From the Financial Results Presentation, March 22, 2018

+
From the Financial Results Presentation, March 22, 2018

I'll merge this later to Updates.

Anyway.

Cyberpunk stuff starting here, 57:50: https://youtu.be/RTZimO5XQIw?t=3434

Paraphrasing

"Cyberpunk game engine is technologically advanced and ready to interface with future generations..very powerful equipment. Can't tell you more beyond that, no announced future consoles yet."

"Cyberpunk it will be possible to put together your character and it will range through various classes."

"As to multiplayer, we are going to deliver a huge story driven single player game as with Witcher 3. As for multiplayer, I'm not going to say about that but we did say we want to integrate with online components in the future."

"As to multiplayer mode, we are considering everything and anything."

"[Cyberpunk is an] immense story driven roleplay for a single player without any micropayments whatsoever, without any hidden payments whatsotever as in W3, but very different without a predefined character, with a futuristic world, with 3D movement."

"A single player game purchased for a one-off fee for many many hours of amazing gameplay."

Sardukhar;n10703901 said:
I'll merge this later to Updates.

Anyway.

Cyberpunk stuff starting here, 57:50: https://youtu.be/RTZimO5XQIw?t=3434

Paraphrasing

"Cyberpunk game engine is technologically advanced and ready to interface with future generations..very powerful equipment. Can't tell you more beyond that, no announced future consoles yet."

"Cyberpunk it will be possible to put together your character and it will range through various classes."

"As to multiplayer, we are going to deliver a huge story driven single player game as with Witcher 3. As for multiplayer, I'm not going to say about that but we did say we want to integrate with online components in the future."

"As to multiplayer mode, we are considering everything and anything."

"[Cyberpunk is an] immense story driven roleplay for a single player without any micropayments whatsoever, without any hidden payments whatsotever as in W3, but very different without a predefined character, with a futuristic world, with 3D movement."

"A single player game purchased for a one-off fee for many many hours of amazing gameplay."

what does this 3d movement means??? I think he said that "UNLIKE witcher 3, in Cyberpunk player will be able to move in three dimensions"

only thing that comes to my mind is moving UP, geralt couldnt fly, and since Ciri spoke about world where people have flying ships, I am guessing that we will have some sort of flying transportation

Aedan2;n10705261 said:
what does this 3d movement means??? I think he said that "UNLIKE witcher 3, in Cyberpunk player will be able to move in three dimensions"

only thing that comes to my mind is moving UP, geralt couldnt fly, and since Ciri spoke about world where people have flying ships, I am guessing that we will have some sort of flying transportation
As I said elsewhere ... generally aircraft and submarines are considered to operate in a 3D battlefield, everyone else is 2D.

Last edited:
Aedan2;n10705261 said:
what does this 3d movement means???

Yeah I think it's most logical to think it means more vertical gameplay (as in aircraft, multiple story level design and combat interactivity, or something like that). However, it could also be a translation issue, or he could have just worded his thought poorly. But more vertical gameplay was the impression that I got.

Suhiira;n10705971 said:
As I said elsewhere ... generally aircraft and submarines are considered to operate in a 3D battlefield, everyone else is 2D.

CYBERSUBMARINES CONFIRMED!! YES!

Jet packs are confirmed, or high tech spiderman, or we use a batman grappling hook, or cyberlimbs to clean tall buildings windows.
Maybe the 3D movement is for the net part of the game too? Making that virtual place be a 3D world in itself in which you can move without physics or gravity restriction.

I hope for a decent vertical design and cover system... a dream - like in Ghost Recon Phantoms (GR Online previously). I must say that game had BEST COVER SYSTEM ever implemented in a game. Imo.

So, they've now called it a single-player game on several occasions. I wonder if this will convince anyone it's not going to be multiplayer-focused?

And yes, I agree that 3D movement almost certainly means flying vehicles of some kind. Aerodynes, hoverbikes, something like that. Or jetpacks, sure, that's a possibility (though not one I'm enthused about).

The interesting thing about MP is that they sounded quite open about its future, could be done, could not, if it is, we don't know how, which modes, etc.

I like that, since it might mean MP really was pushed back in terms of priorities vs. everything else. Adding an MP expansion/dlc later after launch as a way to refresh the game for some people whether its pvp pve or both could be a good idea.

Snowflakez;n10709461 said:
I wonder if this will convince anyone it's not going to be multiplayer-focused?

But there will be multi-player per the $7 million grant from the Polish Government, which has Seamless Multiplayer as one of the many prerequisites for receiving the grant.

https://wccftech.com/cd-projekt-red-gets-7-million-government/

And I do like that they're not going to drop the multiplayer mode with the initial release of 2077, this to me says they want players to get to know the game and the world that Mike Pondsmith created first before getting into the multiplayer modes CDPR will have, similar in style to how RockStar released GTA 5 and GTA Online.

Geralt_of_bsas;n10710381 said:
The interesting thing about MP is that they sounded quite open about its future,

It will come around, it was a part of the reason why they received $7 mill from the Polish Government, then there is that Cyberpunk is a Table-Top RPG, a style of game with typically multiple players to cover many roles. Though for me, I'd rather that it be a Co-Op and not just plain old multiplayer.

walkingdarkly;n10711021 said:
But there will be multi-player per the $7 million grant from the Polish Government, which has Seamless Multiplayer as one of the many prerequisites for receiving the grant.

https://wccftech.com/cd-projekt-red-...on-government/

And I do like that they're not going to drop the multiplayer mode with the initial release of 2077, this to me says they want players to get to know the game and the world that Mike Pondsmith created first before getting into the multiplayer modes CDPR will have, similar in style to how RockStar released GTA 5 and GTA Online.

It will come around, it was a part of the reason why they received $7 mill from the Polish Government, then there is that Cyberpunk is a Table-Top RPG, a style of game with typically multiple players to cover many roles. Though for me, I'd rather that it be a Co-Op and not just plain old multiplayer.

Yeah, that's why I specifically said it won't be multiplayer-focused. I'm well aware of the fact that there will be "online elements" (not necessarily multiplayer, but probably). But it seems they will take a back seat.

I'm just glad that their resources seem to be going to singleplayer, versus deciding to go the GTA V route.

There are heavily single player focused games that had a decent multiplayer component (like the Last of Us).

Another thing Adam said was that CDAPR aims to have 600 employers by the end of Cyberpunk 2077 development, it currently has 300, and in the final moments of Witcher 3 it had 250.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10712251 said:
Another thing Adam said was that CDAPR aims to have 600 employers by the end of Cyberpunk 2077 development, it currently has 300, and in the final moments of Witcher 3 it had 250.

There are already more than 300 employees according to this post. But it also depends on whether we include everyone, or only the Cyberpunk team.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont ever remember a company being this transparent with their income. This is amazing. I dont understand a lot of it, but the genereal position im seeing is "We're CDPR we're awesome and we sell a lot of games". Can you imagine if EA or Ubisoft did something like this. "Blah blah blah microtransactions blah blah loot boxes wah wah overpriced paid content and season passes".

Most anything that is single player only and not free to play has been outsold by The Witcher 3 over the last few years, at least on PC. So, it is not like CDPR's approach does not work out, even from a business point of view. The reputation of a company does have value, it might not be worth ruining it for the sake of some minor short term extra revenue.

sv3672;n10712611 said:
Most anything that is single player only and not free to play has been outsold by The Witcher 3 over the last few years, at least on PC. So, it is not like CDPR's approach does not work out, even from a business point of view. The reputation of a company does have value, it might not be worth ruining it for the sake of some minor short term extra revenue.

This is pretty much my thoughts on the matter. I don't understand people who say "But Cyberpunk needs multiplayer to survive!"

Sounds a lot like "opinion" to me.

The facts are, CDPR is just fine with the business model they've used for years. If they want to add a multiplayer element (clearly they want to have some sort of "online" element, whatever that means), that's one thing, but they absolutely, 100% do not need it. There's a reason CDPR exploded in popularity, it's because they do things differently.

Snowflakez;n10713271 said:
This is pretty much my thoughts on the matter. I don't understand people who say "But Cyberpunk needs multiplayer to survive!"

Sounds a lot like "opinion" to me.

The facts are, CDPR is just fine with the business model they've used for years. If they want to add a multiplayer element (clearly they want to have some sort of "online" element, whatever that means), that's one thing, but they absolutely, 100% do not need it. There's a reason CDPR exploded in popularity, it's because they do things differently.

It's the CDPR President who said "games needs multiplayer to survive on the long term", maybe that's what he meant...that the lifespan of a game is prolongated due to its multiplayer elements. Even if Witcher 3 was able to sell well in the years prior to its launch, a game with multiplayer could sell more and a lot longer than that.

Top Bottom