Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
metalmaniac21;n8411000 said:
I hope The Witcher 3's sheer success didn't affect them in a wrong way, cause we sure don't want to cross the map for another interesting quest with only "?" on the way, only this time on flying car. In fact, The Witcher 3 is already too big and spread with too much of a treasure hunt quest and overall slow writing quality descention once we left Velen.

Witcher 3 too big for you??? Then Cyberpunk 2077 is definitely not going to be for you.

WalteriusMaximus;n8411040 said:
Witcher 3 too big for you??? Then Cyberpunk 2077 is definitely not going to be for you.
It's too spread and has no control over content dosage. Not Skyrim-mad bombarding you with quest entries, but still no control either. Quests aren't gated at all. Like I said, it's no longer quantity AND quality once player left Velen, it's quantity over quality too.

Last edited:
metalmaniac21;n8411150 said:
It's too spread and has no control over content dosage. Not Skyrim-mad bombarding you with quest entries, but still no control either. Quests aren't gated at all. Like I said, it's no longer quantity AND quality once player left Velen, it's quantity over quality too.

Millions of people would strongly disagree with you about any lack of quality content in Witcher 3. I think open-world RPGs are just not for you, friend.

WalteriusMaximus;n8412050 said:
Millions of people would strongly disagree with you about any lack of quality content in Witcher 3. I think open-world RPGs are just not for you, friend.

Yeah, stop that. Don't tell people what they like or dislike or what is or isn't for them. Once in a while, framed as part of a discussion, sure, but now you've done it twice and that's rude.

Metal's perspective on W3 open-world setting isn't invalid or incorrect, nor is it unheard of.

As you correctly point out earlier, none of us have any real idea what's going on inside CDPR right now, so for all we know CP2077 is going to be a tight, plot-focussed game with a lot of verticality and few if any ? -style light quests.

Who knows?

In the meantime, try to remember that we all get to have an opinion around here. Well, most of us. Not 227. He's forbidden.

they actually said the "world"/city would be smaller than witcher 3 but more compact

animalfather;n8415790 said:
they actually said the "world"/city would be smaller than witcher 3 but more compact
I'm sure the city will be much smaller then the total area covered by W3 ... the question is what, if anything, outside the city will be covered? Small "mission" zones we "fast travel" to or something we need to drive to through the landscape?

Sardukhar;n8407830 said:
These unsubstantiated mutterings are just that. True or not, there is no evidence and thus nothing to comment on.

If they started commenting on crap like this, they'd have to keep denying and the one time they didn't, everyone would froth and scream about the "Truth!"

True, but I don't think they can ignore it either. Nature of the Internet...use hyperbole to attract attention and it can spread like wildfire, if repeated enough. Especially coming from more "prominent" sites.
Whole Andromeda ridicule started on neogaf with a few threads and then everyone followed.
If they keep silent, people may follow up on Cyberpunk going through "development hell", as I've heard it already been mentioned recently.

Zagor-Te-Nay;n8420620 said:
True, but I don't think they can ignore it either. Nature of the Internet...use hyperbole to attract attention and it can spread like wildfire, if repeated enough. Especially coming from more "prominent" sites.
Whole Andromeda ridicule started on neogaf with a few threads and then everyone followed.
If they keep silent, people may follow up on Cyberpunk going through "development hell", as I've heard it already been mentioned recently.

Oh, they can afford to ignore it. People have nothing but rumour and they can speculate forever on the thinnest of threads.

Andromeda ridicule was based on actual evidence. This is not.

If CDPR starts responding to rumours, they are going to be at it forever. Not smart and not policy. I bet you dollars to doughnuts they say nothing. And this goes away in a week or less, barring some actual evidence.

Zagor-Te-Nay;n8420620 said:

It is not really comparable, the thread about CDPR is only 2 pages long and the last post is 3 days old, there is just not enough noise made about the "issue" on NeoGAF or elsewhere to make it worth responding to. CDPR denying them could even bring more attention to the rumors. :)

reidyboy102998;n8404440 said:
Could this possibly be that CDPR changing engines from the modified version of RED Engine 3 to RED Engine 4. This reminds me of the changes with Final Fantasy Versus XIII, when the project was scrapped due to technical limitations at the time (as well as several other benefactors) Versus XIII eventually became a new game (which is now called Final Fantasy XV) with a new engine called the Luminous Engine Pro. The game turned out decent overall (the story was lacking however but I'm going on a tangent here) Game development usually does this, so the way I see it is that CDPR scrapped the previous work of CP 2077 due to technical limitations of the engine. These concepts may come to life again at some point in the development stage, so I wouldn't say all hope is lost yet.

It is very likely, especially because i read post from 2016 on some forum today and guy with similar info like this "insider" from neogaf wrote that they scrapped only programming/code related stuff and started writing code from the scratch, probably because like u said engine changes. If this is true, then this is very little loss. all pre-production work beside prototyping and programming like game design documentation and overall "on paper" preparation is probably still in place (probably some things will change anyway, like with Witcher 3 because experimenting etc but this is different matter). The thing is also that prototypes are written with clunky and buggy code because prototypes have to present if things that were designed on paper are working in video game environment, and programmers are using alot of shortcuts because of that. They can easily rewrite mechanics and gameplay related things that were working before with better quality and more clean code on new engine if they want.

My bet is that with "old" engine they had a lot of obstacles developing the game, probably some things they designed on paper didnt work properly in engine and for some other things engine wasnt prepared, also development wasnt focused because people were finishing Witcher 3.. It's in line also with rumours about RED Engine 4 and GameINN Programme.

Last edited:
Honestly I think all this rumors, controversies, fiascos are storm in a teacup. Apart from small loud minority who are thirsty for drama, no one cares. No one cared for Witcher downgrade, no one cared for xbox exclusives, no one cares for Cyberpunk trademark. Nothing of this affects or will affect sales.

Andromeda is an exception I guess, having videos on youtube with millions of views making fun of your game cant be a good thing. I think it happened mostly because people like funny videos, and just so happens to be Andromeda issues are very easy to make fun of.

Also, there is a group of ''Gotcha!'' people on the internet who get a huge boner from exposing respected and beloved people/companies, of course for them CDPR is a huge juicy target. If CDPR will addres every rumor that will no doubt appear in the future, they will have no time to actually develop games.

Lisbeth_Salander;n8426040 said:
Here's a speculation: I'll actually get a girlfriend by the time Cyberpunk 2077 comes out.

Me, too!

Wait, I'm married.

STILL! Having affairs and getting shot by your wife is -very- Cyberpunk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom