Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I dislike in some games is that they force us in a battle mode and, on top of that, that mode is slower than the normal mode and we can't interact with anything.
So what I'm asking that the game let me run away easier from random fights, and if you want some kind of disavantage for not be in a battle mode while there's enemies attacking, reduce the defenses.

Last edited:
I would seriously love to see cyberspace / decking get more attention and detailed, well done implementation. It's one of the coolest aspects of cyberpunk and is barely acknowledged seriously in most things that label themselves cyberpunk, outside of literature. There's so much potential. I would love it if the game had an option to use a VR headset for decking. It would only have to be used for decking and it could be optional anyway, but I think it would be a really appropriate and immersive way to address jacking in to cyberspace. It would really help the cyberpunk world come to life and make a decker feel like they're REALLY decking. Finally the future is here. Make a special edition vive cyberdeck bundle even, that would be sweet.

I've said a lot about game mechanics in this thread already, so I'll put something about narrative for a change, even though I know it's too late at this point for CP2077.

I'd like an RPG where the narrative was free to roam and the game was designed to respond to player whim. With that, I'd like a story, a personal story, that uses symbolism and philosophical (and psychological) thinking as its core on unraveling the mystery and meaning of life itself for what ever that might mean to any individual in as much detail as can be provided with the medium, rather than putting the player on a straightforward mission to do an exact deed. Let the player explore and decide the the characters purpose in the world and have him suffer the consequence accordingly. Let the player explore and experience the different views of life and morality in a less straightforward way. And get "arthouse" about it.

And since CDPR is a "cinematic" developer, take cues for them from masters of cinematic artistry like Tarkovsky or Von Trier or Bergman.

This scene is magical in it's complex simplicity:

[video=youtube;rL-0-lxv40M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL-0-lxv40M[/video]

This is cinema at its most beautiful (the symbolism should be clear if you've seen the movie):

For example.

Here is my ideas for a good RPG Game:

1. "Meaningful Choices" - I wanna be able to impact the game with the choices I make, create a new history, see the game change due to the actions that I take, npc's interactions, quests, my charatcer fame and etc. Immersion just takes a whole new level and you start to "live" in the world instead of just "going with it" because you feel that what you do actually matters and that makes you care about it a lot more.
2. "In-Depth Customization" - Customization helps you immerse in the game, so I wanna be able to customer everything, my character, my guns, my cars, my whaterver you get on this game to my liking as much as possible. This makes me feel good and brings a sense of personal individuality when playing the game, being able to do that IS A MUST and you get hooked, you feel satisfied, happy, like being pridefull that your Black Augmented Batman just eliminated 10 enemies with his Black and Red Neon shotgun, Just being close to such customization level would make me wanna play it, guarantee.
3."Game Mechanics" - OK, since you guys are taking your sweet time, here....GUNS - swimming, Shoot guns, drive cars bikes Helicopters planes bikes motorcylces jet pack, Aim down the sighs with guns an all types of guns please, like shotguns, snipers, assault rifles, rail guns, launchers, hand guns, everything, heck you can even put a cool looking electric augmented sword. FIGHT - I wanna fight, so I got to be able to do some Martial Arts please, not the same one punch crappy mechanic or knife stab, give me a proper fight mechanic when up close. WORLD - I got to interact with the space you created deeply, that means getting into houses, breaking stuff like walls, and floor IS A MUST, get inside other peoples cars, their bank accounts, their life story, heck make it so I can get a HOUSE please! Make it so I can create my space, my security system in the house, my cars guns. I want variety and dept.
4."Progression" - I want to progress with my character, see his Strengh stats go up, see his level go up, see my guns being upgraded and their dmg stats go up. Make an in-depth progression system where I can mold my character to my liking making him fast and agile, please dont give me someone that i cant tinker with, it will ruin the immersion cuz you cant create "your ideal main" you basically stuck with what youve been given and RPG games are about living in your own way. You guys provide the settings and tools, the history, and we "live in our own way" in your world, please respect our individuality and imagination and dont force the gamers to live in your vision of "how this game should be played", I hope you understand this cuz 95% of the gaming industry doesnt, which is sad, like lootboxes.
5. "MICROTRANSACTIONS" - Lol no Lootboxes or microtransactions. Again, 95% of the gaming insdustry doesnt get it and I know cuz money is easy with this Gambling adictive action. We respect paying for expansions, PROPER expansions, not stuff that Clearly wasnt added to the game or is just silly to pay for. Make it big and make it fat, give me content. If you send a DLC with stuff that when you see you noticed that it sholulf have been included in the game, oh boi....It makes me upset and angry.
6. "Multiplayer" - Lol we need multiplayer, good multiplayer please. Gives missions, Strike zones on which you can basically go to war with NPC's and Games. Gives us Modes like Capture the flag, make so you can join someone elses world, Tournaments, TRADING you stuff or selling it on in-game market to Players and npc's.
7."A LIVING WORLD" - So I want things to develop in the world and NPC's to act. Get someone's brother of the person I eliminated on the streets to come to me and say "You killed my sister in that last attack, now, i take something from you" then he attempts to kill my partner...Make it so stuff happens and we actually think that npc's are living people and not nice looking zombies.

Ok, so this is some of the stuff that I would like to see i Cyberpunk 2077. It would be great if all of this is in the game but we will see. Im a fan cuz I see the care and work put in your games. Companies are dumbing games down, reducing the amount of detail put. Please see a comparison made on Farcry 2 vs Farcry 5 posted on youtube by Crowbcat and you will see that the games and having less details and this breaks immersion. You are a shining Light amist these greedy publishers on which are not hiding their true intentions and gamers clearly see for what they are, people that dont respect our children or generation, that implemented predatory practises and mechanics that take away our fun and immersion and pushes us to our wallets, you want money, do it fairly like how we work hard for it ourselfs, boi I cant even look at Bungie at this moment...

Hope CD Projekt Red is succesfull with its new IP and becomes the biggest gaming company in the world. You guys have my respect and support because I see care, passions, and most of all, RESPECT to gamers. Your Tweet about "Leaving greed to others" had balls, but you guys have good facts to back it up, you hear EA or Ubisoft or Bungie say that you start laughing, but sadly, they make most of the "good" games of today, so you put up with it with a sad look in your face Cuz there is nothing else is there, when can I play a nice looking Star Wars game ? ....

CD PROJEKT RED is every gamers favority company. Keep up the good work guys, This game is in my list of Pre-orders.

Kindest Regards,
Lukas

Last edited:
I posted this in another thread, but it's really more of this threads material.

I'd like a game that looked pretty much like satellite reign and allowed that kind of gameplay (though with different combat and far, far richer interactivity to the world and far, far more RPG systems to meddle with... CP2020 rules...),

but which also allowed and occasional, "for vanity" or gameplay contextual glimpse down on the street level (like if you enter a bar, or are observing a situation at a vantage point, or just want to look around for a while) -- also allowing opportunities on the gameplay side not present with the high up camera.

This, so as to prevent, or mitigate, the numbness that comes from the presentation always coming off the same way and to keep gameplay versatile and interesting through lesser repetition.

Please please please please make it so we can choose 3rd person over the shoulder like witcher. My vision is limited and I cannot deal with FPS only, and there would not be able to purchase CP2077

In the year 2077 the Shaman must be alive and well. This is a person who is able to transcend the dimensional confines of cultural existence. The acquisition of a relationship to a discarnate intelligence is the precondition for authentic shamanism. The emergence of artificial intelligence into society will no doubt seek first contact with such a mind.

