Rumours and Speculations

+
Yeah, a medium-sized (when compared to the likes of EA, who seems to enjoy canceling games with impunity) studio like CDPR can't really afford to scrap years of work just because of an engine change.

Shavod;n10873461 said:

God forbid. Gizm00 and I have not gotten along very well. But I like Lis. So...

Anyway, not a big fan of 4chan, never have been. It's one of the older communities on the internet, though, so I guess a lot of the users have probably matured and become less childish over time. Lots of false rumors seem to spread from there.

im pretty sure a dev on twitter said SOME ideas were scrapped. pretty sure of that and the game did change directors.

animalfather;n10873541 said:
im pretty sure a dev on twitter said SOME ideas were scrapped. pretty sure of that and the game did change directors.

There was that ex cdpr member who said they hated a first concept related to the game, he didn't mention what concept that was though.

Some ideas always get scrapped. Some things work, some don't. Some got scrapped and return later or as a DLC. Etc. Directors change. No need to panic. SNAFU.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10873471 said:
You're pretty smart ;)

Give me one redpoint and I'll delete the whole sub.

Snowflakez;n10873511 said:
God forbid. Gizm00 and I have not gotten along very well. But I like Lis. So...
Anyway, not a big fan of 4chan, never have been. It's one of the older communities on the internet, though, so I guess a lot of the users have probably matured and become less childish over time. Lots of false rumors seem to spread from there.

The fake leaks doesn't happen as often as you may think, often the leaks that are believed to came from 4chan actually didn't originated from there (like the recent list of games at E3 2018 Microsoft conference).

animalfather;n10873541 said:

Directors technically changed but i dont think that this change had any inpact on anything... Adam Badowski was main guy on CP2077 since the start, even when Witcher 3 was developed he was more focused on Cyberpunk and right now he is Game Director. Michał Kanik was Game Director before, and right now he is Principal Designer so he is still top developer/design guy on Cyberpunk.

Snowflakez;n10873511 said:

It can also be a source of real rumors, so one cannot be sure. The anonymity of the site obviously makes it easy to troll, but real leakers can prefer it too, they might not want to lose their jobs, after all.

sv3672;n10873701 said:
It can also be a source of real rumors, so one cannot be sure. The anonymity of the site obviously makes it easy to troll, but real leakers can prefer it too, they might not want to lose their jobs, after all.

There's better ways to leak real information than through 4chan, surely. Despite how much fun it is to bash the media, there are several notable, reliable journalists and youtubers you can leak info to without them screwing you over.

ITT:

I recall that a while ago CDPR mentioned the game would be FPP/TPP, no reason to believe rumours over official information. Under 2 months until E3, when we'll likely find out what the gameplay will be like anyway.

Hmmm...the amount of threads over the webs specially the site that Shavod visits is very big.

The fps leaks are making people talk about this game a lot. Perhaps the leaks were all planed by CDPR?

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n10874681 said:
The fps leaks are making people talk about this game a lot. Perhaps the leaks were all planed by CDPR?

Nah, people are interested in the game and when there is new information even if its from leak or its fake, people are discussing it. I dont think CDPR care about controlled leaks because it can make more damage, its not worth it. When they start Cyberpunk marketing campaign people will talk about this game anyway, but probably x10 or more compared what is right now because there will be tons of new information to discuss, right now we still have nothing except shit leaks.

Last edited:
Sneky;n10874731 said:
Nah, people are interested in the game and when there is new information even if its from leak or its fake, people are discussing it. I dont think CDPR care about that, because when they start Cyberpunk marketing campaign people will talk about this game anyway, but probably x10 or more compared what is right now because there will be tons of new information to discuss, right now we still have nothing except shit leaks.

Making a fuss about the game before announcing it is smart. There has been 5 threads with over 300 comments in /v/ about this leak alone, is not only about discussion, is about gaming sites reporting these leaks, which will introduce Cyberpunk 2077 to people who never heard about it.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10874761 said:
Making a fuss about the game before announcing it is smart. There has been 5 threads with over 300 comments in /v/ about this leak alone, is not only about discussion, is about gaming sites reporting these leaks, which will introduce Cyberpunk 2077 to people who never heard about it.

Well, i think that CDPR would prefer to introduce new people to Cyberpunk 2077 by official trailers. gameplays and information, not by shitty leaks that can be far from what CP 2077 is. People will discuss this game in two months much more than right now, same with yournos. I dont find any logic with your theory.

Top Bottom