Cyberpunk Soundtrack

+
I love most of Billy Idols music... my favorit songs of his though, and favorit album, is not really the most common ones that most people point to. My favorit album of his is the "Cyberpunk" album (which most people dislike... XD ), and my three favorit songs of his are (videos found below): "Adam in Chains" (from Cyberpunk), "Shock to the System" (also from Cyberpunk, saw this song on MTV back in 1994 and the day after I went to the recordstore and bought the album on CD), and "Flesh For Fantasy" (not from Cyberpunk).

I think that album, Cyberpunk, was either the second or possibly third ever musical CD/anything I ever bought. The first one was Metallica's "Metallica" album ("The Black Album" as most people know it as), and then it was either Billy Idols "Cyberpunk" album or Clawfingers "Deaf Dumb Blind" album (after seeing the song "Warfair" on MTV) that was my second ever bought album (with the other one being the third then of course).

Some info in the spoiler for people who might want to check out Clawfinger and that album that I mentioned.
If someone does check out that Clawfinger album, and see the name of a particular song (the first song of the album actually)... just keep in mind that Clawfinger is known as being a band which makes music which is mostly political and anti-racist type of stuff like that... they are actually simmilar to Rage Against The Machine, except that Clawfinger started out 2 years befor Rage did with that style of music and types of messages (Clawfinger did not release an album untill 4 years after they started though, they just spent their first 4 years on constant touring... actually they spend most of their existence as a band touring a lot).

I almost did not buy that Clawfinger album due to seeing that songs name on the back of the album (it had happend befor, where I compleatly dropped a band due to finding out that they and their music was legitametly racists), but I asked the recordstore owner if I could listen to the album to check out a few songs... so as I listened to "that song's" lyrics I realized what the actual message was. It's just not a song that I would go around playing out loud to everyone around you though, since most people are probably not going to hear most of the lyrics of the song except "those" particular part and word of the song (especially the "chorus" would probably work a lot of people up)... XD It is also a word which I my self strongly dislike, and do everything possible to not use it... So, I don't include that song on any of my playlists on my phone, or on my computer or anything, just in case someone where to hear it being played... and just in case so I don't accidentally blurt out the word, because the song and it's beat and flow and all that can pull you with it, and you don't want to suddenly burts out in that songs chorus, especialy not amongst people... could make things a bit awkward of you did... XD

I still to this day shake my head, and wonder what they where thinking when they made that song... I mean they where a bunch of 4 Swedish and Norwegian white dudes after all... but I do still appretiate what they where trying to say with the song. It was a song of it's time I guess, and I doubt it could have been made today without people geting mad about it. None the less though, from what I know, they almost always included "that song" in every concert they played... so I guess they are not afraid to play it... XD

Anyway... I just wanted to put some info behind the thing, so people can understand the intent and all that behind the group and the songs they make. XD

Last edited:
Schwefelgelb - Im Wasser

Schwefelgelb - Das Ärmellose Hemd

Schwefelgelb - Stillhalten

Schwefelgelb - Um Meine Haut

Top Bottom