Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisbeth_Salander;n9549141 said:
What's Cyberpunk 2077 about again? I forgot.
Something about fighting "the system" in an attempt to prove individualism, values, morals, and ethics aren't dead ... I think.

braindancer12;n9557701 said:

>trusting a site that gives EA and Ubisoft great ratings
>that one reviewer saying they need to pay for their own health care even though in Poland the own government takes care of citizens' healthcare

Last edited:
braindancer12;n9557701 said:
My stereotypes of asians being wise and clever now shattered. This guy is retard. Such topic was beaten to death and deconstructed on the very same reddit/cyberpunkgame. In short, glassdoor doesn't check if the information in review is true and can be posted by literally anyone.

metalmaniac21;n9558441 said:
My stereotypes of asians being wise and clever now shattered. This guy is retard. Such topic was beaten to death and deconstructed on the very same reddit/cyberpunkgame. In short, glassdoor doesn't check if the information in review is true and can be posted by literally anyone.

Yong Yea has nothing to talk about so he makes clickbaits.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9558691 said:
Yong Yea has nothing to talk about so he makes clickbaits.
Why not talk about Cyberpunk 2020 then? Like our patrician forum does. CDPR now is like the center of the internet media, and it's not a good thing when your marketing strategy is all about suprise factor, all info regarding CP2077 is either almost 5 years old or fake news and the game is nowhere near completed. Everything about Fallout 4 was wrong, turns out the announce model is wrong too, when everyone knows about the game being there since 2012 while in case for F4 it was not true.

Last edited:
metalmaniac21;n9559281 said:
Everything about Fallout 4 was wrong, turns out the announce model is wrong too,

Nah. I got what I expected from Fallout 4 based on the trailers and, because that's where my expectations were, really enjoyed it. Along with millions of others.

Now, I was disappointed in Diamond City, that I was led to believe would be larger.

CDPR is pretty happy with the direction of their game development. I have no doubt it will be huge when they talk about it. I also have no doubt some people will complain they should have been more open, that they didn't get what they promised from the early stuff, etc.

That's game development for you - really most artistic endeavours. Damned when you do, damned when you don't.

Sardukhar;n9559331 said:
Nah. I got what I expected from Fallout 4 based on the trailers and, because that's where my expectations were, really enjoyed it. Along with millions of others.
I don't post diagonally so please don't read them diagonally. Cyberpunk first reveal - 2012. Fallout 4 first reveal - 2015 with everything before being fake news. Now it's clear?

Now with say Witcher 3's wrongs with reveal and marketing only in toned down shiny graphics, else p. much went alright. Except modding but it's different, post-release topic.

Personally I don't want anything from CDPR right now, in fact I pity them being center of the freakin' galaxy and adopting a reveal model of a company no one gives a shit about right after announcing two big projects. That's what I wrote about in fact.

Last edited:
Enough about that, check out this new job ad.

http://en.cdprojektred.com/jobs/combat-designer/
  • Work with Quest Designers, Open World Designers, Level Designers and Environment Artists to design memorable combat encounters based on predefined narrative, environmental and gameplay themes.
  • Take encounter “shells” delivered by other teams and using our proprietary visual scripting language; script combat AI and flow, memorable moments/set pieces and companion AI.
  • Working with Level Designers and Environmental Artists, ensure level geometry serves the needs of the combat encounter.
  • Work with AI Designers and AI Programmers to ensure you have the necessary control over AI to script both stealth and action based encounters.
  • Dedicate yourself to understanding all player verbs, allowing yourself to craft divergent experiences that cater to all available playstyles.
  • Help define combat scripting standards and ensure consistency in implementation across the project.
  • Working with Gameplay Designers, proactively suggest improvements to core combat systems and principles.

Confirms some things I guess.

Meccanical;n9559451 said:
Yes. They'll actually HAVE something to show next year. See where I'm going?
Dedicate yourself to understanding all player verbs, allowing yourself to craft divergent experiences that cater to all available playstyles.
Better sandbox than SkyrimFallout 2 confirmed. Who played it without cheap exploits will get it.

Last edited:
metalmaniac21;n9559611 said:
Yes. They'll actually HAVE something to show next year. See where I'm going?

I wouldn't assume that. I mean, they have things to show now, just they haven't chosen to do so. Same could easily apply next year. I hate to say it, but I kinda wonder if they are going to wait until 2020 for release and do reveals in 2019.

I mean, I hope I'm wrong, but 2020 has a certain...roundness to it.

They might release in late 2019 and call 2020 the Year of Cyberpunk.

Ugh. I hope I'm wrong.

Anyway, I'd say very little is confirmed about CP2077, outside that it is a role playing game based on CP2020 PnP.

metalmaniac21;n9559281 said:
CDPR now is like the center of the internet media, and it's not a good thing when your marketing strategy is all about suprise factor, all info regarding CP2077 is either almost 5 years old or fake news and the game is nowhere near completed.

Bethesda sold their games quite well, and they used the surprise factor when announcing their games. Negative attention is better than no attention at all. that's marketing 101.

I don't care if CDPR owns slaves, I just want to play Cyberpunk 2077.
So whip them good, Marcin "Dungeon Master" Iwinski.

Disclaimer: This post was made with comic intentions and by no means promotes slavery of any kind.

Last edited:

• Work with Quest Designers, Open World Designers, Level Designers and Environment Artists to design memorable combat encounters based on predefined narrative, environmental and gameplay themes.
  • Take encounter “shells” delivered by other teams and using our proprietary visual scripting language; script combat AI and flow, memorable moments/set pieces and companion AI.
  • Working with Level Designers and Environmental Artists, ensure level geometry serves the needs of the combat encounter.
  • Work with AI Designers and AI Programmers to ensure you have the necessary control over AI to script both stealth and action based encounters.
  • Dedicate yourself to understanding all player verbs, allowing yourself to craft divergent experiences that cater to all available playstyles.
  • Help define combat scripting standards and ensure consistency in implementation across the project.
  • Working with Gameplay Designers, proactively suggest improvements to core combat systems and principles.

They would do well to recruit some people from modding community, especially SureAi team ( Enderal).

Or Rahni Tucker, out of european studios, she's the best ( and underrated gameplay) designer, and a great team leader.

oh boy...how much I'm happy to see that CDPR is giving attention to enemies' AI. There are so many competitive gamers that prefer multiplayer due to the fact that playing against humans is more challenging than the AIs the single player offers.

@Eltyris hey you're that famous user from /r/cyberpunk

Last edited:
Take encounter “shells” delivered by other teams and using our proprietary visual scripting language; script combat AI and flow, memorable moments/set pieces and companion AI.
Confirmation that there will be NPC companions in CP2077.

Work with AI Designers and AI Programmers to ensure you have the necessary control over AI to script both stealth and action based encounters.
There will be BOTH stealth and action elements, good to know CP2077 isn't going down a single track (stealth or action game).

Dedicate yourself to understanding all player verbs, allowing yourself to craft divergent experiences that cater to all available playstyles.
Not sure what "player verbs" are, but I like that they intend to allow multiple methods of achieving mission goals.

Yep.
THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom