Rumours and Speculations

+
No Title

As some of you know, during the Digital Dragons event, CDPR has opened their Krakow studio to outsiders after around a year of having it closed off to the public. What I am here to discuss is the attached two pictures.

Do you think that these signs mean anything? Are they just conference room signs? It's probably the case, but the fact that there are numbers ("29 32 00 76 38 CP" on the first one for example), and the letters 'CP' at the end of each string of numbers, makes me think that it possible that it's an ARG? Maybe?

I also feel like I'm grasping at straws, and that they are just stylistic, lol.
Sources:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Clert/status/998234907024543744/video/1 , around 2:16

https://twitter.com/scriptwelder/status/998229691634016256

Attachments

• photo210260.png
    photo210260.png
    292 KB · Views: 29
  • photo210263.jpg
    photo210263.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 30
IllyasvieI;n10953227 said:
As some of you know, during the Digital Dragons event, CDPR has opened their Krakow studio to outsiders after around a year of having it closed off to the public. What I am here to discuss is the attached two pictures.

Do you think that these signs mean anything? Are they just conference room signs? It's probably the case, but the fact that there are numbers ("29 32 00 76 38 CP" on the first one for example), and the letters 'CP' at the end of each string of numbers, makes me think that it possible that it's an ARG? Maybe?

Sources:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Clert/sta...543744/video/1 , around 2:16

https://twitter.com/scriptwelder/sta...29691634016256

I doubt it's an ARG. The lighting is terrible and it's hard to make the numbers out. The green signs' bigger numbers are almost definitely just room codes, not sure about the smaller numbers like the set you posted.

The first picture has the Psycho Squad symbol, by the way.

EDIT: Christ, their campus is gorgeous. I'd love to see it in winter.

<clip> makes me think that it possible that it's an ARG? Maybe?
If you mean "Alternate Reality Game" then yes.
CP2077 is based on CP2020 which used real world events, history, and technology up till about 1980 then diverged off into it's own alternate reality.

Suhiira;n10953413 said:
CP2077 is based on CP2020 which used real world events, history, and technology up till about 1980 then diverged off into it's own alternate reality.

I was more talking about the doors themselves, not the game. But I understand what you mean.

Suhiira;n10953413 said:

He means the real-world puzzles devs will have players solve to figure out information about a game. Prior to Sombra's release in Overwatch, Blizzard had a super in-depth game that required players to crack codes and figure out more information about who the hero was going to be. It wasn't a video game, just a good ol' fashioned mind game that used people's ingenuity.

Sources:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Clert/status/998234907024543744/video/1 , around 2:16

https://twitter.com/scriptwelder/status/998229691634016256

Pioyr Sucholdoski's online handle is "Leru

"https://vimeo.com/user757142

He's a VFX artist. Could just be fancy name plates.

Consoles should finally start the move towards the PC as an upgradeable platform. Preferably, all of the grander scale gaming should work the same on one single platform.

Similiarly to how all those redundant gaming clients (Steam, UPlay, Origin...) should roll into one client to handle them all without exclusives or favoritism.

kofeiiniturpa;n10955363 said:
Consoles should finally start the move towards the PC as an upgradeable platform. Preferably, all of the grander scale gaming should work the same on one single platform.

Similiarly to how all those redundant gaming clients (Steam, UPlay, Origin...) should roll into one client to handle them all without exclusives or favoritism.

Competition is important. It's well and good to say "Well just roll it all into one," but you run the very serious risk of getting screwed over by that one because they now have nobody else to contend with, nobody else to try to 1-up. Worst of all, everyone is stuck with them if they want to play video games. It's like Comcast in rural America.

So, yes, exclusives suck, no doubt about that. So does crappy optimization. But both of these are, for now, necessarily evils if we want a varied, accessible industry where you can have multiple choices that suit your needs.

On the topic of PS5, and CP2077 coming to PS5, I think it's possible, but only if the game releases in late 2019 or early 2020, since Sony says they are focused on PS4 until the end of the fiscal year (April 2019).

