Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cyberpunk 2077 needs a little competition between players. I'm sure something is already planned, but I feel a highly polished "mini-game" that allows players to compete against each other would be beneficial. I somewhat understand the limitations of having a system like this in addition to everything else this game is trying to achieve, but think of the psychological effect on the player. It is going to feel a little weird running around in this cyberpunk world without a little connectivity to other players. An example would be players hacking each other in order to steal funds, or tech. When you hack for funds there could be a monetary penalty for failing. When you hack for tech you might risk having your abilities or stats altered in your own single player game. This system could be limited to only a few uses within a set window of time, so players don't feel obligated to abuse it. Also, if a player doesn't want to get hacked they could turn on some sort of firewall in their inventory (assuming the game is oriented to player immersion). Regardless, I'm sure this game is going to be the only thing I play for years.

Happy developing!

Ebonwolf's idea is interesting and makes me think that two (or more) players could agree and arrange a time to competitively complete a mission.

Think of it like two separate teams are trying to break into some Corp's data vault or tech lab or such. First player to successfully complete the mission wins the objective of the mission and perhaps a little bonus, while the losing teams have to fight their way out to survive. Not strictly PvP, but it has that element of fierce competition you'll find in Night City.

Guest 4187741

Dream RPG...
I reference System shock 1 many times in this because it has many features that are not present in many games and i believe there is a lot that can be learned from it.

TL;DR: (I've numbered them for easier reading)
1. In System Shock 1(enhanced edition) there was a button for changing between hud and mouse look. It made the hud feel so alive and responsive and it feels like using a futuristic projector screen or the like. An interactive interface (interactive hud).
2. Also, It would be nice to have controls fit the game rather than the game fit the controls.
"What actions require the most attention [in controls]?"(RightClick = Use/UseItem, Etc.) rather than "What controls are most agreed upon [in actions]?"(RightClick = Aim, Ctrl = Crouch, Etc.)
3. Customizable hud. or perhaps different presets. changing colors. for me its the little things like the hud which can make or break an immersion, and i think the idea of lightly modifying your hud like you could in SS1, you can always choose what screens are being showed on the bottom and the top. and change them at any point.

This may not seem like a suggestion as much as food for thought, but:
I've played quite a few games, like anyone who's probably on this forum. but something that happens in every generation is an evolution of the controls.
for both good and bad. Recently games like Thief 1 and System Shock 1 were ones i've played. And the controls were very different (Especially in SS1). Usually I'd change the controls to something more comfy that I'm used to, but these controls were revolutionary to me. They were awkward but because that they had more of a "What actions require the most attention in controls?" rather than "What controls are most agreed upon?". E.g. SS1 had a button for toggle between hud and mouse look. It made the hud feel so alive and responsive.
It would be nice to have controls fit the game rather than the game fit the controls.

If you've read through this, then Thank you for reading this and I hope this stays as food for thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guest 4187741

RLKing1969;n9320891 said:
Oh, just got a killer idea. I have heard that they are planning to make it where you can print out your C.P character of gaming use. Well, here's the idea: When the character achieves a goal or has an incident occur, it is "transferred" on to the Character sheet/becomes part of the character bio. That would be freaking rad!!!!!!

The idea of your actions going into your bio would be a really cool and interesting feature.
So if you commit a crime, your bio will have said crime in there, this could really work well with a form of karma system or police

Guest 4187741

Hopperruss;n9311321 said:
Hello! I'm very much new to this forum, so If i make any mistakes, I apologize in advance.

The first thing I'd like to suggest is character customization. For example, changing hairstyle and hair color, or the physical appearance of the player, such as height and weight, that kind of stuff. This sort of customization really adds into the immersion that you ( yourself in front of the computer who have just created the character ) are actually experiencing Night City as a reality, which makes the player enjoy the game a lot more. I'd love to experience a cyberpunk city myself.

The second thing I'd love to be added into the game is little bits of elements of survival. I remember Mike Pondsmith on his thoughts on Cyberpunk 2077 saying the sentence "Cyberpunk is not about saving humanity, it's about saving yourself." which might hint some element of survival in Night City, but instead of turning the game from a role-playing game into a survival game, make the survival aspect of the game a somewhat low priority and more interesting, so it won't affect the player's urge for adventure and exploration, but surviving in the city will help you through your journey. Also, some bartending and hacking action in this game would be nice, maybe bartending would give you some bonuses in completing quests and hacking would give you access to certain things which can help you survive.

