(unofficial) Cyberpunk 2077 FAQ. Frequently Asked Quandaries.

+
Sardukhar;n9780181 said:
Oh, it was interesting. The relevance is, of course, impossible to judge years of development later. Yay creative process. We'll know afterwards, though.

That'll be interesting - go through the old plans and compare them to the final product.

Can you remember any of the key points? I understand that it's all subject to change, so I won't get my hopes up.

Snowflakez;n9780201 said:
Can you remember any of the key points? I understand that it's all subject to change, so I won't get my hopes up.

The article that went with it has some quotes and paraphrases:

According to Antoni Strzalkowski, producer on Cyberpunk 2077, they are looking to offer "tonnes of player possibilities" and in true open world fashion, the player will be able to choose to not follow the main story if they get distracted by something else in the game world. They dont want to rail road player choice or even block them from being able to explore any part of the game world.

How will CD Projekt Red be able to make the in-game technology as futuristic as possible? Rafal Praszczalek a writer on Cyberpunk 2077 explains that a large amount of focus is on social communications. We are all wirelessly connected, through our current tech, portable smart phones. Rafal will be pushing those sorts of boundaries, exploring the way technology connects different social groups.

Another area the two guys were up for discussing was the players character selection. Antoni "We want to give the players as many tools to express themselves. Player character customisation will be visually represented. These player character choices will not only be important from a gameplay mechanics point of view, but the player's character design choices will have a direct impact on the development of the story"

Our buddy leading the session, Tomas Rawlings, summarises "So the choices you make in the creation of the character will reflect back in the story itself"

Cultural, social and political issues that are often associated with the Cyberpunk genre will take a back seat in the primary story arch. This is not a game about saving the earth from itself. These somewhat huge and heavy themes will of course still be present in Cyberpunk 2077's background, to help deliver the gritty Bladerunner-esque landscape we know and love but the focus is about living in and being a part of the tech-rich world.

Rafal - "These big issues can easily lure us into building a story like this. Cyberpunk covering these issues is important and should be presented in the game. Cyberpunk still hasnt been fully explored. There is a future for Cyberpunk as a genre but we can not predict the genre's newest future before experiencing it."

The only part I can remember that isn't addressed at least partially in the article was a part regarding factions. I can't remember what it said specifically.

When it comes to CP2077 I feel it will capture the thematic essence of the 2020 pen and paper very accurately no problem. However I do have concerns that it wont capture the aesthetic associated with the genre. The Classic Cyberpunk aesthetic in my mind is neon, acid rain, steamy streets, oversized jackets, wires sticking out of your neck and super cool mirrorshades. While I do think that the game should mostly be fresh and original, I do think that entirely scrapping the Classic Cyberpunk aesthetic would mean a certain atmosphere will be lost. In an ideal implementation, new tech fashion and architecture exists but the old tech, fashion and architecture of 2020 has come back as a revival but is not as popular. Maybe you can buy them in thrift shops within Night City to be bought by cyberpunks obsessed with the 2020s. That way it could be a reflection of how trends come back (eg 80s, 90s revival today/2020 revival in 2077) in a nostalgia fueled society. I guess my question is: What can we expect the aesthetic of CP2077 to look like? Classic Cyberpunk? Fresh and Original? or a little bit of both?

PS Its pure speculation and sorry if the post is long. I felt it required a bit of explanation

Draymar23;n9806711 said:
I guess my question is: What can we expect the aesthetic of CP2077 to look like? Classic Cyberpunk? Fresh and Original? or a little bit of both?
We don't know for certain. I would speculate that it will probably incorporate components of the 80s style and "punk" of the PnP, but probably will also incorporate some more "modern" sensibilities. I would be surprised if it was completely retro.

Traveldog;n10222602 said:
Please tell me where and how to sign up for beta! <3 is there an email list?
There has been no mention of a Cyberpunk 2077 beta. As far as we know, there is none.

... okie... I have a question.
Are there any info, even if it's an itsy bitsy inkling of an info, regarding the Collector's Edition of Cyberpunk 2077?

My wish is that CDPR will include the kneeling female cyborg with that big pair of blades on the arms. I weally, weally, weally love to have that as a statue sitting on my gaming desk. Imho, she is already an icon for the game.

I already mentioned this on another thread. Thought I mentioned it again here. Why? Because it is sooooo worthy of being mentioned again. I honestly believe that I am not the only one with the wanting.

You thought I'm gonna say big pair of somethin' else didn't ya?

Last edited:
qOjOp;n10297732 said:
You thought I'm gonna say big pair of somethin' else didn't ya?

Hello, q0j0p.

No, no information on Collector's Edition.

Couple things, though.

Please don't repeatedly ask the same question - that's spam. Or at least, give it a week or two.

Secondly, as you'll see above and below you, that font colour you are using is Moderator Official - or so close as to be confusing. Please choose another font colour. Preferably default as that is easiest on others' eyes to read.

,,,opsie...
...didn't know about the Moderator color thingy. My apology, unintentional to confuse.
Thank you for the heads up.Appreciate it much.

qOjOp;n10301892 said:
,,,opsie...
...didn't know about the Moderator color thingy. My apology, unintentional to confuse.
Thank you for the heads up.Appreciate it much.

No problem. It's not like we spell it out when you join or anything. We use it to catch attention and differentiate from our Normal Speak, like now.l

Sardukhar;n10302072 said:
No problem. It's not like we spell it out when you join or anything. We use it to catch attention and differentiate from our Normal Speak, like now.l

How about a nice shade of navy?

In one of the first announcement videos, the Projekt Red member refers to an "hidden secret" within the first video showing the game title. Does anyone know what that was? It was apparently at frame 43? I think.

Exhibitioner;n10343882 said:
In one of the first announcement videos, the Projekt Red member refers to an "hidden secret" within the first video showing the game title. Does anyone know what that was? It was apparently at frame 43? I think.

There was a hidden message but it wasn't in the title reveal. It was in the second trailer with the psycho woman, it was basically just telling people what the game was going to be about (Singleplayer RPG) and a projected release date of 2015. As you can tell, that information is quite dated, as we don't have the game yet.

It wasn't anything special, but if you really want to find it, just look at the trailer on YouTube and browse through the comments. Somebody will have posted the exact timestamp.

Just reading through this for the first time in ages, but I thought we had confirmation that it was going to be both TPP and FPP? Or was that redacted? It may also be worth adding to the "single player or multiplayer" thing the more recent quote where they said "fear not, blah blah blah, single player RPG."

Snowflakez;n10517112 said:
Just reading through this for the first time in ages, but I thought we had confirmation that it was going to be both TPP and FPP? Or was that redacted? It may also be worth adding to the "single player or multiplayer" thing the more recent quote where they said "fear not, blah blah blah, single player RPG."

Not gonna do either, because neither have cleared anything up. CDPR has made no statement definitively on perspective and single player RPG doesn't mean no MP.

In fact, nearly everything outside, "it's a Cyberpunk RPG " is speculation and subject to change. Deliberately.

They are reaaaalllly close mouthed. I've tried HARD.

Sardukhar;n10519972 said:
Not gonna do either, because neither have cleared anything up. CDPR has made no statement definitively on perspective and single player RPG doesn't mean no MP.

In fact, nearly everything outside, "it's a Cyberpunk RPG " is speculation and subject to change. Deliberately.

They are reaaaallllyclose mouthed. I've tried HARD.

I wasn't asking you to change the entry for the first one. I was asking for confirmation on whether or not it was true. I could have sworn we were literally told there would be FPP and TPP in the game. You don't have to add it, I just don't want to be operating under a false assumption if I'm wrong.

And fair enough about the singleplayer thing. I meant singleplayer focused, though, not that there wouldn't be any MP at all (there 95% will be). But I get it. CDPR is pretty vague all around, hard to get straight answers out of them before they're completely ready to talk about something.

A blessing and a curse, if you ask me.

Top Bottom