Rumours and Speculations

+
Benzenzimmern;n10374542 said:
I even get to play it every day. It's like a dream. And sometimes when I'm bored of playing, I might even work on it!

The game is being played. Sweet jesus.

Benzenzimmern;n10374542 said:
I even get to play it every day. It's like a dream. And sometimes when I'm bored of playing, I might even work on it!

You know, Benz, when I was there, I forgot to ask where you were. For a visit. I was distracted by pretty lights and teasing Erick, Marcin and Vatt. Plus Vinthir. Plus cool stuff. Plus your silly cardio gym For Tiny People.

But next time, I'll see if Marcin can set us a up a date! That'll be GREAT.

Garrison72;n10376632 said:
The game is being played. Sweet jesus.

Woaaaah. Benz teases. TEASES. He's been doing this to us for years. It means nada. It is not a statement from CDPR. It is not a commitment to game state. It is not anything at all other than him being cruel. Viz: "sometimes I even work on it." See? Cruel.

Do Not Take This As Official CDPR Statement. Please.

Last edited:
Suhiira;n10376772 said:
Does your wife know?

Well, she was right there beside me...yes, she, too has seen CDPR HQ. And she was pleasantly interested! Also had to sign an NDA ( about all CDPR related things....Cpunk was buttoned down hard) and she forgot her ID. Who wanders around a foreign country without ID?!

Anyway. Topic.

I SPECULATE we'll see Cyberpunk 2080 iiiiiinnn....a pleasant winter month. And it will involve....robuts.

Sardukhar;n10376822 said:
You know, Benz...
...next time, I'll see if Marcin can set us a up a date! That'll be GREAT.

...Also had to sign an NDA...

...Cyberpunk 2080

I speculate that since you’re such hearty pals with CDPR, you might know something we don’t; and given your flickering personality, you might occasionally slip out something you didn’t intend to.

;)

kofeiiniturpa;n10377022 said:
I speculate that since you’re such hearty pals with CDPR, you might know something we don’t; and given your flickering personality, you might occasionally slip out something you didn’t intend to.

;)

Nope. They tell me little - mostly yelling. I'm terrible!

I have no idea what the sequel will be called, but I bet there will be one!

Sardukhar;n10377152 said:
I have no idea what the sequel will be called, but I bet there will be one!
Cyberpunk 2078.74666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666: Yelling at Sard.

Sardukhar;n10376822 said:
Well, she was right there beside me...yes, she, too has seen CDPR HQ. And she was pleasantly interested! Also had to sign an NDA ( about all CDPR related things....Cpunk was buttoned down hard) and she forgot her ID. Who wanders around a foreign country without ID?!

Anyway. Topic.

I SPECULATE we'll see Cyberpunk 2080 iiiiiinnn....a pleasant winter month. And it will involve....robuts.

Interesting, when they were showing the studio to us during the most recent community meeting, we didn't had to sign any NDA, we were just asked not to take any pictures during the trip, outside of Round of Gwent room (the one that looks like an inside of the inn). But to be fair, the only things related to Cyberpunk they showed to us are now accessible through Google StreetView, so I guess they already planned on making it public soon.

Shavod;n10378342 said:
Interesting, when they were showing the studio to us during the most recent community meeting, we didn't had to sign any NDA, we were just asked not to take any pictures during the trip, outside of Round of Gwent room (the one that looks like an inside of the inn). But to be fair, the only things related to Cyberpunk they showed to us are now accessible through Google StreetView, so I guess they already planned on making it public soon.

Do you know how often/if they do press tours? I'd love to take a look around the studio for myself, even if I can't look at CP2077 stuff. It'd make a fantastic feature for the site I work for.

Anyway, since the old thread went ker-splat, I'll reiterate my predictions as far as a release date goes...
  • Gameplay (either video or playable) behind closed doors at E3 for the press.
  • More gameplay, also at E3, for the general public, show casing a different, simpler part of the game (the press usually get to see the juicier stuff and get to ask questions and such, which has always pissed me off)
  • Release date announced at E3, or very shortly after. Probably announced at E3.
  • Release in Q2 2019. Q1 is possible, Q4 2018 is... hopeful, to say the least, but not completely impossible.
  • DLC Q4 2019?
  • Next game announcement at E3 2020.
  • Probably delayed/nothing more said on it until 2021.
  • Release in 2022, maybe 2023 if it really is their own IP as has been hinted at in the past. Gives 'em roughly 4 years to polish it off, assuming we don't have another 2077 on our hands and they figure out their development pipeline at long last.
I see no world where this next game of theirs launches in 2021. I'm really surprised they haven't pushed the forecast for it back yet. The only possible way I see that even being remotely possible is if 2077 releases Q4 this year, which just seems way too unlikely right now. Otherwise, they will have practically no time to work on it - even Bethesda games, for all of their problems, take a good 4 or 5 years between each title.

Last edited:
Snowflakez;n10379342 said:
I see no world where this next game of theirs launches in 2021. I'm really surprised they haven't pushed the forecast for it back yet. The only possible way I see that even being remotely possible is if 2077 releases Q4 this year, which just seems way too unlikely right now. Otherwise, they will have practically no time to work on it - even Bethesda games, for all of their problems, take a good 4 or 5 years between each title.

I would think one of the reasons why CDPR hire so many new people is to be able to work on more than one game at the same time. Perhaps the other title will be developed mainly by the Krakow studio, which is to be expanded significantly. Although I would not rule out CP2077 in Q4 of 2018 just yet until E3. At least as a best case scenario, with no unforeseen delays (like it happened with Witcher 3, even for a second time in late 2014).

Bethesda games don't have 300+ people working on them to be fair.

Fallout 4 was made with just a little over one hundred people.

Meccanical;n10380052 said:

It was also in full production for only about 2.5 years, after patch and DLC support for Skyrim ended, even though pre-production with a smaller team started soon after the release of Fallout 3.

Meccanical;n10380052 said:
Bethesda games don't have 300+ people working on them to be fair.

I actually didn't know that. Thanks for the information. Sounds like CDPR really is going all in, then.

sv3672;n10379662 said:
I would think one of the reasons why CDPR hire so many new people is to be able to work on more than one game at the same time. Perhaps the other title will be developed mainly by the Krakow studio, which is to be expanded significantly. Although I would not rule out CP2077 in Q4 of 2018 just yet until E3. At least as a best case scenario, with no unforeseen delays (like it happened with Witcher 3, even for a second time in late 2014).

I'm definitely not rooting against a Q4 release date. I'd love that. And with what Meccanical said about Bethesda having basically 1/3 of the team, it does seem a bit more likely.

And yeah, it's possible that their other studio is already in pre-production on this new title. I heard it was going to be CDPR's own Dark Fantasy IP.

Do you know how often/if they do press tours? I'd love to take a look around the studio for myself, even if I can't look at CP2077 stuff. It'd make a fantastic feature for the site I work for.

I'm not working at the studio, so I don't know exactly, but I don't think they make a press tours, aside of the situations when they invite journalists for some exclusive presentation (like with the first gameplay demo for The Witcher 2 and 3) or so they could play the demo before release. Even when arhn, one of the biggest gaming youtubers in Poland, visited them to make the documentary about the first Witcher game development process, he interviewed the developers in one of those small rooms in the first corridor and wasn't allowed to go any further then that.

They tend to make a pretty bold and overly optimistic predictions, like back in 2011 Adam Badowski said that they are planning to release two major RPG games until 2015 (those two obviously being Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk), but they managed to only release The Witcher and announce Cyberpunk, so I suspect that the similar case will be with their new, unannounced game (that at this point I'm sure is being worked on by a smaller team).

Shavod;n10380412 said:
They tend to make a pretty bold and overly optimistic predictions, like back in 2011 Adam Badowski said that they are planning to release two major RPG games until 2015 (those two obviously being Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk), but they managed to only release The Witcher and announce Cyberpunk, so I suspect that the similar case will be with their new, unannounced game (that at this point I'm sure is being worked on by a smaller team).

Oh man, I remember that. You'd think they'd learn by now that stuff never goes according to plan and make targets accordingly.

Ah, well. Here's hoping for a release date this year or early next year. I'll worry about this theoretical next RPG when the time comes and just hope 2077 can tide (pod) me over till then.

This job ad wants a senior design who will work in Cyberpunk 2077 by making:
  • Design, prototype and work with other disciplines to create compelling gameplay loops at both a macro and micro level.
"compelling gameplay loops at both a macro and micro level" what did they mean by this?

Lisbeth_Salander;n10381142 said:
This job ad wants a senior design who will work in Cyberpunk 2077 by making:
  • Design, prototype and work with other disciplines to create compelling gameplay loops at both a macro and micro level.

"compelling gameplay loops at both a macro and micro level" what did they mean by this?

Well, put simply, micro usually means small scale and macro means large scale or "big picture" stuff. So, setting up an AI mechanism for an entire city full of people might be "macro". You might come up with basic stuff like how they react to gunfire or violence. Micro would be individual AI for important NPCs, having them react in a more organic and nuanced way to specific things, for example.

As for gameplay loops, tough to say. In the literal coding definition, it just means having code execute over and over depending on certain triggers. I am not sure what that could mean for actual gameplay, though. Maybe it just means keeping people engaged.

Last edited:
Shavod;n10380412 said:
I'm not working at the studio, so I don't know exactly, but I don't think they make a press tours, aside of the situations when they invite journalists for some exclusive presentation (like with the first gameplay demo for The Witcher 2 and 3) or so they could play the demo before release. Even when arhn, one of the biggest gaming youtubers in Poland, visited them to make the documentary about the first Witcher game development process, he interviewed the developers in one of those small rooms in the first corridor and wasn't
allowed to go any further then that.

Also, you're close friends with Angry Joe?

Top Bottom