About Pre-Ordering and Purchasing

+
About Pre-Ordering and Purchasing

Got a few questions about purchasing

What would be the best price guess? I.e $50-$100 what can we expect to be the maximum price.
Can I pre-order now? Pretty sure it's going to be a great game can I give you money this early in development.
Will there be in-app purchases? Not sure if this has been answered already.
When can we expect advertising and possible announcements?

Hard to say beings we don't know what the overall economy will look like when it comes out. All I know is this... I don't CARE what it's gonna cost. I'm gonna get a copy and a machine to play it on. 'Nuff said!

OddSockSR;n10233182 said:
Got a few questions about purchasing

What would be the best price guess? I.e $50-$100 what can we expect to be the maximum price.
Can I pre-order now? Pretty sure it's going to be a great game can I give you money this early in development.
Will there be in-app purchases? Not sure if this has been answered already.
When can we expect advertising and possible announcements?

1. Probably $60, like TW3. I actually can't remember if TW3 was $50 on PC or not... Don't think so. Anyway, maybe a Collector's Edition for $150 or so.

2. No.

3. No. https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/sta...24394541314055

4. Nobody knows. Entering the realm of speculation: My personal thoughts are that we see something at E3 this year (~6 months from now) followed by a full release in early (Q2 or Q2) 2019.

Last edited:
OddSockSR;n10233482 said:
I read that once before and completely forgot about it and I thought Borderlands 3 said "We leave greed to others." guess I'm miss-remembering.
Giving the history of Borderlands' DLC history, it'd be very funny to see gearbox "leaving greed to others".

Anyway, finally got the machine up to snuff for CP2077, will opt for collector's edition, no less. If the game gonna suck, at least it'll work as a present to a friend who's into action-adventures.

Last edited:
everytime i was superhyped about a game and got the limited edition the game turned out to be shit. so i will go vanilla this time to not jinx it.

Snowflakez;n10233262 said:
1. Probably $60, like TW3. I actually can't remember if TW3 was $50 on PC or not... Don't think so. Anyway, maybe a Collector's Edition for $150 or so.

It depends on the region, these were the prices on Steam on Dec 12 2014. It was $60, 60€ and £50 in the USA, Europe and UK, respectively, but with a 10-20% pre-order discount, and further 5-5% discounts for owning the previous games. Since they are often on sale at -85%, for someone who did not already have them, the older games could effectively be bought at a negative price (i.e. buy TW1 for $1.5, get a $3 discount on TW3). If I recall correctly, GOG was also slightly cheaper in some regions.

Last edited:
metalmaniac21;n10235162 said:
Giving the history of Borderlands' DLC history, it'd be very funny to see gearbox "leaving greed to others".

Anyway, finally got the machine up to snuff for CP2077, will opt for collector's edition, no less. If the game gonna suck, at least it'll work as a present to a friend who's into action-adventures.

That's my next goal! Waiting till next month so I can afford a GTX 1080 (hopefully NOT one for $1300), then I'll be set, too.

I'd rather just pre-order it now I know I'm going to get asap so if I order it now I could just forget about until it's ready.

OddSockSR;n10239722 said:
I'd rather just pre-order it now I know I'm going to get asap so if I order it now I could just forget about until it's ready.

You can still forget about it till it's ready. No reason to pre-order, especially if you're getting a digital copy. Unless you want to pre-load it, in which case you just pre-order a couple days before the release date.

It's been a few years since W3, costs and inflation are factors, and CP2077 is (probably) a much larger game so I wouldn't be at all surprised or unhappy if it was 80-90$.

Suhiira;n10240242 said:
It's been a few years since W3, costs and inflation are factors, and CP2077 is (probably) a much larger game so I wouldn't be at all surprised or unhappy if it was 80-90$.

That would be completely unprecedented in the gaming industry thus far. I'm not saying I wouldn't be willing to pay it in CDPR's case, but unless the industry sees a significant shift in its base cost of games, that's probably not gonna happen.

And honestly, I wouldn't want CDPR to pioneer it either. Other companies already make money hand over fist with $60 base costs, and then they tack on microtransactions, collectors editions, gold editions, etc. and it gets even worse. If CDPR does it and we accept it, so will every other publisher. And that's not a future of gaming I'm interested in being a part of. I don't want to fuel the greed machine anymore than I already have in the past.

It's true that companies that don't screw their customers over are hurt more by this than others, but CDPR still manages to do just fine.

Last edited:
If the game were to be as I would hope (which isn't likely) I'd be willing to preorder and pay extra for the standard edition alone (just to support the existence of those kinds of games).

As of now, I'm not sure about preorders... If I can get digital editions of CP2020 and the PnP version of CP2077 (if such is being made), I might consider, but not at any price.

Snowflakez;n10240312 said:
And honestly, I wouldn't want CDPR to pioneer it either. Other companies already make money hand over fist with $60 base costs, and then they tack on microtransactions, collectors editions, gold editions, etc. and it gets even worse. If CDPR does it and we accept it, so will every other publisher. And that's not a future of gaming I'm interested in being a part of. I don't want to fuel the greed machine anymore than I already have in the past.

I would be surprised if the game cost more than $60 and whatever the usual "AAA" prices are in various regions. Collectors' editions and the like may cost more, but not the basic version you can buy on GOG and/or Steam. For CDPR, being consumer friendly and not "greedy" is an important part of their company image. Besides, an expensive game is likely to sell fewer copies, so it evens out within a reasonable price range.

Guest 4149880

Shaugnar;n10245072 said:
Can't wait for checking out what sort of pretty goodies are given with a preOrder !!
:)

Yes or a collectors edition which I never buy unless I'm invested in a game. Which has only ever been one, and a second one if 2077 has one.

I wonder if there will be a time when pre-orders will come without special bonuses and extras.
Pre-ordering should help the consumer in planning his/her expenses until the product's launch, not feel like the company tries to insert its hands inside your wallet.

Raxaphan;n10451322 said:
I wonder if there will be a time when pre-orders will come without special bonuses and extras.
Pre-ordering should help the consumer in planning his/her expenses until the product's launch, not feel like the company tries to insert its hands inside your wallet.

We're far past that point, I'm afraid. Pre-order bonuses are among the least offensive cash grabbing schemes out there. I would gladly take them every day of my life, for the rest of my life, over loot boxes, microtransactions, etc.

I actually hope we CAN pre-order 2077, because I will. I give a company my trust until they break it. I pre-ordered Bethesda's games until Dishonored 2 (I know they didn't make it, but still) came along and ran like sh*t on my system, never to get fixed. Horrible optimization. I stopped pre-ordering EA's games years ago. Stopped pre-ordering Warner Brother's games years ago, too.

But, to me, a pre-order is my way of rewarding companies for doing it right. If they screw it up, that gets taken away for all future titles, no exceptions. Some people just abstain from pre-ordering entirely and that's fine, but I just have a different philosophy on the matter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom