E3 2018 and Beyond- What I think will happen

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,if we take the room with the guns into consideration I think the "LT" stands for lieutenant and "RPG" for rocket propelled grenade.That's how they keep the coders motivated I guess.
Sardukhar;n9981281 said:
There are two cafeterias. One is vegan/vegetarian, one is not. I laughed and mocked them when I found out you had to buy lunch.
Doesn't seem that odd to me,the paying for lunch part at least.It's the same where I work (and I'm not in Poland).

Last edited:
BeastModeIron;n9981271 said:
Is this official artwork?

I love the design of the pistols. Typical, Glock hasn't changed much in over 50 years, probably custom slide work too eh. Even a 1911 trigger with a Glock frame. I hope to see 2077 allow for custom gun builds with various parts to assemble something entirely unique.

It's not. But the fact that they showed the computer with this wallpaper perhaps implies that CDPR is very flexible with their inspirations, when making the game.

EDIT: in other words they're taking their inspirations from everything they think it's good, which is absolutely great. Great because this means they're valuing more great ideas and not just focusing on the source matterial, which means they're more free to do what they want.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9981431 said:
Holy shit.

1. Rumors bashing CDPR mentions that they only have vegan food.
2. Google Maps actually confirms that it's actually all vegan.
3. Rumors confirmed true.

Notice I said almost Lizzy :D They have eggs,mutton,and turkey on the menu.

Guest 4149880

Lisbeth_Salander;n9981511 said:
It's not. But the fact that they showed the computer with this wallpaper perhaps implies that CDPR is very flexible with their inspirations, when making the game.

I'm assuming that's going to be the case with 2077, as CDPR might just be more flexible and unpredictable with building the video game from the PnP. Whether everyone agrees or not, its probably what it will need to become what is essentially the first biggest Cyberpunk video game in the AAA scene.

I know I shouldn't, but when I improve my own game dev skills (hopefully not more than few years), I really want to work with these guys. Their office is awesome, even if it's filled with tired devs who crunch 24/7 (speculation).

This was a really nice find. It's so nice just to be able to take a little virtual walk through CDPR's HQ, and see the environment everyone works in.

I am a little curious why we saw so few people, though. At first I thought the office was closed...But that can't be, because there was one person in the mo-cap studio, and there was food out in the cafeteria order area.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9981641 said:
RUMORS CONFIRMED FALSE.

Snowflakez;n9981661 said:
I am a little curious why we saw so few people, though. At first I thought the office was closed...But that can't be, because there was one person in the mo-cap studio, and there was food out in the cafeteria order area.
They probably just cleared the area so the person doing the pictures wouldn't be hindered.

Last edited:
Mefris;n9980681 said:
The rooms are fairly small so I don't think they are used for core development.Judging by the chairs and the monitor setup I guess they are for QA or something of that nature.I posted a bigger picture above that shows pretty much the size of the entire room.
My bet would be QA and content verification.

Does this new addition to this part of Night City "fit" with the vibe of this neighborhood in terms of building style and the sorts of activities one would expect to find there? A Combat Zone style of building or encounter/firefight would be totally out of place in the middle of Pacifica.

Having a small group of designers/developers in charge of each area (possibly zone?) of the city means you could have vastly improved consistency within each area instead of everyone just plopping whatever content wherever with no consideration to the overall "vibe" each area in the game is intending to project. This wouldn't be their full-time job, but something each team just oversees.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9978801 said:
This is the wallpaper used in the computer:
LOVE IT!

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9981491 said:
World interactions is litteraly the greatest part of all this. CDPR is trully focusing on making Night City a huge living city.

What do you think that will entail? I'm pretty intrigued by it, too. I know they got a grant from the Polish government to make this huge interactive city, so is it fair to expect something more than just "theres npcs that run away when you do bad stuff"?

Because even the AC developers love to tout their "MASSIVE LIVING BR3@TH1NG WORLDS! INNOVATION! SO BIG!" but that's literally all that happens. Not even an exaggeration. You swing your sword, people run. You bump into people, they fall over. Woohoo. Even GTA has more dynamic citizen interactions than that, and that game is basically a virtual playground.

Off the top of my head, I can recall times in GTA that NPC cops have arrested people who attacked me and others, EMTs arrive on the scene to attempt to rescuscitate someone I killed, and regular streetgoers occasionally pull out handguns and shoot me, or even just fight back when I punch them instead of just running. Even beyond that, NPCs will take out their cellphone to call the cops, or take pictures of your car if its really fancy, all that stuff.

If GTA V can pull off those relatively simplistic interactions, I'm interested to see what CDPR does.

Last edited:
Suhiira;n9981931 said:
Does this new addition to this part of Night City "fit" with the vibe of this neighborhood in terms of building style and the sorts of activities one would expect to find there? A Combat Zone style of building or encounter/firefight would be totally out of place in the middle of Pacifica.
Which is fine because Pacifica and Heywood are in the suburbs where everything is nice,quiet and safe.The Combat Zone is an entirely different thing altogether and a part of Night City proper (and by this I mean the urban area).

Edit:Here's the map from 2020 for reference:

Last edited:

Guest 4149880

Mefris;n9982411 said:
Which is fine because Pacifica and Heywood are in the suburbs where everything is nice,quiet and safe.The Combat Zone is an entirely different thing altogether and a part of Night City proper (and by this I mean the urban area).

Edit:Here's the map from 2020 for reference:

I can certainly see the world being sectioned off into smaller zones with load transitions between. Night City seems far to big to build in game with any real density and detail going full open world. That is massive, maybe equivalent to size of Red Dead Redemption but the entire desert in a sprawling city, no way.

But if you look at Batman Arkham City, and take way Batman's ability to glide and his jet engine on wheels/batmobile, and instead start walking the entire city, yeah its huge and dense. To give some perspective on scale without the abilities to navigate the city quickly, the size really shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
BeastModeIron;n9983471 said:
I can certainly see the world being sectioned off into smaller zones with load transitions between. Night City seems far to big to build in game with any real density and detail going full open world. That is massive, maybe equivalent to size of Red Dead Redemption but the entire desert in a sprawling city, no way.

But if you look at Batman Arkham City, and take way Batman's ability to glide and his jet engine on wheels/batmobile, and instead start walking the entire city, yeah its huge and dense. To give some perspective on scale without the abilities to navigate the city quickly, the size really shows.

Yeah, I can see that too. The question is, how many zones?

Just to recap, TW3 had...

- Skellige Isles
- Novigrad/Velen (only one zone, not sure why it shows as two on the map)
- White Orchard
- Toussaint
- Kaer Morhen
- Sort of Vizima?

So 6 in total, 5 if we don't count DLC - which is fair, since we're talking about 2077's launch state.

It seems like Night City has a lot more "zones" (whether they're official or not).

Also, I completely agree about scale. Night City will probably feel f***ing huge if we just walk around the streets. Even Novigrad felt pretty big at the ground level.

One possibility could be to have the sections shown above be "unofficial" - only in the sense that they aren't official "you load into this zone" type of zones, but rather, places you walk to and see the differences visually, or from a gameplay perspective.

Example:

In that picture, all of that is one zone. But its technically sort of divided up by quests and overall feel.

Maybe Night City could have "north night city", south night city, and so on, and then have individual districts be gameplay/aesthetic differences within, without needing additional loading screens.

Last edited:
Snowflakez;n9983521 said:
It seems like Night City has a lot more "zones" (whether they're official or not).
It has a heck of a lot more.That map is just Central Night City which isn't even a quarter of the entire thing.

sv3672;n9981471 said:
That is what I thought too when first seeing the image, perhaps because UI (user interface) makes more sense.

I saw that door when I was on my recent tour around the studio, but I have problems with recalling exactly what those two letters were. Maybe because I was in the last group, so we were in a bit of a rush to finish the tour before dinner.

I can however confirm that meat was added to the menu.

Mefris;n9984021 said:
It has a heck of a lot more.That map is just Central Night City which isn't even a quarter of the entire thing.

Good lord. I did not know that. Do you happen to have a full map of the city on-hand? From what I read, sounds like it doesn't really exist.

dani168;n9984111 said:
I've found better quality photo of the guns :)
Interesting end eclectic collection.
For some reason I find myself surprised at the ratio of NATO vs WP weaponry. I expected more WP given Polands recent history. But then these are probably replica weapons not real ones and replica WP weaponry may not be all that common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom