969;n10233002 said:

You've reached your last extremity?

[video=youtube;_mB1l-V8yNc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mB1l-V8yNc[/video]

Last edited:
RLKing1969;n10233432 said:
I was responding to the "Bag of sh*t" quote. Being a bit sarcastic...

Gotcha.

kofeiiniturpa;n10233972 said:
You've reached your last extremity?

[video=youtube;_mB1l-V8yNc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mB1l-V8yNc[/video]

I always wondered where that signature came from. That show any good? Friends told me to check it out.

RLKing1969;n10232992 said:
Perhaps we are reading too much into this? Perhaps not. Did anyone bother to make the supposition that this was CDPR's way of saying: "Yes, we are still on the job and not to worry?" Just a thought.

They don't need to *beep* us to tell us that. In countless interviews they have said they are working on it. Also normally what they are working on.

Top Bottom