The third thing I'd suggest is to make the city a lot more darker and ominous. Maybe rare occasions of sunlight and a large amount of neon lights filling up the streets would be nice.

Lastly, I wish you guys good luck in the development of Cyberpunk 2077 and hope to hear from you guys soon!
Cheers from Hong Kong!

Being a bartender can perhaps increase talking/speaking traits/skills and it can be a good way to hear rumors. Who needs to ask the bartender if you ARE the bartender.

BlizzardWyvern;n9343661 said:
Being a bartender can perhaps increase talking/speaking traits/skills and it can be a good way to hear rumors. Who needs to ask the bartender if you ARE the bartender.

That's a pretty neat idea. I remember in the Fallout series, one of my favorite elements is that you can keep increasing your speech and access certain options and dialogue which otherwise you would not be able to do so, in turn for that you get different outcomes and endings. So I'm thinking maybe being a bartender could enhance the speech element in the game and improves relations with other citizens and factions, which in turn could change the entire outcome of how you approach the city, for example just like you said, hearing rumors that can and may lead to very extraordinary conclusions and maybe also gain a couple of powerful augments and items or so, and in my opinion that's pretty interesting on its own. But there is one thing to keep in mind, I absolutely love the idea of being a bartender at a cyberpunk themed bar, but the thing is when you get a job in a game, most likely you'll be spending a bunch of time doing that job to get money and stuff to sustain living in a harsh environment, which could be a massive wall that blocks off the player's urge and mobility to explore, but I'm not really sure whether this will or will not happen. Other than that, bartending would be a very nice job to have in the game.

All things generic are hurting RPGs. Make sure every single detail that can be hand-placed is. Make side quests as interesting as main quest, if possible let em blend so player cant distinguish. RPG is all about immersion thats why sandbox ones became boring after a while. Witcher 3 was great but there is one thing that you can avoid in Cyberpunk to make it even better. Although points of interests had unique equipment they are generic fillers that you kinda fixed in latest expansion and gave it final meaning with consequence. Either avoid em or even better don't mark them on map. It would be even more immerse to find em through pure exploration of the world.

First time I imagined a Cyberpunk videogame I thought in a big sandbox of Night City with a lot of dark pubs, dangerous ghettos, huge corporation buildings, and a lot of city life in the streets. You could walk or drive everywhere and to talk to everybody, get inside of any shop, and get lost and suffer any aleatorial accident because the city is big and strange things occur everywhere anytime.

First off, I loved The Witcher 3 and in general I'm an RPG gamer, (NWN, Mass Effect Trilogy, Jade Empire, Witcher 3 and many other games)
Now if I could change something in the games I played in the past, it would come down to the same type of action.
In Mass Effect, knowing the Quarians living on spaceships, when I came across a freighter that was drifting in space, I was thinking 'I wish I could give this ship to the Quarian people.
In The Witcher 3, seeing all those poor people, I wish I could help them out, give food, shelter or money.
I was happy to be able to renovate the vine yard in Blood and Wine however I would have liked to also renovate the housing of the people working on the vineyard

Helping others would give me a greater satisfaction.

[Sard Edit: Comment deleted. First, we're avoiding negative suggestions. Second, we also don't say things like that. Third, you have saddened the Ponies. Don't do that.]

