Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly I think the turnover stuff is pretty overblown, with certain exceptions like ME:A where the entire upper development team seemed to leave over the course of development. You actually want some turnover, as new people can bring fresh ideas ... you just don't want a ton of it. I've read several articles over the years about turnover management an annual turnover rate of around 10% is generally considered healthy for a company, though the exact percentages vary depending on the type of business it is. But assuming for a moment 10% is a baseline, for a company of 500 people, that means 50 employees a year, which would be around 4 a month, which is exactly what was reported here. The only position that gives me any pause is Mateusz Piaskiewicz as lead level designer. That's definitely an important role, but not an irreplaceable one. I definitely do not think the sky is falling.

In the short period of time CDPR left many very important employees... Lead level designer, lead AI programmer, Lead UI designer, Lead graphics programmer, senior producers, senior gameplay designers, senior gameplay programmers and probably many more. Something is definitely wrong there...

dani168;n9685281 said:
In the short period of time CDPR left many very important employees... Lead level designer, lead AI programmer, Lead UI designer, Lead graphics programmer, senior producers, senior gameplay designers, senior gameplay programmers and probably many more. Something is definitely wrong there...

It's just pure coinscidence haha :D Can mods delete this comment? It violates forum's rules.

dani168;n9685281 said:
How many engine programmers do they have now? It's important, one person can't work on the engine and preparing modding tools at the same time...
Lisbeth_Salander;n9685331 said:
It's just pure coinscidence haha :D Can mods delete this comment? It violates forum's rules.
​​​​​​​You can flag posts, BTW.

dani168;n9685281 said:

The same thing has happened with other companies we don't care about my friend. You only know about this because CDPR is on your radar. The Reds have gained several leads as well.

They've typically lost employees after projects were completed, or near the end. In this case they're losing major positions at the height of production. It's not a good sign.

Hiya.

Guess what I hate? Trouble making! Also near-baseless rumourmongering.

CDPR corporate structure is waaaay more than some web postings are likely to illustrate.

Unless you have convincing evidence that CDPR is undergoing some kind of devastating purge, I'm going to -moderately- suggest we let this oh-no-the-sky-is-falling stuff go. It does no good and causes harm.

And that's a no-no.

I will say that the CDPR I saw last week looked very healthy, very busy and every single person I met was in good spirits and fully engaged with their tasks. And there are a LOT of them. The people. I dunno about the tasks, CPunk was locked down. But the people I met near Gwent, at GoG, in business, in PR, in Web Dev, tech support and those I talked to in the halls and the cafeteria(s) were all in great spirits.

This is in no way a company in any kind of danger. Unless it's in danger from some bald Canuck climbing through their windows late at night...

That was bait for a RED, but since you're working your way in, I'll take your word for it Sardy. :cheers:

...you were supposed to report back on CP.

Garrison72;n9686571 said:
That was bait for a RED, but since you're working your way in, I'll take your word for it Sardy. :cheers:

...you were supposed to report back on CP.

I can't because they watched me like a HAWK man. Seriously Marcin took his eyes off me not for a nanosecond. I shoulda just snuck in through a vent or something. Next time!

dani168;n9685281 said:

sauce?

animalfather;n9686671 said:

Linkedin mainly.
Lead level designer- Mateusz Piaskiewicz
Lead AI programmer- Michał Słapa
Lead UI designer- Voinescu Dan Marian
Lead graphisc programmer- Adam Cichocki
Senior producers- Michał Stec, Derek Patterson
Senior gameplay designers: Marcin Janiszewski, Tomasz Kozera, Damien Monnier,

dani168;n9690431 said:
Linkedin mainly.
Lead level designer- Mateusz Piaskiewicz
Lead AI programmer- Michał Słapa
Lead UI designer- Voinescu Dan Marian
Lead graphisc programmer- Adam Cichocki
Senior producers- Michał Stec, Derek Patterson
Senior gameplay designers: Marcin Janiszewski, Tomasz Kozera, Damien Monnier,

some of those guys are still working at CDPR acording to their linkedin profiles, or am i getting it wrong?

Yeah a couple are still at CDPR so far as I can tell from twitter/linkedin. Also Damien left shortly after TW3 GOTY edition concluded and I think he was working on Gwent at the time IIRC.

I think most people are fairly oblivious to how tough the gaming industry can be.

Working for a big company is a pain in the ***.

Guest 4149880

Something came to my mind when thinking about what CDPR might be thinking when it comes to making Cyberpunk 2077 a franchise. Ofcourse they're main focus is 2077 for now but also they might be building the game for the future.

We can assume Night City will be a huge open world area, so instead of building this space from the ground up for each new game they may make after 2077, I wonder if CDPR will be building the games world map to be re-used for future games. The city landscape for example could be built so that the next game after could be built around the existing tech and infrastructure they've built so far and altered to what they need as they go, and also cut way down on dev time and more time put into other areas. Most open world game maps are one-offs, and they are never used again. But I wonder in Cyberpunk case, if it would benefit CDPR. Its an interesting thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
BeastModeIron;n9691031 said:
Something came to my mind when thinking about what CDPR might be thinking when it comes to making Cyberpunk 2077 a franchise. Ofcourse they're main focus is 2077 for now but also they might be building the game for the future.

We can assume Night City will be a huge open world area, so instead of building this space from the ground up for each new game they may make after 2077, I wonder if CDPR will be building the games world map to be re-used for future games. The city landscape for example could be built so that the next game after could be built around the existing tech and infrastructure they've built so far and altered to what they need as they go, and also cut way down on dev time and more time put into other areas. Most open world game maps are one-offs, and they are never used again. But I wonder in Cyberpunk case, if it would benefit CPDR. Its an interesting thought.
Personally I suspect this is exactly what they're doing.

Night City, and it's immediate surroundings, are pretty static in terms of landscape and major buildings so there's no reason at all to create it afresh with each CP2077 expansion or subsequent release. It makes good sense to put in the time/effort now to create that basic infrastructure now.

Buildings you could enter in CP2077 for missions may just have their doors locked in CP2078 (or whatever) and others could have their doors opened, the exterior of the building and the roads around it aren't going to change (significantly).

Guest 4149880

animalfather;n9691731 said:
how finished is the game?

They're hiring for PR Manager to represent the studio for North America, getting ready for big surprise announcement in the near future hopefully, id say further along then most realize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom