Platform Discussion Thread

+

Which API do you think CP 2077 will use?

• Total voters

Guest 4149880

The latest PlayStation console at the time of Cyberpunks release, plus those unique exclusives you just can get anywhere else. Best platform for hardcore RPG's in my opinion.

Most people here will probably opt out of any multiplayer Cyberpunk has, but if the game does indeed have MP, I'd much rather experience it on console rather then PC with its widespread cheating player base. SO good luck PC players.

Last edited by a moderator:
BeastModeIron;n10240012 said:
The latest PlayStation console at the time of Cyberpunks release, plus those unique exclusives you just can get anywhere else.

Most people here will probably opt out of any multiplayer Cyberpunk has, but if the game does indeed have MP, I'd much rather experience it on console rather then PC with its widespread cheating player base.

Frankly, I encountered more cheaters during my time with consoles than I have PC - not looking to spark a console war, just giving my experiences. Granted, that was back in CoD and Halo for the 360, so times may very well have changed - also, I don't play many multiplayer games now. Certainly, access to cheats is much more widespread on PCs, as your 12 year old hackers just have to go to Google to get their fix. Lag switches and other more complex tools related to console cheating require a bit more effort, and sometimes *gasp* money!

I am a bit curious if the PS4 Pro will be the "de facto" PlayStation 5 in the next couple years. Maybe Sony/Microsoft will treat it like a new console generation? Or maybe we will actually see a PS5... tough to say.

Anyway, if CP2077 has a multiplayer component, I'd expect it to be optional in that you can ignore it completely, but also being able to avoid random players if you want. Maybe just have your friends, sort of like a closed/private session? All depends on how it's implemented.

Guest 4149880

Snowflakez;n10240022 said:
Frankly, I encountered more cheaters during my time with consoles than I have PC - not looking to spark a console war, just giving my experiences. Granted, that was back in CoD and Halo for the 360, so times may very well have changed - also, I don't play many multiplayer games now. Certainly, access to cheats is much more widespread on PCs, as your 12 year old hackers just have to go to Google to get their fix. Lag switches and other more complex tools related to console cheating require a bit more effort, and sometimes *gasp* money!

I am a bit curious if the PS4 Pro will be the "de facto" PlayStation 5 in the next couple years. Maybe Sony/Microsoft will treat it like a new console generation? Or maybe we will actually see a PS5... tough to say.

Anyway, if CP2077 has a multiplayer component, I'd expect it to be optional in that you can ignore it completely, but also being able to avoid random players if you want. Maybe just have your friends, sort of like a closed/private session? All depends on how it's implemented.

Yes last gen consoles were hack city, 360 especially, but new consoles I've experienced so far, no such things on ps4 at least. A lot (not all) of consoles games have a data check during log into the games MP now so bans occur easily for those who attempt to cheat. But currently PC online gaming is awful, hackers are unavoidable playing online.

While I don't PC game, I do hope Cyberpunk is made for the latest hardware only to be as close to PC as possible, rather then the game being under developed to fit old console hardware. I'd say if the Ps5 is out before 2077, it would be on that, otherwise I expect current hardware.

<Watches with interest to see if his beloved Ratlings can have a Platform discussion -without- Platform Wars.>

I'm broke at the moment so unless I can pay for a high end PC rig, I will be playing it on Playstation. Unemployment is a bitch :(

Rawls;n10239782 said:
This is my issue with my notebook. It carries a GTX 960m which was solid in 2015 ... but I worry as time marches on. I don't see myself buying a new one anytime soon. Hence ... probably Playstation.
Why I have a full PC not a notebook.
I VERY intentionally bought one with a lifetime warranty from a local chain that's been in business for years (cost a bit up front but WELL worth it).
By buying it originally with all top-of-the-line components they can't replace them with "merely average" ones because of the loss of functionality, has to be "as good or better" to fulfill the warranty.

