Role specific ending or identic ending for all?

+

• Each role with its own ending

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Same ending for all roles

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

In-game your goal is to depart from your nobody status and reach to be somebody.

Do you like the idea that every role should have the same game ending?
Or, maybe you like that each role should have its own ending influenced by your in-game actions?

Of course the same ending can still take into consideration the actions and choices you have taken.
But, I will like to have my own specific role ending since I am creating my personal story.
I know this is a great task, but I expect nothing less from CP2077.

If you are a cop, you want to get recognized by the community. Climb the hierarchy ladder. Have your own department. Will you be corrupt or a pure cop?
Maybe you are a fixer that wants his own brokerage agency. Or you want to stay in the shadow all the time, but your deeds and success be well known.
Do you climb and want to rule the Corp you work for, or do you want to have your own corporation?
Do you rockers want to open the world's eyes using your own band or be a singer for others?
Does a solo likes to be under someones orders, or is trying to be the Morgan of his time?
Etc.

The ending should be based on your role and reflect your actions taken and choices made throughout the game.

I believe that the ending shouldn't be based on your occupation, but rather, what you choose to do. So not an "identical" ending, exactly, but not one tied to your role. Roles should be important, but they shouldn't dictate how your game ends.

Soldowner;n10451892 said:
I believe that the ending shouldn't be based on your occupation, but rather, what you choose to do.

Agreed, but then... The chosen role (corp, media, solo.....) might affect the achieved ending in meaningful ways even if the specific idea of it would be the same for all. This logic might even include in-game events where certain story specific events might take place in different situations for different roles - i.e. a cop might get a certain conversation in the interrogation room of the police station while a corp might have it in a penthouse elsewhere and a rockerboy in a backstage of a club.

kofeiiniturpa;n10452402 said:
Agreed, but then... The chosen role (corp, media, solo.....) might affect the achieved ending in meaningful ways even if the specific idea of it would be the same for all. This logic might even include in-game events where certain story specific events might take place in different situations for different roles - i.e. a cop might get a certain conversation in the interrogation room of the police station while a corp might have it in a penthouse elsewhere and a rockerboy in a backstage of a club.

That makes sense I think it's more that I don't want to see it lean too strongly in either direction, being either totally based on the role you chose or being exactly identical across playthroughs. They both seem like pretty unsatisfying conclusions when based too heavily on either side of the scale.

So friends, you think of multiple endings like Nier Automata has?
it has a total of 26 endings

Raxaphan;n10451772 said:
If you are a cop, you want to get recognized by the community. Climb the hierarchy ladder. Have your own department. Will you be corrupt or a pure cop?
Maybe you are a fixer that wants his own brokerage agency. Or you want to stay in the shadow all the time, but your deeds and success be well known.
Do you climb and want to rule the Corp you work for, or do you want to have your own corporation?
[...]
The ending should be based on your role and reflect your actions taken and choices made throughout the game.

I feel the bold part might be relevant for me, heh.

In all seriousness, you do mention some interesting aspects there.

I did not even think of it, I usually considered taking part in the world from a low to moderate rank within a faction. You might raise up the ranks and build a rep, but never become kingpin or at least something close to it.

Of course this is viable, I simply did not think of it so far but now that I do, I think this should in fact be considered in the game and plot-wise. It would underline character progress and if done right, you could vastly surpass the somewhat meagre career ladders you see in some other RPGs (cough cough).

There, climbing ladder is more interesting than being on top if it makes sense. You walk a path and that is exciting to some extend, but once it ends, there is nothing to to. A dead-end of sorts where you are a high leader or THE leader of some faction or group but do not really feel like it. You lack acknowledgement from the general world and do not have proper recognition by end-game contents, other factions, etc and in part you might still get quests that treat you like a henchman or errant boy (or girl).

Simplified, you achieve a high position but it doesn't feel like you truly are in one with all benefits or limits.

This is where Cyberpunk could shine in the long run and provide potentially meaningful end-game or late-game content by being able to work your way up in factions and obtain your own assets that you then have to manage. Ideally, this is optional, but if it is and if you do it, it should still feel like it is woven into the game instead of being something that feels like it doesn't matter or doesn't change things.

I am also fully aware that this approach likely takes the highest amount of work, but it will deliver a lot of content and likely satisfy players.

------------------------------------------------

Oh, right, as for the question: I'm rather in favor of well-crafted unique faction or choice endings instead of getting the same for all. I also don't mind some compromise where there is still one main plot, but different faction choices alter it appropriately. The more unique, the better, and it adds re-playability.

I think the actual ending you see should not be role dependent but within-game choice dependent. However, I would like it if there are post main quest lines that are based exclusively on one's role.

Rawls;n10458072 said:
I think the actual ending you see should not be role dependent but within-game choice dependent. However, I would like it if there are post main quest lines that are based exclusively on one's role.

That sounds good and would highlight certain faction (or affiliation) choices while providing unique post-plot game content - as per your choice.

Top Bottom