x

You have decided to merge your account with the GOG.com.

You can now start participating in the community discussions.

x

You chose to opt out from the merge process.
Please note that you will not be able to access your account until you opt in.

We strongly encourage you to merge your RED account with the GOG.com one.
If you want to do it later please try logging in again.

• Register

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What platform will you play Cyberpunk 2077 on?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What platform will you play Cyberpunk 2077 on?

Snowflakez made a new thread with a poll and then merged your thread into it. Vote for your choice people, and comment below. But remember ... NO PLATFORM WARS.
    PC
    80.17%
    XBox
    7.76%
    Playstation
    12.07%
    Read the Forum Regulations! This color means I am posting in my capacity as a moderator. Otherwise, feel free to ignore my random musings. Check out The Wild Hunt: A Tale by Master Dandelion & The Forlorn Hope!

Hey, everyone.

Naturally, none of us know how demanding Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be, but I thought I'd get a read on the sorts of systems everybody plans to use to play the game - assuming it doesn't come out 8 years from now, that is...

Personally, I'll be playing on PC. I built it myself a couple years ago.

Video Card: GeForce GTX 970
    CPU: i5 4690K
    Memory: 16GB DDR3 (Screw memory prices)
    Storage: 500GB SSD, Samsung

Only difference between my rig as it stands now and how it'll probably be when 2077 releases is the video card - I plan to upgrade to a 1080 Ti to future-proof it a bit better, but video card prices are through the roof right now so that's not happening till next month.

What about you guys? Are you playing on a PC yourself, an Xbox One, PS4, or the latest-gen versions (PS4 pro and Xbone X)? Do you see yourself making any changes in the next year/year and a half?

Also, why do you prefer the system you're playing on?

Comment

Not a pc player just playstation so I will play it on PS4 or maybe PS4 pro or PS5 or PS5 pro or....but yeah I will be prepared when the game releases.

By the way you forgot a poll! Such a topic needs a poll and if you don't add it Sard will do it for sure....he loves polls you know.....

Comment

I voted for playstation, although I may end up on PC depending on a number of factors.
        Read the Forum Regulations! This color means I am posting in my capacity as a moderator. Otherwise, feel free to ignore my random musings. Check out The Wild Hunt: A Tale by Master Dandelion & The Forlorn Hope!

Comment

if the game launches until 2020 I will play on my gtx 980 amp

After setting up a PC with the latest and most powerful nvidia card at the same time I did at the time I set up mine, the next PC I want to run all games in 4K
          Last edited by cara2100; 14-01-18, 00:40.

Comment

Simple ... I don't, have no plans to ever, own any sort of console.
            I don't do "Action" games and so far every worthwhile RPG and "real" wargame has come out on PC.
            "When you talk you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen you may learn something new." - Dalai Lama

Comment

Originally posted by Suhiira View Post
              Simple ... I don't, have no plans to ever, own any sort of console.
              I don't do "Action" games and so far every worthwhile RPG and "real" wargame has come out on PC.
              Very true. What are your specs? Anything you feel you'll tweak or change by 2019/2020?

Originally posted by Rawls View Post
              Snowflakez made a new thread with a poll and then merged your thread into it. Vote for your choice people, and comment below. But remember ... NO PLATFORM WARS.
              Thanks! I didn't know we could make polls.

Comment

Might need to upgrade my GTX 970, we'll see.
                "When you talk you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen you may learn something new." - Dalai Lama

Comment

PC for sure, here. This will likely be the demanding type of game where I'll wait until about a month before release an upgrade my GPUs.

Comment

Originally posted by Suhiira View Post
                    Might need to upgrade my GTX 970, we'll see.
                    This is my issue with my notebook. It carries a GTX 960m which was solid in 2015 ... but I worry as time marches on. I don't see myself buying a new one anytime soon. Hence ... probably Playstation.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrback16 View Post
                      PC for sure, here. This will likely be the demanding type of game where I'll wait until about a month before release an upgrade my GPUs.
                      Good move! I'm upgrading sooner so I can play a few other demanding games coming out this year, but I may do so again if another generation of video cards launches around/slightly before 2077's release.

Comment

PC, I got out of the console rat race.

Comment

The latest PlayStation console at the time of Cyberpunks release, plus those unique exclusives you just can get anywhere else. Best platform for hardcore RPG's in my opinion.

Most people here will probably opt out of any multiplayer Cyberpunk has, but if the game does indeed have MP, I'd much rather experience it on console rather then PC with its widespread cheating player base. SO good luck PC players.
                          Last edited by BeastModeIron; 14-01-18, 06:07.

Comment

Originally posted by BeastModeIron View Post
                            The latest PlayStation console at the time of Cyberpunks release, plus those unique exclusives you just can get anywhere else.

Most people here will probably opt out of any multiplayer Cyberpunk has, but if the game does indeed have MP, I'd much rather experience it on console rather then PC with its widespread cheating player base.
                            Frankly, I encountered more cheaters during my time with consoles than I have PC - not looking to spark a console war, just giving my experiences. Granted, that was back in CoD and Halo for the 360, so times may very well have changed - also, I don't play many multiplayer games now. Certainly, access to cheats is much more widespread on PCs, as your 12 year old hackers just have to go to Google to get their fix. Lag switches and other more complex tools related to console cheating require a bit more effort, and sometimes *gasp* money!

I am a bit curious if the PS4 Pro will be the "de facto" PlayStation 5 in the next couple years. Maybe Sony/Microsoft will treat it like a new console generation? Or maybe we will actually see a PS5... tough to say.

Anyway, if CP2077 has a multiplayer component, I'd expect it to be optional in that you can ignore it completely, but also being able to avoid random players if you want. Maybe just have your friends, sort of like a closed/private session? All depends on how it's implemented.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflakez View Post

Frankly, I encountered more cheaters during my time with consoles than I have PC - not looking to spark a console war, just giving my experiences. Granted, that was back in CoD and Halo for the 360, so times may very well have changed - also, I don't play many multiplayer games now. Certainly, access to cheats is much more widespread on PCs, as your 12 year old hackers just have to go to Google to get their fix. Lag switches and other more complex tools related to console cheating require a bit more effort, and sometimes *gasp* money!

I am a bit curious if the PS4 Pro will be the "de facto" PlayStation 5 in the next couple years. Maybe Sony/Microsoft will treat it like a new console generation? Or maybe we will actually see a PS5... tough to say.

Anyway, if CP2077 has a multiplayer component, I'd expect it to be optional in that you can ignore it completely, but also being able to avoid random players if you want. Maybe just have your friends, sort of like a closed/private session? All depends on how it's implemented.
                              Yes last gen consoles were hack city, 360 especially, but new consoles I've experienced so far, no such things on ps4 at least. A lot (not all) of consoles games have a data check during log into the games MP now so bans occur easily for those who attempt to cheat. But currently PC online gaming is awful, hackers are unavoidable playing online.

While I don't PC game, I do hope Cyberpunk is made for the latest hardware only to be as close to PC as possible, rather then the game being under developed to fit old console hardware. I'd say if the Ps5 is out before 2077, it would be on that, otherwise I expect current hardware.

Comment

Working...
                              X