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Every game i mean RPG like GTA etc.... have same problems like you cannot enter all buildings - I like to enter every building.
2. Fly fly and Fly! must be Fly option.
3. Jobs i want to choose my job etc.....
4. Guilds? Groups? Like "Assassins" etc etc..... You select your Guild like Skyrim games.
5. Ammo? It's future game right? so ammo should be auto going back? You just recive ammunition per seconds by energy from wep?
6. I want to see ppls everywhere!
7. I want nice places to play? Park? game center? Cinema? hm?( :
8. Girlfriend in game! and own house which you can upgrade manually and bought other houses.
9. economics where you can buy building like bank , hospital,shop etc etc and upgrate it . that building make money for you?
10. You can build your own group of NPC who working for you and help to fight with missions? guard your house, villa etc..... ^.^.
11. My own garage super cars with upgrades. Races!.
12. Player and moving should be easy to climb on towers, buildings etc......
13. City in night for this game should be ultra good. that neaos colors etc......
14. Go with your friend to bar cinama etc... Just use telephone.
15. New sci-fi game? HMM? nice S.C.-fi taxi without driver. also Teleporters.
16. You own spaceship? ^.^
17. Big , biggest map in the world!!!!! Gta,Skyrim, etc has not map for me! I want biggest map in the world!!!!!
18. Weapons : Good are new future weapons but that game needs weapons [traps] helping you in mission and you need to use your brain for it.
19. You can create your own family.
20. You super own weaponyry hidden in wall and it will open and shock you so much ( : .
21. Mafias groups 3,4,5,6,7 maybe 7 mafias? who gifhting on the maps? You can be mafia member for get protect and got option to call reinforcments also you can upgrade these options by mafia reputation?
22. Same as mafia you can be police member upgrade your vehlice and you can theft cars with use your police badge to don't make attention on you by police man"s.

23. You ask me for more my number ideas are 9999999999999999999999999999+ you cannot stop me.

I think a fun way to make the city more fluid would be to add some sort of free running element to the game. One of my favorite things about CDPR games is the insane level of detail everywhere you go. Encouraging players to explore alleyways and rooftops will show off more areas of Night City that may not have been discovered otherwise. Fluid transitioning between running on the ground to climbing up buildings and jumping between rooftops would do wonders to increase the level of immersion players experience.

There could perhaps be some sort of style diversion for free running ("diversion" referencing the various mini-games and side activities in games like the Saints Row and GTA franchises.) There's no point of massive open-world environments if they're not bursting at the seams with side quests/mini-games/other non-main-questline related activities. Give us a lot to do outside of the story.

A couple of other things that I would really like to see is some sort of advanced, hand-to-hand combat system -- with many different attack and defense animations so combat never feels stale or repetitive -- as well as environmental kill moves that change based on your surroundings. I love the slow-motion effect in TW3 before kills and counters.

An upgrade system that adds new abilities and animations (such as the whirling blade fast attack upgrade in TW3 having an alternate attack animation, alternate sign modes, etc...) would make upgrades more rewarding and exciting. Watching your character learn and visually change is an awesome experience that I thoroughly enjoyed in TW3. A combo system for chaining together different attacks and abilities without sacrificing combat fluidity could be pretty cool as well.

I have at least 437 more ideas floating around my head but that's all I got for starters. Please keep us as updated on progress as you deem appropriate; I haven't gone more than 3 minutes without thinking of CP77 in a month and am dying for new info.

Hi I'm new to these parts, I love cd projekt red, (I apologize for my English) what I would like to find in the game ... so let's see:

- Show in third person (in a rpg you have to see your hero, and admire his equipment etc ..)
- Personalization of the Character during creation, with as many elements as possible, different races and gender and with realistic graphics such as the one seen in the witcher 3 wild hunt. (cartoon graphics no! please!)
- A fantastic story
- an emotional soundtrack
- Localization of subtitles in all languages ​​(where the game will be played)
- Interactive gaming environment
- focus on exploring the game map
- The combat system should be based on actions, not on skill with a countdown, etc. with defined roles
- intuitive control, both with the gamepad and with keyboard and mouse
- text chat can also be done with balloon
- Deep but not stressful crafting system, and material gathering
- the story of the game must be shaped by the player according to the choices made possible by the dialogues
- Possibility to create a family with npc
- Some puzzles to complete some quests are welcome
- a lot of quests
- various activities and mini-games
- a house for our character
- a true balanced PVP
- no purchase of in-game items, with real money

I'm not a game developer, but I've been playing for so many years, I hope I can play a fantastic game that only cd project can do.
Thank you!

A post on reddit talking about riding an elevator to a penthouse suite made me realize that I really hope there are a lot of places we can own or rent and not just predefined places. I want to choose my own place to stay, not have a limited predefined one. Like you can go around and look for sale or forclosure signs and buy a house, or a loft, or penthouse apartment..etc. Then customize how the place looks.