A game like Cyberpunk 2077 can explore the idea that language limits us. We think in words and culture's defining of what words mean transduce them into three-dimensional projections that we all accept as being objects and physical matter. By the year 2077, interactive technologies (ie. "Virtual Reality") should permit one to push beyond any barrier that's imposed upon one's consciousness by the culture he or she prescribes to. The ultimate goal of cyberspace will be to birth your own soul, to turn inside out what was before thought to be the physical body. Our experience becomes totally dirigible and fully commanded by the imagination. Within worlds built of light we can express our thoughts as four-dimensional, hyperspatial objects so others can literally see what we mean. This is the idea of transcendence: it's as if humans are only a stepping stone between Nature and a fully realized expression of our potential through computer technology. One could view technological advance as a doorway into other realms or dimensions that only become available once we are able to imagine them. We cannot go where thought has not built a road. The game could include a character that believes they are in communication with hyper-dimensional beings. A whole underground cult could be forming around this character who has become a Shaman (a fully realized being). This person would claim to have precognitive abilities and hacking skills bordering on the paranormal. These emergent abilities allows them to stay one step ahead of corporations as well as to steal their secrets which would be used to control the people who the Shaman serves.

There should be a Terence McKenna- (and/or Alan Watts-) type character in the game. Either an artificially intelligent construct that's a combination of all the greatest philosophical minds in human history, or a person who is portrayed as being Shamanistic. Players can find this entity or person and have as much or as little interaction as is desired. But the point would be to explore extremely deep, philosophical ideas; for example, such questions as, "What would life be like without the influence of culture?" And, "Is this something that human beings can even imagine being how truly influenced we are by culture? "What would a reality outside of culture even look like?" Marrying flesh with technology might be the key to understanding and to unleashing the mind's full potential [ie. upgrading beyond matter (the brain) as a processing platform]. An idea about how memory must even be mediated by language and thus can be hacked so that it flows forward, not just simply backward. This character would say things like, "The new vision of ourselves is not as matter or energy but as information. The ego is a cultural invention and is not a concomitant to a real expression of what we must become."

Without something like this I am afraid Cyberpunk 2077 cannot amount to anything much greater than a game like Destiny which has been turned into a gambling simulator. Destiny supports and actively encourages addictive behavior and does not do what a game should do if it is created by people who are compassionate beings. Any game of worth must address boundary dissolution and the liberation from those forces which would prevent exploration of the meaning of human experience. The culmination of our effort in time will be the perfection and the release of the human soul. Let Cyberpunk 2077 be a game capable of elevating the mind. Will no one remember or even ask the question of what it means to be a human being in the year 2077? Will no Shamans exist in culture? Who would want to live in a future without hope?

McKenna would say that the psychedelic experience is the only way to find enlightenment but why can't a game such as this mirror the psychedelic journey to some extent by allowing us to experience freedom by dissolving boundaries--thoughts cannot go where the roads of language have not been built--and so to put us in a situation where it feels as though we are moving beyond words. What would a totally open-ended system of expression feel like? Could a character in this game not be trying to find out? He or she or they would be attempting to create their own culture; a quantum-culture composed of pure light, of pure imagination.

I would love to see a character mimic Terence McKenna in your game. That would be what I would consider true innovation.

Last edited:
My #1 ask for Cyperpunk would be to learn from the mod Ghost Mode and its siblings Friendly HUD and Friendly Stash. Wasteland Ghost's mods makes the huge pile of superb W3 content playable without being wildly over-leveled after the first 20% of the story. When I first played the game on release, I got to Skellige and about level 25 and got bored. I just added Ghost Mode etc to my installation and the game is just transformed, from a great game with flaws to a perfect completionist's playground. I'm playing on Blood and Bones with enemy/quest XP sliders at 80% of default. I have all Map Markers done with the story complete into Skellige at level 18, and I've done all the level-appropriate side quests I've hit, yet I'm still tracking to the suggested quest levels.

Assuming CP2077 is to be larger than W3, something like this is going to be a must have for me to enjoy the game, with my 'question mark' and side quest OCD. One of the great joys of the game (now) is stumbling across a map marker than's leveled a bit above me but doable, and taking out something that is a real challenge, getting that one crafting item you need for the next level of Potion X, or Decoction Y. Now I can do that without ruining the story line quests. Perfection.

