Rumours and Speculations

+
Razrback16;n10862721 said:
Saw a couple articles today of note referencing the possibility of imminent marketing / possibly a release this year; just wanted to share with you all -

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/04/...d-the-witcher/

https://gamingbolt.com/cd-projekt-re...-than-expected

These websites are generally considered... not great in the industry. They pick up stories weeks or months after they go live, and they're generally rife with grammatical errors and stuffed with keywords.

I'm not saying they are terrible, I think they have their place for readers who may not see the news the first time it comes around but they tend to have a lot of clickbait.

I've had Google Alerts set up for the words "Cyberpunk 2077" and "CD Projekt RED" for over a year now, and the only stuff I ever see (barring a few exceptions) is stuff from these websites re-hashing information from months ago, with headlines like "Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer To Be Coming Soon" (because of a job listing) as well as PC Gamer shoehorning "Cyberpunk 2077" into many of their articles for that sweet, sweet SEO juice.

https://www.gamepressure.com/e.asp?ID=1758
Apparently CP2077 is "an FPS".
Now that is quite a clickbait-y title. From what I've gathered, they basically found out it is going to be a game with a First Person Perspective and heavy RPG elements. Which was to be expected.

Also this fragment looks really interesting:
the latter (Krakow studio) is currently focusing on a fragment of the game, the action of which will take place on the Moon. The game is supposed to be fast-paced, and one of the features that the studio is working on is wall-running, similar to the one we already saw in Titanfall games.

EDIT. Of course this is all unofficial info to be taken with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Kuboniusz;n10865501 said:

If I read it right, it is not specifically denied that a TPP mode will be included, it is only confirmed that FPP will be present. Maybe TPP had to be dropped because of technical issues with implementing both, even if that was true, it would not by itself imply that the game is more of an FPS than an RPG.

Snowflakez;n10865211 said:
These websites are generally considered... not great in the industry. They pick up stories weeks or months after they go live, and they're generally rife with grammatical errors and stuffed with keywords.

I'm not saying they are terrible, I think they have their place for readers who may not see the news the first time it comes around but they tend to have a lot of clickbait.

I've had Google Alerts set up for the words "Cyberpunk 2077" and "CD Projekt RED" for over a year now, and the only stuff I ever see (barring a few exceptions) is stuff from these websites re-hashing information from months ago, with headlines like "Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer To Be Coming Soon" (because of a job listing) as well as PC Gamer shoehorning "Cyberpunk 2077" into many of their articles for that sweet, sweet SEO juice.

Sorry if the sources are crappy - like you mentioned, I have signed up for google notifications of anything related to "Cyberpunk 2077" so when I saw those I thought who better to share with than you all. :D

Lisbeth_Salander;n10865521 said:
Me when I find out that there are journalists browsing these threads as we apeak:

I literally lol'd on that one, nice!

sv3672;n10865561 said:
If I read it right, it is not specifically denied that a TPP mode will be included, it is only confirmed that FPP will be present.

That is true. Especially since Cyberpunk as a game emphasises style and your character's appearance. Can't really see that working without TPP.

Now that is quite a clickbait-y title. From what I've gathered, they basically found out it is going to be a game with a First Person Perspective and heavy RPG elements. Which was to be expected.

So instead of focusing on wasteland deserts around Night City for Nomads, CDPR made those 100 employees at the Cracov studio focus on making a moon area?

Didn't CDPR also confirmed CP2077 would be TPS and FPS?

Last edited:

Interesting.

Wall running would indicate some kind of parkour system, which aligns with what Kicinski said about player being capable of 3D movement. The part about the moon sound kinda strange, but I imagine it might be for a quest similar in style to "Through Time and Space" in The Witcher 3, but instead of jorney through the different worlds, we will travel to space station or colony set up on the moon by one of the corporations. If utilized well, I can see it being a nice change of scenery from what we used to see through the rest of the game. Plus it's quite funny how the original Deus Ex, which serve as one of the main inspirations for the game, also supposed to have a final level set inside the base on the moon, before they had to scrap it due to budget constraints.