I have said much here already, and I'm just dropping off some additional stuff from the forum where it'll eventually drown into obscurity... But all this is relevant to the topic of "Your ideas for a dream RPG".

So I have a couple - just a couple for now - of ideas regarding making the world a bit more active place for the player and the playercharacter whoever he might be at any given runthrough. This is all, I'd think, somewhat unusual in games today, but in my books that's only a good thing. Break the conventions and do something out of the ordinary. And something to keep in mind, none of this is meant to be something the player is required to tackle if he/she doesn't want to, just something to possibly occupy the player with at idle moments. Also, if you decide to read this all and possibly even comment, don't get stuck on details, this is just broad strokes stuff here not "exactly like this or bust". Mind the typos.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently suggested something of a "text adventure" type building exploration to make the prop buildings and their lifeless doorways a bit more meaningful to the player, I mean... it's nice to look at a drawing of a door on a render of a building and all, I'm sure people stare at the all the time for how awesome they are, but certainly in a "game" it would be preferable to have it interactive interactive in some way, no?

Of course in huuuuge city, making everything physically enterable along with all else that's going on in the game is next to impossible, and also stupid and pointless a endeavor. RPG's have always had some level of abstraction, and I don't think such would hurt here either. So... Link the otherwise uninteractive doors as gates to a sort of text based minigame (not unlike those text adventure phases in Pillar of Eternity, but less prosaic and more stylized for Cyberpunk).

The first part is entering. The player steps in front of a door and a tooltip might say [Locked], the player then presses RMB and a small dropdown (or radial) menu appears giving the available options. Here it might be something like:
- Pick lock [related skill check] (or Hack if the door is electric)
- Force [str.feat check]
- Knock/Doorbell [Luck check] (randomly pressing buzzers and somebody might open the remote lock and let you in; they might also call the cops though)
Failing picking or forcing will reinforce the buildings security mechanisms and you have to come back some other time. Failing persuasion checks might build up and at some point the denizens might get suspicous on who's ringing peoples buzzers one at a time, and they'll call the cops, time to run away. Or something to that effect.

The difficulty of entrance would depend on the zone in the city. I.e. some high tech skyscrapers might require retinal or DNA scan so only a real pro can manage those (let alone what's inside).

The second part is, well... Once you enter a building via what ever method, there's a timer that starts (a couple of minutes, real time). You are trespassing in a building without anyones invitation or recognition, someone will eventually notice you skulking around. It might be a bit gamey, but I don't think it matters here, it just represents that you can't go in without risk and tension. Anyway, if there are several floors in the building, you have to choose which to go. The higher you go the less time you have, the more difficult it is and the more rewarding the results might be (or might not, nothing's certain).

After choosing the floor you have a choice of apartments (few of them). With each door you can
- Evesdrop [Awareness/notice check; if 0 there little chance of hearing anything]
- Bust in [Strength feat check; if 0 you can not do it]
- Pick lock [skill check; if 0 you can not do it]
Evesdropping tells you if the denizens are there at the moment (the higher the skill the more certain you can be of it), and what they might doing; you might hear a muffled fight, a television program, a phone, a videoconversation, someone getting shot, people having sex... it can produce little bits of trivia on the citizens and their moods in general, and perhaps even some kind of investigative intrigue if the guy in apartment #97 at Mercystreet 1 hates the bitch in apartmet #66 in Arasaka Square 29, maybe something can be done with that (a kind of a random task to look at when there's time -- weren't some people here for random unlimited tasks? Here's a possibility for that in a manner that's not about killing or fetching stuff for someone, but doing shit on your own initiative -- and if the result is blood, maybe you can read in on the papers, or perhaps you hear talk about your current [major NPC] acquaintance that can be of use with him/her....).

If you go in (busting the door will give you an instant time penalty as people hear it; lockpicking is silent, but that's not immediate either, i.e. three attempts might be costlier timewise than the penalty from kicking the door in) you have once again a few options:
- Investigate (harder awareness/notice check via Intelligence -- possibility to find higher level valuables (what ever those might be), maybe you can even find a hidden safe that has something of real value in the black market)
- Loot (easy awareness/notice check via Intelligence -- just take what looks like you can get an eurobuck of two of it)
- Vandalize (depending on the part of the city a Strength feat check from easy to hard -- just for fun, maybe you can see mention in the papers if you do it enough times, "A serial fecal vandal afoot in Arasaka Square, several apartments destroyed and soiled, police investigates", maybe you can even gain some respect from some lowlifes by bragging with it...)