Also Friendly Stash (with Roach as stash) because inventory management and alchemy is just a huge chore when I have to track back to a stash every time. Friendly HUD for immersion.

Nobody's forced to use these things if they are determined to stay true to the vanilla experience, but as options they make a great game near-perfect. These mods emphasize the fun parts of the game while staying true to the developer's vision of the core systems, in my view. At the very least, please make CP2077 equally moddable, so that if these things cannot be done or are not desired for other reasons, someone can patch them in post release.

Or, just hire Wasteland Ghost to do this work in the game ahead of shipping.

Generated missions / quests you can complite in different ways...

Anarchy Online was on right track with these. You got these missions to do in instanced complexes (so you could take friend with you or do solo). The missions where generated, so they where bit different everytime. They could have been assasinations, steal items, etc. But the brilliant part was that, you didnt have to kill everyone in linear line to the target. You could sneak past with your stealth, avoid security cameras, hit the target and run out. Some classes where so fast that they runned trought and killed the target. Some where so strong that they just bulldozed their way around.

Now taking in to count that we might/most likely have healing classes, hacker classes, etc. in this game. So I'd say that same idea but expand the objective and the generated area amount. Lets say that you need to extract someone with sickness from dangerous place for the medical insurance firm. You'd need firepower or stealth to get there and back. But the mission rewards would come only if you completed the extraction, preferably with medical skills to keep him alive. Multible stand alone skenarios like that.

And the loot... If theres weapon crate, moneyz, etc. lying around there... finders keepers.

And this would replace the "go get 3 bananans and kill 7 monkeys for bonus" static quests a la WoW.

And mayby some reputation thing too; If you fail these, you get less jobs or have to pay collaterals and when you complete a lot, you get more work, better rewards and employment benefits/discounts.

This is also teamplay possibility. Some players might work their way into good side of employer and get team missions. In that, they would need to recruit ohters to help them complete them.

And in this too, not so that you throw 4-5 randoms together and say "kill everyone", but instead one has mission and he looks for hired hands and others offer themsefs to work (in exchange of pay).

I'd rather spend 30mins to do one quest than run trought the same dungeon for 12th time, doing the exact same thing (in yeat another mmorpg).

Zhihti;n10883741 said:
...I'd rather spend 30mins to do one quest than run trought the same dungeon for 12th time, doing the exact same thing (in yeat another mmorpg).

Totally agreed for a single-player experience. This is also one of the things I'm allowing myself to feel a bit of hype for. TW3's approach to side-quests, having each be a small, memorable narrative in-and-of themselves, was one of my absolute favorite parts of the game, and it just added so much to the experience once you realized there were going to be no, simple, FedEx or kill-the-foozle quests. I can't imagine they'd set such a successful aspect of the experience aside.

Hey,
I guess it is kinda late, but for fun, inspiration or whatever:

"Dynamically showing events/quests"
To keep it simple - nowadays in most of RPG's player goes through map, sees some event mark on minimap, goes there, accepts quest, plays through and finishes it and moves on.
It' all cool, but it happens that player gets like 10 (feel free to replace with number of your liking) or more events accepted in and is kinda lost, or prioritizes, or maybe rejects some quests, or maybe doesn't care too much about story, etc...

Maybe it would be nice to create something like neuron site, which handles how often is new content available for player - meaning like visible, acceptable as quest in the world.
There would be UI element - like some wheel, or switch in the corner of screen - and player could turn this higher, if he wants more events to happen, and less/shutdown for events not to happen (at all).
If turned on, it could blink for player to see, if new content is available nearby.

This could add to replaybility, story immersion, could change gameplay length,... ;
but I guess, there would need to be more content, because if player runs out of quests and turns this UI switch on, then I guess he expects to find new events quickly to not get bored.

