No loading screen? ( similar God of War 4)

+

ex:
1. Into the animation completely synchronized. (similar God of War 4)

2.Deal or talk with NPC

I think this will be cool:victory:

Let's see ... no loading screens at all in a game ...
Forget significant changes in scenery because the new scenery must resemble the old because there's no time to generate radically new scenery.
Need to carefully design the game so there are very limited depths of field, generating graphics for distant objects and gradually adding size and detail is very CPU/GPU time intensive.
Can't have any major changes in, and numbers of, animations for the same reason, most stuff must use the same basic animations, no time to load new.
In a city with crowds of NPCs ... lots of clones.

Believe it or not loading screens don't exist because developers are lazy or incompetent, they exist because it takes time to transfer data and generate graphics.
So in order to eliminate loading screens you must reduce the amount of data transfer and graphic variation.

Last edited:
Yeah I think it works in GoW because it's a shorter length action heavy game. Don't think it would work for a longer length or larger size game, nor a game with customizable varying play-styles ... all of which I would anticipate CP2077 including.

It is a technical challenge of course, but does not seem impossible. The Velen/Novigrad hub in The Witcher 3 would be a quite large game on its own, with a variety of environments, it has the majority of content in the base game, and even includes Hearts of Stone. All of that can already be explored without any loading screens. Although fast travel to a distant location, or teleporting there with console commands does require loading, because normally the game data is streamed in the background as you travel from one place to another. Maybe it is more difficult to implement if the world size is increased in Cyberpunk, or if there are larger and more complex interiors (which in other games tend to require loading screens when entering buildings). On the other hand, the engine will be further developed, too.

sv3672;n10849271 said:
It is a technical challenge of course, but does not seem impossible. The Velen/Novigrad hub in The Witcher 3 would be a quite large game on its own, with a variety of environments, it has the majority of content in the base game, and even includes Hearts of Stone. All of that can already be explored without any loading screens. Although fast travel to a distant location, or teleporting there with console commands does require loading, because normally the game data is streamed in the background as you travel from one place to another. Maybe it is more difficult to implement if the world size is increased in Cyberpunk, or if there are larger and more complex interiors (which in other games tend to require loading screens when entering buildings). On the other hand, the engine will be further developed, too.

God of War 4 scene is very large and many details. 

I think it can be challenged (or the next 3A game can be considered)

AsadaShino0821;n10849351 said:
God of War 4 scene is very large and many details. 

I think it can be challenged (or the next 3A game can be considered)

It's not an open world game, though.

Just start it one of the best game this gen, cinematic feel, great melee combat/gameplay, responsiveness animations
CDPR could learn from it

Actually they can't learn anything from it since they would have to restart development to do the same thing, god of war may appear seamless but it will be doing lots of background streaming, specially when it forces you in to caverns or passage ways to obscure that it is loading things in.

Hoplite_22;n10852731 said:
specially when it forces you in to caverns or passage ways to obscure that it is loading things in.
It's not like you can save up performance and keep polygon count & drawcalls in a dense big city low by hiding unnecessary unseen parts of the city behind those skycrapers... And it's not like GTA V exists and works on PS3 of all things... Sleeping Dogs of all things is also from 7th console gen era. You get the idea.

Although, you're right, on Red Engine with it's nonexistent geometry culling (for fucks sake, Twitcher 3 will render a large part of map around Geralt in great detail even if he enters a small house, and even behind his back, nice programming skillz), this engine won't handle Night City in it's full glory. The game will be moved and skewed to coastline and wasteland. I predicted it, take screens.

Last edited:
metalmaniac21;n10854111 said:
Although, you're right, on Red Engine with it's nonexistent geometry culling (for fucks sake, Twitcher 3 will render a large part of map around Geralt in great detail even if he enters a small house, and even behind his back, nice programming skillz), this engine won't handle Night City in it's full glory. The game will be moved and skewed to coastline and wasteland. I predicted it, take screens.

I would imagine if they have fixed any of that they started years ago, which was mostly my point. GoW 4 wasn't going to suddenly open their eyes to the possibility.

metalmaniac21;n10854111 said:
It's not like you can save up performance and keep polygon count & drawcalls in a dense big city low by hiding unnecessary unseen parts of the city behind those skycrapers... And it's not like GTA V exists and works on PS3 of all things... Sleeping Dogs of all things is also from 7th console gen era. You get the idea.

From what we've heard over the years, they've had to essentially start over with the engine. Again, from what I understand, it is far from the same engine they used in TW3. My guess is they realized they were going to have some serious issues like the ones you mentioned (turns out, rendering an entire "vertical" city is a lot tougher than a medieval countryside) and decided to redesign the engine with those issues, and new gameplay mechanics, in mind.

Snowflakez;n10855541 said:
From what we've heard over the years, they've had to essentially start over with the engine. Again, from what I understand, it is far from the same engine they used in TW3. My guess is they realized they were going to have some serious issues like the ones you mentioned (turns out, rendering an entire "vertical" city is a lot tougher than a medieval countryside) and decided to redesign the engine with those issues, and new gameplay mechanics, in mind.
That would be my understanding as well.
But by the same tolken expecting (demanding?) photo-realistic graphics, a seamless open world, no loading screens, a "pick-your-favorite" FPS combat system, simplified skill trees, etc. etc. etc. is going to lead to a lot of disappointment NOT because of anything CDPR has, or has not, done, but because of what people dream up as "required" features for CP2077.

Top Bottom