Rumours and Speculations

+
no, the furry bioware was all a bad dream, just like the fish men and the paper eating nanno bullshit... they won't infect our cyberpunk with furries... right?"

tropit9;n10488102 said:
https://www.pcgamer.com/cd-projekt-r...ffer_pcgamerfb

basically a hype interview, especialy the last part.

Interviewer: On that point, I ask how CD Projekt Red deals with the hype and excitement brough by a single-word, six character-long tweet.

Marcin Iwinski: "It’s a huge responsibility and a lot of pressure," "We know we need to deliver. And we will."

First time CDPR officially and directly adresses the *BEEP* tweet and the hype behind CP2077 at 2018 E3, and Iwinski says they will "deliver it"? Yep, any chance CDPR had of saying "no guys there won't be Cyberpunk 2077 at E3 2018, you got it all wrong" has gone out the window. CP2077 will 100% be at E3.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n10482732 said:
There may have been around 80-90 people working on Cyberpunk 2077 back in 2013, depending on how much people were working on the engine team:

Total: 210 people
Witcher 3: 100 people
Cyberpunk 2077: 80 or 90???
Engine team: Possibly 20

from 2013:

Keep in mind nearly everyone working on CP production eventually was moved to witcher 3 to speed up that dev, But yeah I guess you could say they must've had around 40 or less people for at least one year working on CP, mostly design and concept.

Marcin Iwisnki: "We know we need to deliver. And we will."

Here is the whole article:
https://www.pcgamer.com/cd-projekt-...source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgamerfb

The ending of the interview made me smile:

Interviewer: On that point, I ask how CD Projekt Red deals with the hype and excitement brough by a single-word, six character-long tweet.(he is talking about the *Beep* tweet)

Marcin Iwinski: "It’s a huge responsibility and a lot of pressure," "We know we need to deliver. And we will."

Geralt_of_bsas;n10488382 said:
Keep in mind nearly everyone working on CP production eventually was moved to witcher 3 to speed up that dev, But yeah I guess you could say they must've had around 40 or less people for at least one year working on CP, mostly design and concept.

They moved them to work on The Witcher 3 in 2014 and the preproduction on the Cyberpunk started back in 2012, so I would say that small team worked at least 1,5-2 years on it before that. They also moved a sizable portion of the team to work on Cyberpunk again somewhere around September 2015, so even before wrapping the development for Blood and Wine and moving most of the team to Cyberpunk, they had people working on it for more then half a year before that, so combined that would be an over 2-2,5 years worth of early development, so as a whole CP2077 was worked on for more then four years now (not counting 2014 and 2015 until September, since at that period work on the game stopped to focus on The Witcher).

A nice few minutes read. But I am in the same boat with Kofeiiniturpa.
Now for the Lis side of things "...it’s time for Cyberpunk 2077."

Lisbeth_Salander;n10488142 said:
Interviewer: On that point, I ask how CD Projekt Red deals with the hype and excitement brough by a single-word, six character-long tweet.

First time CDPR officially and directly adresses the *BEEP* tweet and the hype behind CP2077 at 2018 E3, and Iwinski says they will "deliver it"? Yep, any chance CDPR had of saying "no guys there won't be Cyberpunk 2077 at E3 2018, you got it all wrong" has gone out the window. CP2077 will 100% be at E3.

as i said, HYPE TRAIN! CHOO CHOO, CHUMBA!

As somebody who has my feet in both camps (I enjoyed TW3 but I also REALLY enjoy RPGs), I'll likely play the game no matter what. But whether or not I get it on launch, whether or not I pre-order to give them that additional support, whether or not I buy the DLC... All of that depends on how well they nail the RPG systems.

After playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance, I'm realizing it's actually possible to make a satisfying RPG that also has action elements. The Witcher 3 and Skyrim never did it for me, as much as I enjoy those games. I believe CDPR can do it. Time will tell if they actually do.

Geralt_of_bsas;n10488382 said:

I believe it was closer to 80. Not 40.

walkingdarkly;n10490802 said:
I feel sorry for them on this

Don't. PnP players and RPG fans are not their audience. They are a mainstream developer now and they will likely appeal to the mainstream audience.

That said, I'm hoping for some more "hardcore" RPG elements (I say hardcore because that's the term the mainstream audience applies to mechanics that are more complex in nature) catered towards us.

Bwahahaha!

Come on. It'll be a huge hit. They'll make a mint. Whether it appeals to each of our individual needs is a different matter.

But the idea that the people here are some sort of YOU FAILED committee? No. For your buying dollar, sure. Otherwise no.

ALSO. This is still CDPRs digital home.

So, how about some support and sympathy, please.

There are lots of places on the internet you can be all hard core and cynical and bitter about CDPR games or whatever.

This is not one of those places.

You don't have to blindly accept, but courtesy and friendliness and benefit of the doubt still rule here.

Merging with updates thread.

Sardukhar;n10490862 said:
Bwahahaha!

Come on. It'll be a huge hit. They'll make a mint. Whether it appeals to each of our individual needs is a different matter.

But the idea that the people here are some sort of YOU FAILED committee? No. For your buying dollar, sure. Otherwise no.

ALSO. This is still CDPRs digital home.

So, how about some support and sympathy, please.

There are lots of places on the internet you can be all hard core and cynical and bitter about CDPR games or whatever.

This is not one of those places.

You don't have to blindly accept, but courtesy and friendliness and benefit of the doubt still rule here.

Merging with updates thread.

Not sure who you're referring to, but I'm actually very certain the game will be a success. I'm just saying it's not going to target a specific subset of people, for better or worse. I also think the notion that said subset of people have any say in the game's success is ludicrous (the idea, not the people). If you target the mainstream (which is not inherently a bad thing, just not to some of our tastes) you will get mainstream $$$. And good for CDPR. I'd support their games even if I didn't enjoy them because they are one of the few parts of the industry that aren't completely dysfunctional.

Also, whether it's their forums or not, I don't think we shouldn't be allowed to be cynical here. Unless that's a rule I've missed somewhere. I want the game to do well, and I will play it regardless of how specifically it caters to a certain subset of CDPR's audience because they've earned my money, as far as I'm concerned. But I'm not going to pretend all is sunshine and butterflies if I have very real worries about the game. Nor should anybody else. CDPR is a giant company. They are not going to get their feelings hurt because some of us don't think the game is going to be everything we hope.

That said, I totally agree that being courteous and friendly is #1. I think you can express virtually any opinion (so long as it's not some extreme nonsense) politely.

Snowflakez;n10490892 said:
That said, I totally agree that being courteous and friendly is #1. I think you can express virtually any opinion (so long as it's not some extreme nonsense) politely.

Actually, there are a bunch of things you can't say - it's in the Rules. Check my sig. Not even that extreme, either.

As for not being cynical, that wasn't in blue, so it was just my opinion. Although again, by the rules, as soon as moderators think people are being unkind, to each other or CDPR, yeah, we can shut it down.

But that's not what I meant. I meant that the "we'll see! We'll just see!" comments that made up nearly every post after Liz' post of Iwinski saying "We know we need to deliver. And we will" are just disheartening and kind of cold. Based on what? A good to great series of games by a developer that wants to make you happy?

So yeah, my opinion is that those posts tended to the too-cynical and negatively judgemental by a heavy amount.

And I stand by it. CDPR doesn't really need more doubt - not sure what that is going to accomplish. I saw that for W2 and 3 and it didn't do much good there.

Having issues with things in-game is fine, but we don't know what's in game yet. So when the founder says, "we'll deliver", maybe saying, "good luck!" would be appropriate. And polite. And friendly.

As opposed to, "we'll see." or "Time will tell."

Sardukhar;n10491562 said:
But that's not what I meant. I meant that the "we'll see! We'll just see!" comments that made up nearly every post after Liz' post of Iwinski saying "We know we need to deliver. And we will" are just disheartening and kind of cold. Based on what? A good to great series of games by a developer that wants to make you happy?

So yeah, my opinion is that those posts tended to the too-cynical and negatively judgemental by a heavy amount.

And I stand by it. CDPR doesn't really need more doubt - not sure what that is going to accomplish. I saw that for W2 and 3 and it didn't do much good there.

Having issues with things in-game is fine, but we don't know what's in game yet. So when the founder says, "we'll deliver", maybe saying, "good luck!" would be appropriate. And polite. And friendly.

As opposed to, "we'll see." or "Time will tell."

Hey, now I feel like I'm being indirectly reprimanded. :cool:

I think my cynicism is well founded in past experiences and letdowns following projects like this, and I also think CDPR understands that it is not a personal slight at them to get all depressed about, they're big boys and girls. It's more a response to how this industry tends work. I wish I shared your everlasting optimism and followed the company here as much as the product itself, but that's just not me, it's not where I'm at with CDPR.

Anyway, Good Luck To CDPR in delivering with Cyberpunk 2077, said in the most sincere manner as humanly possible. I would not be here with my cynicism if I didn't think there is promise and I really wish to see my pessimism turn unfounded rather than "told you so", so from than angle me bothering to post at all should be considered an encouragement.

I'll find more positive angles when I have something to find them from, I promise. :p

Last edited:
Sardukhar;n10491562 said:

the cyberpunk property and genre are built on a firm foundation in cynicism towards the world and it's future... and you're surprised it's fans share this outlook?

Raxaphan;n10488922 said:
A nice few minutes read. But I am in the same boat with Kofeiiniturpa. Now for the Lis side of things "...it’s time for Cyberpunk 2077."

Come to the "I'm 100% sure CP2077 will be at E3" AKA "Sure" group while you still can.

Last edited:
Top Bottom