The alternative is CDPR does what most developers do when they release a game towards the end of a console generation - they release it for both. Rockstar did it with GTA V, for example. The new generation version usually has a few extra bells and whistles, of course.

Snowflakez;n10955393 said:
Competition is important. It's well and good to say "Well just roll it all into one," but you run the very serious risk of getting screwed over by that one because they now have nobody else to contend with, nobody else to try to 1-up. Worst of all, everyone is stuck with them if they want to play video games. It's like Comcast in rural America.

Publishers still compete, developers still compete, hardware manufacturers still compete. Of course they do, just as they do now. Only the casing and the platform is singular for all which saves tons of money to put into one product (the game) instead of three, four, five, + different versions of it, and the consumer has tremendously easier time with one open platform instead of having to choose (or choose from) several.

The "console wars" haven't led to anything worthwhile. They are still behind PC's in processing power and versatility and still limit the products through bloated developement costs and inflexibility and constant change of the platform version.

Last edited:
That and let's face it, consoles just plain could not sell without exclusives.
You want to play game 'X' you must buy the appropriate console.
If games were regularly exported to PC why even buy a console in the first place?

Suhiira;n10955459 said:
That and let's face it, consoles just plain could not sell without exclusives.
You want to play game 'X' you must buy the appropriate console.
If games were regularly exported to PC why even buy a console in the first place?

That's true, just look at how much PS4 outsold Xbox in the recent years thanks to it's exclusives, while Microsoft, who decided to release their every new game on all platforms (or at least both Xbox and PC) is really failing to keep up, becoming a laughingstock in the process, because of it's lack of exclusives. Microsoft tried to make up for it by making console that is more powerful and customizable then Sony's, but people don't seem to be that interested, since it has no exclusives to speak of.

Yeah the reason I own a PS4 is because of the exclusives. The Last of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, God of War (I haven't played it yet), soon to be Detroit Become Human. Heck two of those games are in my top five games overall of the last five six years (TLoU & Horizon ZD). I have a laptop I use too ... but there are soooo many good games for that system.

Also, as I'm typing this I'm realizing we should probably wander back to the topic.

Last edited:
I'm 100% sure that the http://cyberpunk.net/blog/ had a change on the last few weeks, I have physical evidence to prove this since I saved multiple versions of the page from time to time. The change is a new banner that alternates between 3 blog posts automatically. It was made between 18 january 2018 and 29 april 2018 which are the dates of the html pages I saved on my PC. This possibly hints what we already know: Cyberpunk 2077 marketing campaign is close.

It will be a plus if users who posted on the forum back in the day to confirm this for me. Specially wisdom000 and Shavod.

File from january 2018 (all saved files from this blog stays black like this, something that you can verify by saving the same page yourself):

Saved file from april 2018:

Last edited:

Sources:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Clert/sta...543744/video/1 , around 2:16

https://twitter.com/scriptwelder/sta...29691634016256

signs or codes I do not know ...... but there is something in there and they wanted to show subtly with a warning "no entry" if they locked with a key without the plate nobody would enter, I wonder the people here were not curious this was an indirect

Lisbeth_Salander;n10955723 said:
I'm 100% sure that the http://cyberpunk.net/blog/ had a change on the last few weeks, I have physical evidence to prove this since I saved multiple versions of the page from time to time. The change is a new banner that alternates between 3 blog posts automatically. It was made between 18 january 2018 and 29 april 2018 which are the dates of the html pages I saved on my PC. This possibly hints what we already know: Cyberpunk 2077 marketing campaign is close.

That's definitely interesting. It could just be a simple case of some bored CDPR web developer deciding to tweak things a bit, but adding that carousel implies a more rapid flow of important information. You don't generally add those without a reason, since they slow down your page (not insignificantly, by the way).

If you're telling the truth, nice find, Lis.

It's definitely the first time I have seen anything remotely close to activity there in years... but then again I haven't been here in so long I don't know who the hell anyone is anymore. It's like all you people changed your names and I am trying to guess who you used to be!

Top Bottom