Also I'm glad to hear, based on those rumors, that FPP seems at least to be a primary focus for the game, though some people here won't be happy about it.

But again, it just the rumors, but pretty convincing ones.

What made me laugh is how in the article they said Cyberpunk as such would compete with games like Deus Ex, Prey and System Shock, despite the fact that last Deus Ex game and Prey flopped hard, pretty much killing any chance for the sequels.

Last edited:

the latter (Krakow studio) is currently focusing on a fragment of the game, the action of which will take place on the Moon. The game is supposed to be fast-paced, and one of the features that the studio is working on is wall-running, similar to the one we already saw in Titanfall games.

Yeah (1) not sure about the source at all (no offense intended to gamepressure), (2) FPP available does not equal FPS or no TPP.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10865591 said:
So CDPR makes those 100 employees at the Cracov studio to focus on making a moon area instead of making wasteland deserts around Night City for Nomads?

Didn't CDPR also confirmed CP2077 would be TPS and FPS?

Maybe wastelands are already done? Who knows how far this game is. Wastelands definitely dont requite that much work because they are not densely populated, so less assets and everything.

Well "confirmation" at the start of pre-production is not the best word. If this is true then probably after prototypes and testing it didnt work, or required too much work, or FPP worked better design wise. I hope there will be TPP at least for exploration.

Sneky;n10865691 said:
Maybe wastelands are already done? Who knows how far this game is. Wastelands definitely dont requite that much work because they are not densely populated, so less assets and everything.

Well "confirmation" at the start of pre-production is not the best word. If this is true then probably after prototypes and testing it didnt work, or required too much work, or FPP worked better design wise. I hope there will be TPP at least for exploration.

If we don't have a TPP, a character creation system is pretty much useless. But what my man Rawls said makes sense. The site affirms that the game is a FPS, which doens't make sense since it is a RPG, and since the site has lots of clickbait tittles that might mean CP2077 has FPS and TPS elements.

Last edited by a moderator:
We waited 5 years for a FPS only game. I guess this is this forum official theme song:

Razrback16;n10865571 said:
I literally lol'd on that one, nice!

Thanks, I post memes around here from monday to friday, from 05:00 to 18:00, and on weekends after midnight.

Last edited:
Rawls;n10865631 said:
FPP available does not equal FPS
I really don't think that CP being a Fallout 4 type of game is an option. It's based on a bloody Pen n Paper with its creator as a close consultant and people specifically designated to deal with RPG systems. That alone is enough evidence for me.
As for the Moon rumour, we might be facing Blood and Wine type of situation here where it was the Cracow team working on it exclusively during the main game's development, i.e. Moon could be featured in a DLC.

Last edited:
kofeiiniturpa;n10865621 said:

What is wrong with wall-running? Or even some Moon related quests? Wall running is literally confirming vertical gameplay/exploration which is great.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10865741 said:
If we don't have a TPP, a character creation system is pretty much useless. But what my nigga Rawls said makes sense. The site affirms that the game is a FPS, which doens't make sense since it is a RPG, and since the site has lots of clickbait tittles that might mean CP2077 has FPS and TPS elements.

The site affirms that the game is FPP with RPG elements. first Deus Ex and System Shocks are also FPP, and they are CRPGs, arguably one of the best cyberpunk rpgs.

"FPS" is just clickbait title, technically Deus Ex or System Shocks are also FPS.

Last edited:
Kuboniusz;n10865791 said:
I really don't think that CP being a Fallout 4 type of game is an option. It's based on a bloody Pen n Paper

I do agree as a principle, and hope that's the case, but then... Fallout was also based on PnP in the beginning (GURPS). Now look at it. I wouldn't take anything, even the most logical sounding conclusions, as gospel before I see with my own eyes what the deal is.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10865741 said:
If we don't have a TPP, a character creation system is pretty much useless.

Not entirely, even if there was no TPP mode (which is doubtful), you could still see your character in dialogues (if voiced), and the character's body and outfit when looking down.

Top Bottom