If there's people inside when you bust in, there's a brawl (related skill checks) that ends up either dead or unconscious (randomly chosen based ont he brawl results) denizens or you being thrown out of the building. If the former, you better run because no mercy awaits you when the law arrives and finds you with blood in your hands.

The difficulties and results like loot and what you hear while evesdropping is drawn radnomly from a pool specific for the zone in the city (with a certain range so that it's not always the same), and it is also possible that you find nothing inspite of succesful skill check. And since it's all text based there can be a metric ton of variety and nuances cheaply implemented.

This all sounds longwinded, cumbersome and timeconsuming, but it's really meant to be just a quick little task where you click for few options and read short descriptions. All the attempts take a bit of time, so you really can't rummage houses forever and so the whole thing lasts but a couple of minutes at max and a few seconds minimum. If the timer runs out, cops will intercept you and what happens then is a topic for the police and law thread, it might be set up based on what you've been doing.

This is meant to be taken as a callback to the PnP... Those who have played it, imagine a situation where you decide to go rummage a random house. What would happen between the GM and the players. That's approximately what this is trying to emulate. And all it really does, is it gives the whole city a different feel when you know there might be some kind of interaction to be had with the building renders and the doorway-art you're standing next to most of the time.

And to add not every building needs needs this treatment, it'd be quite enough for the player to know that this stuff is readily available where ever he goes, but it doesn't need to be every building.

Another thing. The AI bots roaming the streets like robotzombies that you can't strike a conversation with. A somewhat similiar method could be utilized here as above. Not "text adventure" stuff, but adding interactions with random results based on the area.

I.e. you walk to a random bypasser, right clikc and the dropdown menu would give something like the following options
- Pickpocket
- Interrogate [cop] - Interview [media] - Blackmarketing(?) [Fixer] - Charm [Rockerboy] - Chat/somethigsomething [other roles]
- Provoke
- Seduce
- Stalk

Pickpocket would iniate a short animation sequence in third person that's either the PC bumbs into the NPC and lifts his hands for "Sorry pal, my mistake" and continues on, or enages into a short interaction similiar to this (starting approx. at 5 minute mark): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZGY0wPAnus
Nothing major, just a couple of seconds during which the skill check is made and the possible loot drawn from the pool set for that NPC (difficulties and pools according section of the map and NPC social level).

Interrogation, Interviewing and such might provide class related interactivity with similiar semi-abstract implementation a pickpocketing above (not much extra dialog needed, just some subtle indications of what's going on)... cops might get random tips about lawlessness nearby or perhaps the NPC himself cracks up at the spot, Medias might get story tips and perhaps hints for something big that can be collected together during the game, Fixers might try to acquire customers that he can sell to someone (lowly NPC's might be easier to get and sell for less and vice versa for higher classes) with supplylines for what ever merchandise or maybe he can "try to" sell shit on the spot for few EB (might require some human perception to know if offering drugs to "this particular NPC" is such a wise idea, he might be a civilian cop, some militant antidrug maniac, or a cyberpsycho just on the edge) and so on...

- Provoke can get you a fight on the spot, but if cops see you two take one each other, there'll be an intervention
- Seduction might get you a temporary follower (few minutes), and who knows what else
- With Stalk you can mark an NPC and use the Shadow/Track skills to follow him (maybe for nothing else than to get him suspicious and panicked for fun), or maybe he at some point enters an alleyway to the a piss and you can mug him there, maybe this is a useful skill in some missions.

All kinds of little things to try and see what happens and perhaps collect a bit of a reward there. And of course using your skills might ease their future increases (depending on how CDPR goes with it). And I only used the most common skills as examples... What possibilities are there with the rest of them....

And not all NPC's need to have interactions all the time. They could just push you away with a "Piss offf, punk!" regardless of what your intentions were.