Since I've had it due to a voltage regulator malfunction (basically a power surge that acted as if it had been hit by lightning) and a motherboard going out between older parts (again I intentionally got top-of-the-line components knowing they'd be in short supply a few years after their introduction) no longer readily available and doing some upgrades to better parts when they needed to be replaced I've gone from a 3.2gig quad core to a 3.4gig quad/virtual eight core, from a GTX 580 to a GTX 970, from a 1TB hard drive to a 4TB, and from a 128gig SSD to a 256. Out of pocket it's cost me almost nothing (paid $75 when the GTX580 fried to upgrade it to the GTX970 vice merely replacing the 580 for instance) since the day I bought it and I still have basically a new close to top-of-the-line PC.
I see no reason to ever need to buy a new PC, I'll just keep replacing/upgrading parts as the opportunity presents itself.

Video Card: GeForce GTX 760
CPU: i5-2500K
Memory: 8GB DDR3
Storage: 1TB HDD

I hope I will be able to play the game on low settings. This pc is a gift from a dear friend.
I can't afford to upgrade it. The only way to upgrade is only when my friend upgrade's his and gives me his replaced components.
If neither option is possible, I will be watching the game on twitch.

If I end up having the game, it'll be on PC. I've no interest in consoles.

I've a i7-6700K, GTX1070 and 16GB of 3.2Ghz DDR4. That'll be my rig for years to come and it's already overkill for the games I tend to play What it can't run I will not play (that kind of game isn't likely to be of my taste anyway).

I will run it on my potato dev machine :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790k 4GHz
MB: Asus Z97-A
GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 8GB AMP! Extreme Edition
RAM: Kingston HyperX 32GB 1600MHz
HD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
HD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB

Last edited:
PC, not sure about the configuration by the time the game is released, it may still be a long wait until then.

such a hard question to answer..i have an xbox one original so on that if it comes out in the next 1-2 years. unless the ps5 comes out before that ill play it on that.

ZioYuri78;n10241602 said:
I will run it on my potato dev machine :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790k 4GHz
MB: Asus Z97-A
GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 8GB AMP! Extreme Edition
RAM: Kingston HyperX 32GB 1600MHz
HD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
HD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB

Impressive! When'd you get your hands on that 1080? I assume before the price explosion lately?

Snowflakez;n10245552 said:
Impressive! When'd you get your hands on that 1080? I assume before the price explosion lately?

Got it recently on Amazon, they sold a bunch of it for ~630€, not cheap but also not extremely expensive compared to other brands.

PC. Of course. I want the full experience. 60 fps and quick loading times.

RX 480 8 GB GDDR5
i7-4790K
16 GB DDR3
850 EVO 120 GB

Although I own both Xbox and Playstation.

Definitely PC. I may have to upgrade my 980Ti to run the game smoothly on my 1440p monitor. The Witcher 3 runs fine but I have noticed a slight FPS drop when I switched from a 1080p monitor to 1440p. I imagine this game will be much more demanding than the last Witcher and is gonna need a beefier graphics card. I have a PS4 but I don't ever see myself playing a non-ps4 exclusive on it.

Doesn't really matter....Whatever is somewhat affordable when it comes out. The only thing that matters to me is A.) That I can buy the game. and B.) That I can enjoy it. 'Nuff said.

PC, since I don't own consoles, but even I did, I'm not gonna waste cyberpunk on them without mods and being able to tweak graphics and performance to my preference.

Unfortunately, I got a 2500k with a gtx970, and a normal SATA SSD, It's worse than I'd like but it should be enough for high settings at 40fps or more I'm hoping, 1080p minimum.

If I get the chance of buying a new GPU at non ridiculous prices and I can sell my 970 that'd be great.

Geralt_of_bsas;n10262682 said:
PC, since I don't own consoles, but even I did, I'm not gonna waste cyberpunk on them without mods and being able to tweak graphics and performance to my preference.

Unfortunately, I got a 2500k with a gtx970, and a normal SATA SSD, It's worse than I'd like but it should be enough for high settings at 40fps or more I'm hoping, 1080p minimum.

If I get the chance of buying a new GPU at non ridiculous prices and I can sell my 970 that'd be great.

I'm with you! Sitting on a 970 right now, too.

The good news? Crypto prices are plummeting and miners might be looking to dump their cards soon.

Top Bottom