Character Customization!

+
Suhiira;n10385292 said:
Let's see ...
16m/sec = 57.6 kph ... that's only slightly faster then the 45 kph an excellent sprinter can manage ... but let's not go there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footspeed

Usain Bolt can do 28 mph, 44.7 kph. The world's fastest human. That wasn't the full 100m, it was his top for a very brief time. His average across the 100m was 37 kph.

57.6 kph, Speeding Bullet top speed for the whole 100 m (and more! Yay cyber) is just over 150% faster than the world's fastest human on average.

Not only is that crazy fast, (18 kph is average human, making you more than three times as fast as the average human at 58 kph), but in FNFF, you can use your turn to cross that whole distance before they move.

Corvette is 79 kph...

These are car speeds, not human speeds.

So if you want to customize your character to be a badass melee fighter and look it, it's doable. At least in FNFF.

If they ONLY use "to hit" modifiers (that aren't extreme) I can certainly agree with it, hitting moving targets is difficult ... duh.
But actually dodging bullets ... no.

And thanks for the clarification/extrapolation on real human movement speeds. I'll admit I only looked at the "best case" scenario!

Suhiira;n10386072 said:
If they ONLY use "to hit" modifiers (that aren't extreme) I can certainly agree with it, hitting moving targets is difficult ... duh.
But actually dodging bullets ... no.

And thanks for the clarification/extrapolation on real human movement speeds. I'll admit I only looked at the "best case" scenario!

Check out the cybermatrix body plating in SoF 2. It's an interesting idea.

Customization can make or break a game for a lot of people (I just want all the mechanics to be good and the world to be so fantastic that I can lose myself in it for hours and hours) I think as long as people can do something aesthetically no matter how detailed should be enough. But something like EVE Online would be the best thing ever!

I'm really looking forward to the character creation, but i wonder if you'll be able to change you're apperance mid-game e.g. cosmetic surgery

But then how would that work. Pay and re-enter the Customiser screen? or do you think CDPR will get a bit innovative with it?

Lisbeth_Salander;n10704081 said:
CD Projekt Red President says it at around 59:35: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTZimO5XQIw

"Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be a very different game from Witcher 3. With no predefined character."

If there is no predefined character, then there is a custom character.
Well ... I think we can take this as confirmation on "build your own" characters.
YAY !

Lisbeth_Salander;n10702611 said:
Character creation just got confirmed my dudes.

Duuude. I hope so!

And I think my new favorite character creator is Elite: Dangerous' approach. It doesn't seem like anything new, but I found the number of options, layout of the actual toolset on the screen, and the actual variety of sliders to be fantastic! Not at all "simplistic", but very easy to pick up and use. My two favorite parts of this system are:

1.) The ability to see clearly what affects what. When I used a tool, it was very easy to remember what each slider actually does.

2.) My character looked exactly the same in-game as it did in the creator. So many games skew the perspective and color palette so much, or even "simplify" the model in the actual game to such a degree that my actual, in-game character looks significantly different than it did in the creator.

I still like the Dragon's Dogma approach as well, but the actual tools are laid out MUCH better in E:D.

CD Projekt Red President says it at around 59:35: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTZimO5XQIw

"Cyberpunk 2077 is going to be a very different game from Witcher 3. With no predefined character."

More specifically, in 34:45 there is a question about the classes and in his response Adam says that it will be possible to put together your own character with multiple classes available.

Shavod;n10705411 said:
More specifically, in 34:45 there is a question about the classes and in his response Adam says that it will be possible to put together your own character with multiple classes available.
I wouldn't take this to mean each character will have multiple classes, only that there will be multiple classes to select from at creation time.

SigilFey;n10704661 said:
I intend to immerse myself in said chocolate as soon as I'm off work!

Do you still have those suuuuper sexy ravenwings going on? Submerged in chocolate? If so....I want to customize your character SO HARD.

Sardukhar;n10706041 said:
Do you still have those suuuuper sexy ravenwings going on? Submerged in chocolate? If so....I want to customize your character SO HARD.

My dreams tonight are going to be unspeakable. I swear to god, if I wake up thinking about you, I'm going to put a surprise in a Zip-Lock bag and FedEx it to your workplace.

SigilFey;n10706231 said:
My dreams tonight are going to be unspeakable. I swear to god, if I wake up thinking about you, I'm going to put a surprise in a Zip-Lock bag and FedEx it to your workplace.

Uuuuhhhhhhssssss.....<shudder> go....go on...

Suhiira;n10706011 said:
I wouldn't take this to mean each character will have multiple classes, only that there will be multiple classes to select from at creation time.

And what did I said?

Top Bottom