It is kind of a reward in itself already when you find an NPC to "interact" with, and that goes for everything else too that I've written here. Getting to this stuff need not be guaranteed all the time even if you had the skill. Some NPC's refuse to be interacted with, some houses might be under renovations or under police surveillance for what ever reason so you can't enter, some items are just too hard for you to meddle with... Although it'd probably not be hard, you'd have to seek this stuff out if you wanted it.

Then theres the rest of the environment. Lamp posts, ATM's, firehydrants, carbage bins, parked cars, manholes electric boxes, camera surveillances, guard robots... All can have something small character related linked to them. Hack an ATM, or pickpocket a credit card and steal someone's pension (if you have the skills for those things). Overload an electric box at a wall (related skills check) and pry a firehydrant open (strenght feat check, eaier if you have a pipe wrench or a similiar tool with you) to soak the area with electricity, or kick a lamp post down (str feat check) to the water for same effect. Rig cars to explode with the right tools and skill to use them. Open manholes to hide under or possibly check if a hobo has a nest there (similiar to checking the apartments).

There's all kinds of little possibilities for interesting intearactivity.

And then there might be some kind of narrative hook to keep your eyes open all the time. Maybe you're looking for someone or something, or maybe that someone or something is looking for you and it's not certain whether it's a good thing. And that cou oh shit I'm tired....

I could probably go on but this post is quite long enough here. The chief purpose would be to add PnP like interactive elements to test the characterbuild in small ways all around the game in a more or less abstract manner in order to keep the feel of the world from succumbing to the emptiness of other open world games where there's very little to experience beyond the storyline and where most of the game is a cardboard stage prop. This stuff might not appeal to everyone, but I don't think it needs to. As said, it isn't meant to be antything else but offer dynamic intrigue to the world for who ever wants to explore it deeper than what's obvious.

And I repeat, dont' take these too literally, they're just broad strokes examples for concepts I think might work in some manner with relatively little effort of implementation and design (compared to other, more major-league stuff you do in the game).

This is not about TB but I'd still like to push on with the idea to let the player choose via options/difficulty settings the way he wants to play. There is no satisfactory middleground in 1st/3rd person shooting with character and player skills, so let the player choose. I think this is extremely important as the main complaints about combat almost always revolve around "Twitchy combat feels like shite, why doesn't my characterbuild do anything?" and "I have hand/eye coordination like a hawk, why do I keep missing?" Give the player a way to adjust his experience. With today's technology it can't be an impossible task.

A gauge in the combat settings for Action --- o --- II --- o --- RPG or Action --- II --- RPG or Action --- RPG, (how ever much adjustment space the player is wanted to have that still suits the core design) that is responsible of how much the skills affect gunplay/melee/HtH, how low is the base accuracy and recoil distortion for guns and how much it increases per point, what's the base attackspeed and damage for melee/HtH and how much it helps via skill increments.

Action setting means a normal playerdrive action game with little distrotion coming from the character systems, some but minor.
RPG setting would mean heavy distortion from skills and stats (might higher initial spread, sway and recoil penalties, and lower speed/damage for melee/HtH).
What ever's in between is an adjustment towards either side.

Top this off with a choice between Iron Sights and Active Autoaim (press'n hold a button to lock on target) in the options. And prompt both these at the start of the game. "How would you like to play Cyberpunk 2077? [Gauge for action or RPG and description of each choice] under which [gauge for ironsights or active autoaim and description of what it means].

There's of course some adjustments required, like how to give autoaim the same kind of limb targeting as free aim / iron sights and all that, and balance stuff (it does not need to be "perfectly" balanced), but the very basic idea should be doable in some fashion.

I would very much hope this game would not force dull and twitchy action drab down an RPG enthusiasts throat, nor arbitrary numbers and wonky gameplay down an actiongamers throat, if both are indeed wanted for an audience. Now's a good time for CDPR to show off that they are not in it just to make a holiday season blockbuster as usual and run laughing to the bank, but also create a versatile experience for a versatile audience. That goes beyond combat too, of course, but I can not emphasize enough that this kind of stuff well done, while more work, would have a positive effect.

