Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about "fresh" of this news but:
The insider "boskee" from forum "Neofag" said that in CDPR has been restarted the development of Cyberpunk 2077. It seems that the game does not like to authors and thats why they started again in 2016. Boskee says that the release will be not early than 2019.
sourсe (only in russian).

Last edited:
Ayy lmao, they actually gutted pre-2016 work.

Seriously, though. Hope Interlock and especially FNFF didn't suffer. One of the biggest hit would be popamole combat, actual HPs and leveling system, since it won't represent Cyberpunk PnP anymore.

metalmaniac21;n8401420 said:
Ayy lmao, they actually gutted pre-2016 work.

Wouldn't be the first time they'd backtrack. With Witcher 2 they redesigned the gameplay almost entirely after haivng showed the demo that still was in line with Witcher 1 (I'm still a bit bitter about that); said it was "too HC", yeah as if....

kofeiiniturpa;n8401990 said:
Wouldn't be the first time they'd backtrack. With Witcher 2 they redesigned the gameplay almost entirely after haivng showed the demo that still was in line with Witcher 1 (I'm still a bit bitter about that); said it was "too HC", yeah as if....

They changed engine from Aurora to RED Engine, so it was mostly technical not design changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JciyoGmnGyo - this is on heavily modified Aurora for example.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n8375570 said:
CDPR's CEO said in an interview that "2017 is the year of Gwent"

Really? Guess i missed that....but yeah makes sense wouldn't have expected CD to act any different on this. Gwent need the hype now, my guess for E3 this year from CD is a reveal of the single player campaign of Gwent nothing about CP77

I respect CDPR desire to make the game perfect, but I hope they wont overdo it. Like, redoing everything 20 times and then realising that they are out of budget. Pursuit of perfection can be dangerous in gamedev.

Could this possibly be that CDPR changing engines from the modified version of RED Engine 3 to RED Engine 4. This reminds me of the changes with Final Fantasy Versus XIII, when the project was scrapped due to technical limitations at the time (as well as several other benefactors) Versus XIII eventually became a new game (which is now called Final Fantasy XV) with a new engine called the Luminous Engine Pro. The game turned out decent overall (the story was lacking however but I'm going on a tangent here) Game development usually does this, so the way I see it is that CDPR scrapped the previous work of CP 2077 due to technical limitations of the engine. These concepts may come to life again at some point in the development stage, so I wouldn't say all hope is lost yet.

This stuff again. We've been through this before. So-and-so left. So-and-so says they are in a bad place. So-and-so says the dev team is screwed. Proof? What proof?

This is the thread for rumours and speculation, so enjoy. Just don't get excited by a big ol' lack of anything real. Development continues. CDPR is still CDPR. Quality is, if not guaranteed, very, very probable.

Sardukhar;n8404530 said:
This stuff again. We've been through this before. So-and-so left. So-and-so says they are in a bad place. So-and-so says the dev team is screwed. Proof? What proof?

This is the thread for rumours and speculation, so enjoy. Just don't get excited by a big ol' lack of anything real. Development continues. CDPR is still CDPR. Quality is, if not guaranteed, very, very probable.
Because while CDPR enjoys making a profit as much as anyone else that isn't their be-all-end-all.

Wow the insider is a user of NeoGAF called as “Boskee”. This is the media trying to bait CD Project Red into giving more information about the game. That won't happen.

The user says it's likely that CyberPunk 2077 will be released in 2018...Oh really!? A release in 2018 is such a ridiculous joke, specially if you consider the fact that it took CDPR three and a half years to create The Witcher 3 and the team only started working 100% on CyberPunk 2077 in late 2015/ early 2016. And let's not forget the fact that CP 2077 is going to be build in a new engine.

Last edited:
I think the part about the new director is true, but it is probably an exaggeration that "all" the preproduction work has been binned, more likely only some of it. And then the late 2018 to 2019 release is not unrealistic. The Witcher 3 has also seen changes to the story and parts of the content cut only 1.5 years before the release.

Next thing we'll have videos all over the net based on leaked info from insider only known as Animalfather...sure it would be funny. :p

Lisbeth_Salander;n8406030 said:
This is the media trying to bait CD Project Red into giving more information about the game. That won't happen

Guess this a downside of how they're handling it...people are blindly speculating, given the far too early announcement and "It's going to be the revolutionary/even more ambitious" PR claims.

I'm really curious if this will prompt them to start releasing some basic info, might not be a bad idea.

cdpr had three major public incidents: the takeover rumers, the forum breach "scanda" and the trademarking of "cyberpunk"

all of those got an offical response from cdpr. they value communication with their fans and users, so it would not suprise me if they will adress this issue too. it will also make a a lot of us happy to hear something concreate regarding thosr rumours.

And we've had multiple development rumours about Cpunk since the trailer. CDPR doesn't respond to rumours, typically, and never about Cpunk. The forum breach and cyberpunk trademark were actual, real things worthy of comment.

These unsubstantiated mutterings are just that. True or not, there is no evidence and thus nothing to comment on.

If they started commenting on crap like this, they'd have to keep denying and the one time they didn't, everyone would froth and scream about the "Truth!"

It's not the truth. Or the Truth. Which kills, just like Guns.

you guys remember back in the day we actually thought the game would come out in 2016 LOL.

honestly if this game comes out 2018 i would be disappointed. I want them to take their time and build a perfect game.

animalfather;n8407850 said:
you guys remember back in the day we actually thought the game would come out in 2016 LOL.

Heh. Remember joking that it would come out in 2020? AHahaahahhh..oh wait. Dammit!

animalfather;n8407850 said:

honestly if this game comes out 2018 i would be disappointed. I want them to take their time and build a perfect game.

So what if they take their time and produce the perfect game by 2018? Will you still be disappointed? Because I suspect you have very little insight about what goes on inside the CDPR studio, just like the rest of us...

I hope The Witcher 3's sheer success didn't affect them in a wrong way, cause we sure don't want to cross the map for another interesting quest with only "?" on the way, only this time on flying car. In fact, The Witcher 3 is already too big and spread with too much of a treasure hunt quest and overall slow writing quality descention once we left Velen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom