Rumours and Speculations

+
I did note the information may be unreliable, anyway, if Cyberpunk does not release in the next year, at least we still get Metro Exodus, Starfield (rumors only), and other titles that could be interesting.

sv3672;n10844211 said:
I did note the information may be unreliable, anyway, if Cyberpunk does not release in the next year, at least we still get Metro Exodus, Starfield (rumors only), and other titles that could be interesting.

Oh, I didn't mean to detract from what you posted. It's a great find. I'll be interested to see if it's accurate, is all.

And well said. I'm a big Metro fan, and Starfield would be awesome. Hope Bethesda unveils it.

From that list, outside of Cyberpunk, I'm looking forward to new Metro, Splinter Cell (in hopes they will make something noteworthy with it again), The Last Night and maybe Starfield (not a fan of Bethesda games, but I'm still interested in seeing what they would do with a completely new IP). I'm actually somewhat inclined to believe that list, since it seems to have a healthy balance of big hitters, as well as relatively smaller games. Plus having some fairly "embarassing" stuff, like Minecraft and new content for badly received Sea of Thieves, seems like a stample of Microsoft conferences at this point, adding to it's credibility.

I'm not too concerned about "teaser trailer" thing, as I saw some people on reddit already panicking about it, since it may mean literally anything and there are other credible sources confirming that there will be behind the scenes demo for the press, which indicates that we will definitely see some gameplay bits in it.

Sneky;n10843701 said:
Source is anonymous 4chan post, it could be true, or not. He claimed that he has inside info about Microsoft conferency. If its true, he could be right about teaser trailer, but he definitely has no idea about Cyberpunk release date, every other leaked title from him have much more approximate date "Fall 2018" etc... 2019/2020 is just general as you can get.

Original post:

The source is a 4chan user, 4chan a place full of trolls where anyone can post. Oh but /r/cyberpunkgame is totally buying this crap. DO ANY OF YOU SERIOUSLY THINK CDPR WOULD WAIT 5 GODDAM YEARS TO SHOW ANOTHER TEASER? Fake news! Sad!

Lisbeth_Salander;n10844901 said:
The source is a 4chan user, 4chan a place full of trolls where anyone can post. Oh but /r/cyberpunkgame is totally buying this crap. DO ANY OF YOU SERIOUSLY THINK CDPR WOULD WAIT 5 GODDAM YEARS TO SHOW ANOTHER TEASER? Fake news! Sad!

I think the important thing to understand is that it's perfectly possible CDPR shows a teaser and gameplay. Or a gameplay teaser. Teaser could mean anything.

Snowflakez;n10844931 said:
I think the important thing to understand is that it's perfectly possible CDPR shows a teaser and gameplay. Or a gameplay teaser. Teaser could mean anything.

I would rather have silence than another piece of video that doens't represent Cyberpunk 2077's gameplay. Another CGI trailer will disappoint me. You're right, it's possible, but is it likely for CDPR to not show how the game is actually like? I don't think so folks!

I'd have to agree.
Real game footage, even if's pre-composed stills, is preferable to a CGI trailer.
We know what the game is about, and CGI seems to confuse a lot of people because they don't seem to comprehend it's not real game footage so get all upset when a game doesn't look the same.

Yeah. Real gameplay. No CGI. That gives the best, most informative message. Do the CGI bits later as promotional material for the various factions and characters in Night City for narrative purposes.

Agree with you guys - would really like to see some gameplay footage - doesn't have to be anything that gives away any measurable chunk of the story, but just would like to see actual movement scheme, actual combat, actual in-game rendering work by the game engine as the player moves around, etc.

Then later as we're like a month or so from release, they release the cool CGI trailers like the "Killing Monsters" trailer from Witcher 3.

can have a cgi trailer and after they finish the trailer a gameplay I think we would all be happy

Sneky;n10857091 said:
There won't be CGI trailer at E3 2018. They never went to E3 with CGI trailer before.

you may be right but they are investing more in marketing, maybe they will do something bigger this year that they usually do

Perturbator said that in 2013 he and CDPR briefly talked with each other, but CDPR didn't seemed very interessted.

https://twitter.com/the_perturbator/...62558441689088

Six months ago he hinted that he was working on the game, perhaps his albums Uncanny Valley (2016) and Dangerous Days (2014) changed CDPR's mind.

My bet is that Uncanny Valley did the trick, since it's "less retro" and more modern, fitting what CDPR said about wanting CP2077 to not be retro.

Last edited:
Rez01ve;n10862631 said:
What do you think the chances are of seeing a LIVE demo at E3? just like 10 minutes or so of someone actually playing. Thats what I want to see

To me personally, I'm almost 100% sure there'll be Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay at E3 for two simple reasons:

1. It's what everyone wants after 5 years with only one teaser trailer.
2. Marcin Iwinski admired what Bethesda did with Fallout 4, which is showing how the game really is right away via gameplay

Razrback16;n10862721 said:
Saw a couple articles today of note referencing the possibility of imminent marketing / possibly a release this year; just wanted to share with you all -
Rumors ... but ... no sense paying interest on loans if you don't have to ... so ... maybe.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10862671 said:
1. It's what everyone wants after 5 years with only one teaser trailer. 2. Marcin Iwinski admired what Bethesda did with Fallout 4, which is showing how the game really is right away via gameplay
Just because Marcin admired Bugthesda's game reveal and marketing doesn't mean CDPR will go the same road.

Razrback16;n10862721 said:
Saw a couple articles today of note referencing the possibility of imminent marketing / possibly a release this year; just wanted to share with you all -

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/04/...d-the-witcher/

https://gamingbolt.com/cd-projekt-re...-than-expected

sv3672;n10863751 said:
This was actually discussed about 2 weeks ago here, it seems some news sites are picking it up now.

Isn't a 2018 release too soon for a game this big?

Top Bottom