"Async events"
This is second thing. It was done nicely, but with bugs in Kingdom Come. As I believe it works is that it kinda postpones some events in quests and then asynchronously pops it to player,
like some timed consequence, adding some depth for player to think that there are some background interactions of NPC's and that the world actually lives.

It could be nice that this UI event tracker mentioned in previous point could also handle these async events by player preference.

The ability to choose body parts to punch people in. Face, stomach, arm, crotch, etc.

Cybernetic fists with shotguns built in that fire when someone punches.

Specialized shotgun ammo, like rocksalt and tasers.

An idea for Cyberpunk 2077:

A magnet-like weapon that removes enemies' cyberwares that are made of iron/steel, and kills them in the gory process or at least hurts them a lot.

Love what you did with the fleshed out side quests in witcher 3. To me, they were at least as important as the main quest and they formed the basis of my rants to others when recommending the game.

Immersive soundscape is also important to drawing you in and keeping you coming back.

If crafting is a big part of the game.... Design the menus to be readily accessible and make it easy to see how many items you have of something and how many you need. Please also make the type face scalable from the outset. Nothing worse than squinting at the TV when trying to read your inventory/ spell list etc.

Give me options on how to deal with problems/quests/scenarios and give me consequences that actually mean something. To the story or character relationships or that just make you think. The Baron side quest in witcher 3 is a perfect example of this.

Let me interact with characters from the most inconsequential to the most important. Some of those back stories are the incredibly poignant and stay with you long after the game.

Keep making equipment and weapons leveled and upgradable. Also having perks for sets of matched gear that fits your playstyle. Making the choice to hang on to a piece of gear to upgrade or swap it out for new items keeps it fresh.

You guys keep up the great work and I for one will definitely keep coming back and spreading the good word.

I don't know if the producers read this and if the game isn't in too far stadium of making, but I have some ideas. These are the things I really want in cyberpunk and can't image this game without:

— System of buying or (what better suits games world) renting flats, rooms. And most importantly, it must be possible to buy things into the room, arrange, change the appearance, etc. A rental system must exist, if we do not pay it, we will get throw out, lose things, or bring the police to ourselves. It would be good if the interactions were complex (obviously), but not only in conversations with characters, but also with things so that in such room you could brew an instant soup,take a shower, play with a hologram, not just sit down, but throw a chair etc. I hope that the city will be very vertical and from the rooms it will be possible to go out, for example on the 120th floor and climb the building, walk around the cornice, jump into a flying car, something like in the 5th element.

— The city of course must be vertical and skyscrapers must be very high. The most important the scale must be good, that even if you not climb skyscraper but only flying i car, you must feel and see that everything is still very high, big, and long distance. Not like 5 seconds and here we are on the top. It must be at least 4-5 times bigger than normal buildings and skyscrapers.

— I expect that in the game there will be always night, or at least it will be 3-4 times longer than the day.

— An extensive system of buying various things, trading them and customization, for example watches, weapons, holograms, clothes, minerals, valuable things like real plants, etc. Missions with smuggling and trading in various dark alleys, underground den, or expensive premises on the top floors of skyscrapers, casinos. Missions, where we have to steal something, stealth, escape, chases, etc.

— Having own pet, for example, various types of robots (small fitting in the pocket and big), intelligent holograms following us, or humanoid robots in the form of a woman, all them having they own character, talking to us, helping in some situations, missions, etc. It will be cool, if there were missions focusing about this.

— Ability to make your own story, not only following paths. For example making friends, romances and your own situations, that npc and friends will remember and relate to this in the future. Like saying to you, what scary stunt you've done, or that they not make a deal with you because of you killing some npc or you buy products of company that she don't like etc. Reacting and remembering what you've done as a player, playing around.

— It would have been a dream if a system (not refined in games for years but so great) of free conversations had been introduced.

— The ability to drive flying vehicles and participating in various types of illegal races. It would be great if several missions would be about it.

— Ability to have sex and control during.

— Ability to parkour.

— Full polish dubbing and text in game.