I know keep pushing this stuff time and again, and I do have some selfinterest and a horse in this race, but I can assure you I am not one of a kind (the oldschool uprising of late is because there was an unserved audience, and that can be tapped by a mainstream game too if it wants to and does things right).

I think adding memetic posergangs won't hurt the game. Personally, I want Bandit posergang. or Stalkers posergang to be precise. 'Punks dressed like bandits from STALKER series, wear gas mask and tracksuits all the way, living in more deserted areas of Night City, stalking in bombed corporate area, drinking vodka and energisers, quoting famous phrases from the game with bad russian accent imitation.

Remind me to make a mod after game's release.

Last edited:
Ok, so hello CDPR, i thought maybe a cool detail would be that, if you choose a character class, you may give it an origin sory, to make it feel more personal. BUT, also the stories of the other classes the player didn get to choose to be there too. just that perhaps that player didnt make it, but, somehow it still affects he world and have consecuences on the story of some sort, just to let you wonder "What if ...?" and so people would feel the curiosity to try it all. I want to try it all alredy, but that would be cool.

First of all hello.
Ok now. Some of the propositions might have been suggested already or you may came up on them on your won but im still going to post them. I will also sometimes provide examples to some features of how different games presented them and did it best at least in my opinion.
As for my propositions i would suggest implementing weaponry customization and upgrades similar to what we could see in Fallout 4 with weapons consisting of modules that could be exchanged to better or cooler ones depending on player class, level and skills. Little example. Rifle that in default would be middle range assault rifle with 30 rounds but you could exchange barrel and caliber to turn it into automatic sniper rifle or gave it bigger magazine and receiver with better fire rate turning it into LMG. This is a thing that even now is getting popular among IRL weapon manufacturers (Radom's MSBS for example) so i think in 2077 this would be standard in weaponry. Another useful thing would be some sort of a player housing. i think that most of RPG players would agree with me when i say that we like to have some place to come back once in while with some unique items to leave and interesting interactions to discover. Now the thing that i would like most to see is the dynamic factions relations. Im not familiar with the world of original Cyberpunk so i don't now what kind of factions are out there but for example we could have different corporations or gangs that depending on situation can be hostile to each other or form alliances when in danger. Territorial wars for gangs and marketing wars for corporations are another suggestion. product Corporations could try to overtake one another using economic options just like in real-life and gangs could bond together if police will decide to do some occasional widespread street cleaning.This could be happening independently of player but the player would have the biggest impact on it. S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky is the greatest example of dynamic factions at least for me. I also hope that you will include complete character creation with choosing backstory and maybe different voices so if you don't have that already i strongly suggest adding that. At least three armor classes (light,medium,heavy) would be nice, especially if they would expand further thanks to the module system similar to the one i suggested to use with weaponry. And i hope we will see android companion with lots of customization even going as far as changing it's looks and gender :)
​ Implant, meds and software crafting it's also something that would greatly expand pool of available interactions. Some more little ideas that you probably already working on but im adding them here just in case.
-implant system
-chems and drugs
-quick hacking (trough a QTE maybe?) as a way to get information or favors from someone during dialogue
-dynamic criminal records and reputation system among factions
-in-game internet and interactions available trough and in it (GTA V did a good job on that but there is a lot more potential to it)
-VR support (not right from the start but at least at some point after premiere)
-bounty hunting and contracts (like in Witcher 3 but with criminals, VIPs of corporations instead of monsters)
-possibility to get thrown to jail or arrest and escape from it
-karma or global reputation system that would affect interactions with generic population and would be based on players decisions and actions
-class specific quests
-randomly generated encounters (as much of them as possible they really can breath the life into a world especially if there is enough of them to make everyone feel unique)
-environmental kills (using objects, other NPCs natural traps etc.)
-kill cams and finishers at least for close combat
That would be all of my suggestions. I would be an honor to see at least one of them implemented :)
​ Nevertheless im sure that you will make a great game that will be with us for many years and will become a classic in not only RPG genre but for gaming in general. Keep up the good work and i hope you will share some more info about your new baby soon!

PS.
I would really, really, REALLY love to hear some Archive songs, old or new, in the OST. I think that their style fits perfectly the melancholic, dark and heavy atmosphere of cyberpunk genre. In fact im listening to their song while im writing this :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom