Rumours and Speculations

+
Rawls;n10951538 said:
https://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-207...ion-characters

Rumors about companion based combat based on job listings. Not terribly informative and carry's relatively little weight ... but still I would like it if the game does include a companion involved combat system.

it could be something like in Witcher 3 where u dont have control over companion characters. In Witcher 3 we had some quests with Keira, Yen, Bloody Baron etc... I dont think i want to control more than one character, it wouldn't fit the setting imho. I want to be outsider who are mostly doing stuff alone.

Sneky;n10951553 said:
it could be something like in Witcher 3 where u dont have control over companion characters. In Witcher 3 we had some quests with Keira, Yen, Bloody Baron etc... I dont think i want to control more than one character, it wouldn't fit the setting imho. I want to be outsider who are mostly doing stuff alone.

Yes, people are reading too much into these ads. Not saying Rawls is one of them, but this ad has been around for ages, sites like GB pick this up every other week, it feels like.

It likely is just referring to what you saw in TW3.

Doesn't mean a more fleshed out companion system is impossible, but this isn't evidence of it.

Snowflakez;n10951580 said:
but this ad has been around for ages, sites like GB pick this up every other week, it feels like.
Yeah like I said, it carries little weight and less new information, but come on it's the rumors thread and I for one would like a companion system.

I do really hope there is a more in depth companion system than TW series had. Few edgerunners can get a big job done on their own.

Rawls;n10951592 said:
Yeah like I said, it carries little weight and less new information, but come on it's the rumors thread and I for one would like a companion system.

I do really hope there is a more in depth companion system than TW series had. Few edgerunners can get a big job done on their own.

Agreed. :)

Rawls;n10951592 said:
Yeah like I said, it carries little weight and less new information, but come on it's the rumors thread and I for one would like a companion system. I do really hope there is a more in depth companion system than TW series had. Few edgerunners can get a big job done on their own.

This. How can someone be against having in game companions that follow you around? Come on, if you don't want them just don't use them.

Rawls;n10951592 said:

It's just a wish, but it would be rather neat if when you gain 3 edgerunners to help you, you can access a secret camera option that turns the camera into an isometric camera and lets you play the game like it was the original Syndicate.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10951613 said:
How can someone be against having in game companions that follow you around?

Someone out there does, that I am for certain.

This. How can someone be against having in game companions that follow you around? Come on, if you don't want them just don't use them.

As long as they were optional, I'm all for it. I'd probably use them in some playthroughs and ditch them in others, as I've done in Fallout, Skyrim, and many other RPGs, new and old. If they're going to be forced on me, then no thank you.

I may not always want annoying chatterboxes following me around, getting in the way of my shots, taking their sweet ass time getting in the god dang vehicle while it gets shot to hell by a couple dozen cops.

If they implement companion system, I imagine it being closer to something like Kingpin, when you can hire some people you find on the street to follow you with ability to give them some simple orders without any distinctive character traits or dialogue, then Mass Effect, when every companion is tied to the story and has his own personality. Reason for that is because generic recruitable NPC's are basically the only way I see for gameplay implementation of certain role abilities, specifically the ones which main hook is getting NPC's to help you, such as Nomad's Family or Rockerboy's Charismatic Leadership, without limiting them too much.

While I am not against companions, good permanent companions take a lot of resources to implement (including up to thousands of voice lines for each), so I can see why those who do not care about them would want that to be spent on other features. Another possible reason is being worried about them being "required" to play the game, considering that developers might want the player not to miss out on a feature they spent so much effort on.

Last edited:
Snowflakez;n10952369 said:
Uh... What?

I don't think that's related to Cyberpunk in an official capacity.

The screen this is on was in a crowd surrounded by people and employees, with all the other screens being already seen trailers, with the recorder suspiciously turning away and leaving the room upon seeing this particular screen. Said recorder also just happened to film most of the footage horizontally flipped.

kanonite;n10952387 said:
The screen this is on was in a crowd surrounded by people and employees, with all the other screens being already seen trailers, with the recorder suspiciously turning away and leaving the room upon seeing this particular screen. Said recorder also just happened to film most of the footage horizontally flipped.

I'll admit I have absolutely no clue what that image is. It's bizarre, for sure. I just don't think it's necessarily Cyberpunk related, even with what you just mentioned. CDPR is probably not going to go for a Fallout-like cartoony marketing campaign (remember the S.P.E.C.I.A.L trailers?).

Maybe it'll be an in-game cartoon or something?

Snowflakez;n10952408 said:
I'll admit I have absolutely no clue what that image is. It's bizarre, for sure. I just don't think it's necessarily Cyberpunk related, even with what you just mentioned. CDPR is probably not going to go for a Fallout-like cartoony marketing campaign (remember the S.P.E.C.I.A.L trailers?).

Maybe it'll be an in-game cartoon or something?

It could be something like Blade Runner had cartoon/anime introduction trailer to Cyberpunk universum and back story from 2020 to 2077.

BLADE RUNNER 2049 - "Black Out 2022" Anime Short

kanonite;n10952342 said:
Nabbed a peculiar image from the video in article https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-krakow-office

https://i.imgur.com/hdzzeap.png

What looks to be a dood with a trenchcoat, gun, stupid hair and red gloves.

If it is what i think it is, going for a cartoony instruction trailer for your cyberpunk game is indeed unconventional and "Punk".

For me it looks like an artwork from some classic or indie adventure game signed by it's author. Might be part of the promotional video for Digital Dragons, which CDPR is sponsor of.

Top Bottom