— A lot of hidden places, interesting rooms that the player could discover freely by visiting the city, eg. Entering a room-bunker through the well behind a dustbin in a dark alley etc. There would be a number of such places and in each player will find something useful or information (left by gang members) or items.

— The possibility of a wide adjustment of all things, clothes, etc. and the opportunity to enter all buildings, rooms (if we do not have a pass, eg. possibility of burglary) and use things inside, such as playing casino, ordering and drinking alcohol at the bar, buying virtual sensations etc.

— Location outside the city, a large garbage dump, where the poorest and worst social layers live, large mountains of scrap, papers and soil, all the time combed by robots that if find a man, will kill him, that's why these people are hiding all the time among scrap etc. And they can not enter the city, they are doomed to live in this garbage dump. I see this in big scale, gray colors, fog, feeling of danger, noises and stomping robots.

— Getting information about the world and recent changes from buying and reading newspapers (like in 1 person view, it could be something like in harry potter with moving pictures but done with technology).

— Being able to get job (different like taxi driver, director, seller, pimp, cleaner ect.) or create own company, business and employ people. Being able to not pay them, and get in trouble, many options. But everything in normal gameplay doing things, talking to people, not just clicking in manager.

— Locations such as brothels and robo brothels; amusement park skyscraper; virtual reality cinema; factory and lab center (like in the movie I robot); the tunnel's underground; water pumping station; flying fast foods with drive through for flying cars; a large digital library with a robot giving answers to all questions, but only this approved by government and if you asked something not right its getting saved to the system.

Shortly I can say that I want game like GTA, but with an even more open world, more interaction, more advanced physics, more advanced artificial intelligence and a conversation system, more things to do, but all in the cyberpunk universe. And I really do not care about the main story, I just want a lot of smaller missions combined with each other and with many endings, but the main way of playing will be free gaming (doing random, choosen things, not following the story) for me, not following the main story, as in GTA. Therefore, it would be good if these smaller missions and their connections were different and good separately, without having to go through other to get to know the story.

Last edited:
A moral struggle, a really difficult set of choices to make in missions/quest or in general gameplay that really make the player ask themselves what the right answer is and what will the consequences of these actions will be. In addition to this, I think there should atleast be small reactions throughout the world for these actions, for example, you get into a taxi and the radio is on and its reporting on the story and talks about what the player did and if it was the right thing to do etc. like did you really need to kill that old woman? :p

EDIT: Also, really damn cyberpunky music with some post-rock for the soundtrack, or a general radio system like in GTA V. This will help make the game more immersive in my opinion

Another point is that for visuals that truly reflect cyberpunk in its nature there needs to be gore.

Last edited:
About my previous post and part about scale. I don't know if you see VR game called Blade Runner 2049: Memory Lab, but this game is example of bad scaling of buildings to players size. Please look how small, and awful buildings looks when he flies in his car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGLkqMl5Apg
This just doesn't look right. So don't do that this way.

Also, there is good article on games radar, about Cyberpunk 2077 with I agree completely. Mostly about first 3 points:

— Cyberpunk 2077 has to have great hacking (or none at all)

— Cyberpunk 2077 has to actually be punk

— Cyberpunk 2077 has to have weird fashion

Please, read the explanation and justification for these points. The whole article: https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-2077-release-date-trailer-gameplay/

Last edited:
My greatest wish for Cyberpunk 2077, or any game for that matter, is a focus on ludonarrative dissonance.

Specifically, what I'd like to see in Cyberpunk 2077 is:

- Objects/items placed/spawned in areas/containers where they would logically and practically be found. Meaning I don't want to find health items or food in a garbage bin and then proceed to use/eat them.

- If the player already spoken to an NPC, and asks them about something they've already been asked about, the NPC should, at best, start getting annoyed and, at worst, be pissed off at the player's perceived stupidity/lack of attention.

Little things like those I've described above would greatly address ludonarrative dissonance in Cyberpunk 2077, and I'd love to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom