Character Romance Discussion

+
To be frank I'm not all that bothered with romance in the game. I'm mean I never really saw the point of it even in Donkey Kong.

4meg;n9287831 said:
A song for each character might be too much work,

Perhaps, but a song for each romanceable character is not much work.

4meg;n9293751 said:
To be frank I'm not all that bothered with romance in the game. I'm mean I never really saw the point of it even in Donkey Kong.

Almost everyone has sexual instincts. Sex is a level of deepness that helps when selling the product and sometimes you have to go deep to pleasure someone.

Last edited:
That's well and good, but what if your instincts repeatedly lead to

tumblr_mweov23PVO1sx5prao1_250.gif

Attachments

• tumblr_mweov23PVO1sx5prao1_250.gif
    tumblr_mweov23PVO1sx5prao1_250.gif
    751.8 KB · Views: 33
4meg;n9293961 said:

Then... you're... doing it wrong?

I mean... unless you're into that kind of a thing that is... XD

4meg;n9293961 said:

Wait in the game or real life? Well, either way it's not overly complicated. Do things in this order:

1. Be nice.
2. Be honest.
3. Be flexible.

If you can do all those things and are still enjoying yourself - then just ask what they want and then do what they say, but better (beat expectations). Don't be afraid to make a move but don't be pushy. It won't always work out, but when it does you'll have the foundation of a good romance.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9298241 said:
4. Be confident.
I totally almost put this ... definitely important ... settled it being kind of incorporated into "don't be afraid to make a move" as "move" is not limited to like first kiss or other romantic action. It's basically don't be afraid to to put yourself out there which includes the romantic stuff.

Rawls;n9298641 said:
I totally almost put this ... definitely important ... settled it being kind of incorporated into "don't be afraid to make a move" as "move" is not limited to like first kiss or other romantic action. It's basically don't be afraid to to put yourself out there which includes the romantic stuff.

My list is a little bit different from yours, it goes from most important to less important:

1. be confident
2. give her attention (pretending you care or really caring about her fellings)
3. be economically independent
4. don't be extremely ugly

Your list is perfect, but yours is for the 30+ years woman who started to get rational and stopped listening to her survival instinct fellings. It all dates back to those years we lived in caves.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9298751 said:
Your list is perfect, but yours is for the 30+ years woman who started to get rational and stopped listening to her survival instinct fellings.
but yours is for the 30+ years
30+ years

I'm 31. You cut me deep.
EDIT: I think we ought to meander back towards topic though.

My list is a little bit different from yours, it goes from most important to less important:

4. don't be extremely ugly

I'm out.

Rawls;n9298771 said:
I'm 31. You cut me deep.

EDIT: I think we ought to meander back towards topic though.

Holy shit. I was right. Funny and sad. Yours, it's that time period for a woman to start regreting all those missed oportunities, it's that time that women start realising my list is superficial and meaningless, and your list is what really matters in a relationship. It's also that time when they realise my list is based on fellings and sexual instinct, while yours is based on critical thinking and logic, but when they do realise this, is perhaps too late, or not, many men are into older women because of that. Based on this reply, one cold assume my views on younger women versus mature women, and which one I mostly admire ;)

EDIT: but anyways the romanceable characters in CP2077 could follow these lists. The inexperienced 20s girls would follow my list, while the mature ones would follow yours. This if we want a realistic game, but there's one thing gamers hate is reality. All those lonely suicidal neets living on their parent's basement don't want reality checkers, they want that beautiful illusion they see in animes, oni-chan, so CDPR will probably not go with the whole realistic aspect.

4meg;n9298781 said:

Hey, there's the other 3. You don't need to have it all. There's always someone waiting for you somewhere, probably. On second thought, cut that shit right off, you probably know you're going to die alone, when you accept the fact that you'll never find true love/happiness with someone you'll be happier. It's all about that amor fati thing that big moustache guy said, you know, the nietzsche guy.

I'm rambling. Dude nihilism lmao

Last edited:
I'd trade bioware-ish romances for Vampire Bloodlines' seductive dialog lines and one-offs like with Jeanette and some intimacy moment with ViVi. Bloodlines in general was kinda romantic in unusual ways when it comes to womens.

metalmaniac21;n9507271 said:
I'd trade bioware-ish romances for Vampire Bloodlines' seductive dialog lines and one-offs like with Jeanette and some intimacy moment with ViVi. Bloodlines in general was kinda romantic in unusual ways when it comes to womens.

The great thing about Bloodlines is that their "seductive" dialogue was nos limited to romance scenes....they could happen anytime, and this ads a certain unpredictability to the romance aspect.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9507551 said:
The great thing about Bloodlines is that their "seductive" dialogue was nos limited to romance scenes....they could happen anytime, and this ads a certain unpredictability to the romance aspect
Much like real life.
It's never just a couple situations, or responses that lead to romance. It's a collection of little things over time.

Now lust ... that's an entirely different story!

Vampire The Masquerade was really good. Putting your points in appearance and charisma affected how people reacted to you and you got seduction dialog options. In Cyberpunk we have These skills

Attractiveness Skills

Personal Grooming: This is the skill of knowing proper grooming, hair styling, etc., to maximize your physical attractiveness. Use of this skill allows players to increase their Attractiveness, and thus their chances of successful Relationships or Persuasions. A basically good looking person would be at +2. A fashion model might have a Personal Grooming of +5 or +6. At +8 or better, you could be a major fashion model, film star, or trendsetter. You are always "together". And you know it. Entrance: This is the ability to captivate an audience with ones appearance, through dance, seduction, or simple allure; this is the characters sensual quality, a sort of specialized ability to combine Personal Grooming,

Wardrobe & Style, Perfom, and Charismatic Leadership into a single mesmerizing skill. Wardrobe & Style: The skill of knowing the right clothes to wear, when to wear them, and how to look cool even in a spacesuit. With a Wardrobe of +2 or better, you are good at choosing clothes off the rack. At +6, your friends ask you for wardrobe tips, and you never buy anything off the rack. At +8 or better, you are one of those rare people whose personal style influences major fashion trends.

Seduction: The skill of forming and maintaining romantic relationships (this includes your abilities as a lover). This skill may be used to determine whether or not players can form relationships with other non-player characters and the intensity of these relationships. In certain cases, Referees may want to average this skill with a player's Attractiveness to get a more realistic outcome.

Mr.Studd(or midnight lady) Sexual Implant(MA) All night, every night and she'll never know. +10 to Seduction checks

With this and lifepaths, the games seems to expect you to have romantic/sexual relationships with people. I really hope we can have some relationships in the game, from one night stands to long term relationships. I also hope seduction is in the game and is more than simply convincing someone to open or door or give you some dirt on someone. Rockerboys have groupies, Corp types are not above sleeping their way to the top and have trophy spouses, an investigator might find warmth in the arms of a prostitute, a cop might go home to his family, a netrunner might have a virtual A.I. girlfriend/harem (possibly android), etc. I always find it weird in games where you go around doing all these jobs and lots of killing, but they never have any relationships and have some weird celibate lifestyle. Relationships add a lot to stores and the game. As long as it is optional and not forced, then there is nothing wrong with adding it.

Very much value romance/sexual interactions in RPG's, it's such a huge of real human life that when its absent i feel less immersed in the journey. So very much hope it's given at least the same level of content as the witcher series devoted to it.

I really like Bloodlines as a game and the seduction/charisma elements were very interesting. That said i was always disappointed by the lack of depth/growth to the interactions with the various women.

Top Bottom