Rumours and Speculations

+
atomowyturysta;n10691921 said:
Is really anyone actually waiting for Gwent?

why wouldn't they? with thronebreaker they are essentially making an isometric rpg/adventure game, the only story we will get in the witcher universe (in a game) for a while.

metalmaniac21;n10689851 said:
I don't want to be "that guy" (but not hate it enough to actually not be) but by the time Cyberpunk 2077 actually releases after two devil dozen internal (i.e not announced to the public) delays, it would hard for him just to smile, not even talking about playing a game that's requiring both hands, head and spine brain active to play.

Community manager said that there won't be any GWENT at E3 (but posibly on Gamescom, who knows), if I understand him correctly.
https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comme...ions_from_ama/

but it can also be announecd earlier too! like mid april. also it is possible they will choose to to focus not in thronebraker or cp77, but on the very mysteyious "projekt cork" the yet to be reveald aaa game to be releasd untill 2021 ;)

tropit9;n10692091 said:
the very mysteyious "projekt cork" the yet to be reveald aaa game to be releasd untill 2021

Anybody heard anything about that to indicate what it is?

The most recent thing I've seen that I thought was interesting (and I'd love to hear other people's thoughts on this...) was a recent presentation CDPR made at a convention -

https://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-207...-as-a-surprise

The most interesting thing I found about the Witcher references are that on past CDPR projections for their timelines, they'd obviously mentioned they are working hot and heavy on CP2077, but that they were planning on releasing another major AAA RPG somewhere between 2017-2021 but no one has ever heard them talk about what that is...I personally had always assumed it was a new IP, but at this convention, CDPR's people were directly asked about that other IP and they answered that they only have (2) IPs right now - Cyberpunk & Witcher...so does that mean the other one is another game in the Witcher series (praying for this, please let it be so, lol), or is it something new and CDPR's folks are just being vague and coy about it? Check out the video in the link above starting at 3:46:20 to 3:47:16 ... very interesting response from CDPR there.

Razrback16;n10693201 said:
The most interesting thing I found about the Witcher references are that on past CDPR projections for their timelines, they'd obviously mentioned they are working hot and heavy on CP2077, but that they were planning on releasing another major AAA RPG somewhere between 2017-2021 but no one has ever heard them talk about what that is...I personally had always assumed it was a new IP, but at this convention, CDPR's people were directly asked about that other IP and they answered that they only have (2) IPs right now - Cyberpunk & Witcher...so does that mean the other one is another game in the Witcher series (praying for this, please let it be so, lol), or is it something new and CDPR's folks are just being vague and coy about it?
CDPR has said clearly, and repeatedly, the Witcher series is DONE. They may, possibly, someday, revisit it, but currently there are NO PLANS to do so.

A lot of people (myself included) thought there was a second "secret" IP under development, but it seems this was a mistaken impression.

So right now the only things CPDR is working on is the Gwent "campaign" and CP2077.

Whatever the secret IP is, it would no longer be secret if anything was revealed about it. Thus, I would not read too much into statements about what games are currently being worked on.

Rawls;n10691511 said:
That reddit is actually just quoting a thread here in our GWENT Forum.
Damn, we really should consider expanding this whole "Forum -> Reddit -> Forum" situation into a local meme. Because this pattern shows up far too often to be overlooked.

Suhiira;n10693361 said:
A lot of people (myself included) thought there was a second "secret" IP under development, but it seems this was a mistaken impression.

Ya, that's why, like sv3672 said above, we just can't really know - CDPR's statements are very inconclusive (obviously an intentional thing). They say they have (2) IPs CP & Witcher, but won't tell us anything about this other project they're working on, so who the heck knows for now I suppose.

metalmaniac21;n10695621 said:
Damn, we really should consider expanding this whole "Forum -> Reddit -> Forum" situation into a local meme. Because this pattern shows up far too often to be overlooked.

I am in the CpunkGame Discord. WE ARE EVERYWHERE.

lord_blex;n10692001 said:
why wouldn't they? with thronebreaker they are essentially making an isometric rpg/adventure game, the only story we will get in the witcher universe (in a game) for a while.

I had to look it up. I really need to refresh my Gwent experience, for I haven't played for almost a year. I'm still at "Just a Gwent game, without the need to reinstal W3..." :)

https://youtu.be/KLzqJ6it36c?t=14285

At 3:50, Piotr says something really interesting to me - that of the direct budget allotment to Witcher 3, that allotment was about 10% of the revenue from Witcher 3.

10%. That...is a nice return.

AND, ( since they are talking budget of Cyberpunk), they learned -and say- that although budget is important, it's not the focus. That's quality and sales.

Oh, also they have "over 300" working on Cyberpunk and more coming, possibly up to as many as twice as Witcher 3. "Closer to double than not."

Think that has been mentioned here before, but hey, it's a nice refresher. Cpunk has a big crew and budget, but the President of CDPR says quality and sales remain the most important factors.

"If you spend 5% more and it generates several times that value, then it is the right choice". Paraphrased slightly from Piotr, CFO. Chief Financial Officer.

Oh and when will they show the game? Asked by "Lawrence".

'We don't want to start the campaign about the campaign" of PR.

Nice try, Lawrence!

WHICH ONE OF YOU RATLINGS IS LAWRENCE!?

I admire you quite a lot.

Kicinski on why people work at and stay at CDPR:

"They believe that, I hope they believe that at CDProjekt they are able to create the greatest games in the world. No one will stop them because we, as business persons in the company, we are not valuing Business over Quality(emphasis mine). So we never stop them from quality for any business reason."

"We have to calculate money, of course, but we are not the company which will ever, ever say, "because of fiscal, we have to." Never. We always look at the long term, we always look at the quality because we truly believe in it."

"So I believe that's a great environment for great creators."

Seems pretty passionate...

Last edited:
CDPR is a good egg. Not sure how long that will last, but for right now, I probably have the most faith in them than any other company.

Probably a good business model for games that tend to "grow" on people... Not really, you still gotta generate that sweet-sweet $$$ revenue and has to dumb down (I'm sorry, streamline) to the lowest common denominator a more mass market, which hurts gameplay alot.

It is just good business practice to be willing to invest more in the development if it is predicted the increase in sales will be even greater. This is basically what already happened for example with the switch to an open world design in The Witcher 3, obviously it cost more than the previous approach, but the game sold (and continues to sell) very well so it was worth it.

Point is, initial sales still should generate profit and so, some corners must be cut since your average joe can't handle anything more complex than Fallout 3 at best and so, will get bored really quickly and abandon the game. (a complete load of horseshit, but it's a popular belief among game developers) Gaming press filled with casuals doesn't really help the cause either. (the cause is, MAKE RPGs GREAT AGAIN)

metalmaniac21;n10698761 said:
Gaming press filled with casuals

Nah, they're not casuals, the gaming press is something else entirely new and I can only imagine the kind garbage the various sites will spew when 2077 gets released.

metalmaniac21;n10698761 said:
Point is, initial sales still should generate profit and so, some corners must be cut since your average joe can't handle anything more complex than Fallout 3 at best and so, will get bored really quickly and abandon the game. (a complete load of horseshit, but it's a popular belief among game developers) Gaming press filled with casuals doesn't really help the cause either. (the cause is, MAKE RPGs GREAT AGAIN)

walkingdarkly;n10701531 said:
Nah, they're not casuals, the gaming press is something else entirely new and I can only imagine the kind garbage the various sites will spew when 2077 gets released.

Both of you chill about the 'CASUALS R TEH BADZ" crap and also mass generalizing all the gaming press as shite. That's lazy thinking and pretty rude.

I suspect when 2077 releases the gaming press will, generally, love it. As they did Witcher 3. As we did. Well, those of us who loved Witcher 3 anyway.

Everyone who generalizes is guilty of lazy thinking. Seewutididthere?

But really. Like any press, you have good stuff and shite stuff.

And everyone is a filthy casual somewhere. You Ain't All That Always.

walkingdarkly;n10701531 said:
Oh I'm sure it will be all the usual complaints ...

The females are to attractive (even tho virtually EVERYONE has had cosmetic surgery in CP) and under-dressed (even if most are wearing armored trenchcoats or business clothes there ARE going to be street hookers and such ... no - no - no !!! Every woman must be covered neck to toe !

Insufficient racial diversity ... even tho there ARE ethnic neighborhoods in the Night City map/lore these may not be part of the campaign and they MUST be included ... and isn't it racist to have ethnic neighborhoods in the first place?

To much violence.

Etc.
Etc.
Etc.

P.S.
I am the proud owner, and frequent wearer, of a "Politically Incorrect and PROUD of it" T-Shirt.

Last edited:

Couple of interesting bits from Adam Kicinski and Piotr Nielubowicz at CDPR financial conference:

- character creation and lack of predefined character confirmed

- multiple classes/roles confirmed

- they again made it clear that CP is not going to contain any microtransactions or other stuff like that, you pay for the game once and that's it

- Cyberpunk is very technologically advanced and developed in such a way to be ready to take advantage out of future hardware/generations, but regarding next gen consoles, they can only speculate, since none of them were announced yet

- regarding multiplayer, Adam stated that their first priority is to deliver great single player experience with amazing narrative, but at some point they might deliver some online features. For me it sounds like multiplayer won't be part of the game at release and will be added some time after.

- also he added that as opposed to The Witcher, in Cyberpunk player will be able to move in three dimensions, I'm not sure what exactly he meant by that

Top Bottom