Low Orbit and Deep Space

+

Low Orbit and Deep Space

• L4 & L5 lagrangian points are enough, keep it episodic only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Low Orbit and Deep Space

I was sifting through my old books and a thought hit me immediately I saw the cover - Seep Space was the least used book in my CP2020 history as GM or player.I totally forgot about it. But the possibility always grew on me, drew closer... We never had an idea how to implement it in our adventures/sessions so it stayed read-only material. Shame really.

I would like to visit L4 or L5, deep space even, be it episodic or as an expansion. 0G action? Count me in!

What do you think folks? Vote then post away your reasons!

EDIT:
Added one option to chose from.

Last edited:
VERY doubtful.
With the first game of what's intended to be a series they need to concentrate on Night City ... the "home" of some of the best and most (in)famous Edgerunners alive (and at least one that's not). To dilute it with to many different areas and the incredibly complex mechanics necessary to realistically represent space would be foolish. Establish the core location and lore and feel of the game. Don't by necessity do things half-assed because you're trying to do to much. This is why only select NPCs are available as companions in (most) games rather then everyone you run into.

Last edited:
There's no option in the poll for a straight up NO. There's tons and tons of potentials stories and gameplay opportunities in Night City alone, and quite frankly, I think the videogame format of Cyberpunk is too limited to be broadened up to space.

I think a short horror esque braindance experience of someone floating up there in his claustrophobic loneliness and despair in knowing the vast nothingness around him will never end, and he'll never reach out to anyone or anything ever again - never hearing the sound of someone else again, never seeing someone else again, not people, animals or plants, not even in pictures or video or text, all he has is his thoughts and memory - and yet he can't stop himself obsessively trying, could be kinda neat.

Last edited:
On the one hand, it's way too soon for Crystal Palace to be looked at and soon is the game's not even out yet. When we travel outside of Night City and California, there's first the whole of the US to look at, then there is Europe and the way it exists in Cyberpunk 2020 and then there's all of Asia Major and Minor and everything that goes down over there. I think Outer Space styled adventures should be a very long way off and then only start off with trips to Crystal Palace and maybe even be based on what role you are running as.

Hrm.

Neuromancer goes to space. Neuromancer.

Blade Runner deals with space refugee androids.

Hardwired - seminal to Cyberpunk 2020 - goes right at space, pilots fighting each other in lower orbit and upper stratosphere. The sequel is mostly in a space station. Voice of the Whirlwind also is set much in space.

Outland, a key Cyberpunk movie listed in the Corebook, takes place on a distant moon mining facility\.

Aliens, also listed there, does as well. We Can Remember You For Wholesale, aka Total Recall...Moon 44...

Off-earth adventures are pretty common in Cyberpunk fiction. Easier/commercial travel beyond the planet is part of the setting.

I think I'd like to see the Crystal Palace as a DLC/Expansion not too far off. Certainly before we go wandering around the rest of the planet. Night City, maybe the Wasteland, Crystal Palace, yeah that'd be good.

Remind people that Cyberpunk is still future science fiction, before settling Mars becomes a real possibility.

Sardukhar;n10671951 said:
Hrm.

Neuromancer goes to space. Neuromancer.

Blade Runner deals with space refugee androids.

Hardwired - seminal to Cyberpunk 2020 - goes right at space, pilots fighting each other in lower orbit and upper stratosphere. The sequel is mostly in a space station. Voice of the Whirlwind also is set much in space.

Outland, a key Cyberpunk movie listed in the Corebook, takes place on a distant moon mining facility\.

Aliens, also listed there, does as well. We Can Remember You For Wholesale, aka Total Recall...Moon 44...

Off-earth adventures are pretty common in Cyberpunk fiction. Easier/commercial travel beyond the planet is part of the setting.

I think I'd like to see the Crystal Palace as a DLC/Expansion not too far off. Certainly before we go wandering around the rest of the planet. Night City, maybe the Wasteland, Crystal Palace, yeah that'd be good.

Remind people that Cyberpunk is still future science fiction, before settling Mars becomes a real possibility.

My point's exactly. I feel people tend to forget that Cyberpunk encompasses so much more than the vibrant Night City. And doin a L4-L5 expansion would break the"monotony" of a city which would be a good move imo.

wisielec;n10673141 said:
And doin a L4-L5 expansion would break the"monotony" of a city which would be a good move imo.
You havn't even seen the game yet and you're already bored by the scenery?
* just laughs quietly *

Suhiira;n10676221 said:
You havn't even seen the game yet and you're already bored by the scenery?
* just laughs quietly *

What he means, I think, is that a change in visuals gives you a chance to refresh and re-enjoy the setting. All city, all the time will probably get tiresome, yes. I love W3 but scenery changes are a good idea.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided did -not- do this and it was a mistake.

Space or underwater or the Wasteland would provide a satisfying contrast.

I'd think the scenery in the Corp Center and Combat Zone should each be pretty distinct, and I'm 99% sure both will be included in CP2077. If they add a Beaverville, any of the various Mallplexes, and some of the Urban Zones (Little Italy thru Charter Hill, each of which has a distinct "flavor") there will be even more variety. There's also the possibility of the various subways, access tunnels, and sewers.

I understand that my rumbling is 'a wish upon a star'. Thats the beauty of CP2077. It makes my mind wonder already, I began creating my own concept of future shock before anything from he game was released. Dont you like visualising and prototyping with ideas? How accurate you can guess?
I've been creating CP2020 world bits and pieces for a decade at least when we actively played this setting. I was drawing a lot. Buildings, apartments, flats, VIP penthouses, armoured cars, fashion and aesthetics...

Still, city is a city. You've seen one, you've seen 'em all. Diversity of districts included. Low Orbit would have been rejuvenating imho.

Need a maybe option. Done right it could be good, but simply going into space only to do the same things you do in NC would probably feel tacky.

Top Bottom