Rumours and Speculations

+
May i speculate about character names?

Rivia of Geralt
Triss Merisilver
Jennifer (and she always wears white)

And it all takes place in the far away lands of Airemet.

Snowflakez;n10451602 said:
It did strike me as pretty odd that CDPR would make a commercial in a single language that wasn't Polish or English.

It seems to be more of a commercial for Vodafone, rather than Cyberpunk 2077.

Suhiira;n10454202 said:
And anyone here is surprised?

Well, no more so than at a member of the gaming public using one outlet report as "the gaming press". One or even several incorrect reports do not paint the entire industry as unreliable.

We do love to generalize. Ooh! I just did it there!

Sardukhar;n10454222 said:
Well, no more so than at a member of the gaming public using one outlet report as "the gaming press". One or even several incorrect reports do not paint the entire industry as unreliable.

We do love to generalize. Ooh! I just did it there!

I didn't say it painted the entire industry as unreliable. I just said the gaming press was picking it up and touting it as fact. I'm a member of the press myself. But if I report something, I do my due diligence beforehand. PCGamesN is not known for doing that.

Snowflakez;n10454272 said:
I didn't say it painted the entire industry as unreliable. I just said the gaming press was picking it up and touting it as fact. I'm a member of the press myself..

Reaaaalllllllyyyyy.....<licks chops> Unrelated question, but where would a person go if he wanted to say, read something you wrote? Have I read something you wrote? Did I like it? Are you Ben Kuchera? Walter Kronkite? Barbara Walters? WOLF BLITZER?!

Sardukhar;n10454322 said:
Reaaaalllllllyyyyy.....<licks chops> Unrelated question, but where would a person go if he wanted to say, read something you wrote? Have I read something you wrote? Did I like it? Are you Ben Kuchera? Walter Kronkite? Barbara Walters? WOLF BLITZER?!

I write for a tech site, with some PC gaming overlap here and there. Enough that I could technically get media credentials to go to E3. Technically. But it's not our entire focus like Rock Paper Shotgun or PC Gamer, or even PCGamesN. Most of the stuff I write about would probably bore you to tears.

Everybody makes mistakes, so no judgement, its just PCGN in particular tends to pick up pretty weak stories and spin them into something bigger. I still like a few of their writers, though.

Snowflakez;n10454272 said:
I'm a member of the press myself.
Shavod once said that he was one of Angry Joe's personal friends. Now you say you're member of the press. At least I made it obvious that I was lying when I said the BTK killer was my dad.

Snowflakez;n10454722 said:
It's not something to brag about. I make barely more than the guy who delivers your pizza, if that. I don't have contacts in the gaming industry nor do I get a bunch of free stuff. But you can believe it or not, it's irrelevant to the Madqueen/commercial thing.

Yeah, it's not so uncommon so you might really be one, the question is: are you going to play as one in Cyberpunk 2077? (curious)

Snowflakez;n10454722 said:
It's not something to brag about. I make barely more than the guy who delivers your pizza, if that. I don't have contacts in the gaming industry nor do I get a bunch of free stuff. But you can believe it or not, it's irrelevant to the Madqueen/commercial thing.

Liz believed BTK was Dad. This is a much smaller jump.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10454792 said:
Yeah, it's not so uncommon so you might really be one, the question is: are you going to play as one in Cyberpunk 2077? (curious)

I dunno. That sounds like he'd be making his job, his work. Presuming he. Because why not.

I speculate the Media as a PC will be cut, but that's because it's tough to work into a game that's not focussed on them.

Snowflakez;n10454392 said:
Everybody makes mistakes, so no judgement <clip>
As a former cop I can't help but think of some terms used in courts law for most of what passes for press reporting these days.
Fraudulent.
Hearsay.
Inadmissible evidence.
Libel.
Standard of proof.
Unsubstantiated.

But I'm sure there have to be good reporters out there somewhere ... don't there?

Last edited:
Sardukhar;n10455062 said:
Liz believed BTK was Dad. This is a much smaller jump.

I dunno. That sounds like he'd be making his job, his work. Presuming he. Because why not.

I speculate the Media as a PC will be cut, but that's because it's tough to work into a game that's not focussed on them.

Yeah, I think you're right. Generally speaking, I lean towards characters that are speech-heavy, or generally focused on avoiding violence and conflict when possible. This is less due to being a goody two-shoes, and more out of self-preservation. Because I don't see a world where 2077 isn't combat-heavy (because of CDPR's track record, and the fact that it's a mainstream game, for better or worse), I don't think I'll even have the opportunity to toy around with it.

I'm betting Rockerboy takes its place as the "charismatic" role in the game.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10455192 said:

If any of these are true, it's that Su was a former cop. She knows her stuff.

Snowflakez;n10459332 said:
If any of these are true, it's that Su was a former cop. She knows her stuff.
Not necessarily ... cops and reporters tend to get along almost as "well" as cops and defense lawyers.

Somewhere along the line most of the press forgot there was an "Editorial Section" in most papers and their job mutated from reporting the news to shaping public opinion.

Last edited:
Suhiira;n10460952 said:
Not necessarily ... cops and reporters tend to get along almost as "well" as cops and defense lawyers.

Somewhere along the line most of the press forgot there was an "Editorial Section" in most papers and their job mutated from reporting the news to shaping public opinion.

I'm confused. I was just saying out of all three of the claims Liz quoted, yours is the most credible because of your knowledge of weapons and tactics and ballistics and such. :p

Snowflakez;n10461262 said:
I'm confused. I was just saying out of all three of the claims Liz quoted, yours is the most credible because of your knowledge of weapons and tactics and ballistics and such. :p
Just clarifying that on this particular subject (the reliability of the press) my OPINION is just that.

There may have been around 80-90 people working on Cyberpunk 2077 back in 2013, depending on how much people were working on the engine team:

Total: 210 people
Witcher 3: 100 people
Cyberpunk 2077: 80 or 90???
Engine team: Possibly 20

from 2013:

There are 210 people working at the developer right now split into three groups.

The red team, which is more than 100 people, is dedicated to development on The Witcher 3. The black team, which is smaller than the red team, is dedicated to work on Cyberpunk. And a third "sizable" team spends its time working on the game engine that is being used for both games.

Last edited:
One group at CDPR I don't envy is the art team. Much cyberware (that's not just a jack) needs to be visual on the character models, and in the case of cheap Russian limbs they should be somewhat larger then normal, and this will play havoc with clothing/armor in terms of clipping. But if you go the RealSkin[SUP](TM)[/SUP] route then visually it shouldn't appear at all.

Suhiira;n10483622 said:
One group at CDPR I don't envy is the art team.
For sure. But also for a different reason. The cosmetic bioware making furries' and otherkins' dreams coming true must be an embarrassing routine.

Top Bottom