Anyone against 3rd person turnbased tactical shooter?

+
Suhiira;n9533311 said:
Bad anything is easy to do. Good turn based is just as hard as FPS. Ever try X-COM?
Yes, I've seen it. I said it's easy to make, but to play it is a different story. But I'm saying I'm against Cyberpunk 2077 to become turn based. There's no real effort put to make it interesting. Again, I doubt they're aiming for anything turn based. It's a lazy man's way to make games.

mcflurry928;n9547091 said:
Lisbeth_Salander;n9532531 said:
Turn based has a bad reputation and are generally dislike by a big amount of gamers (not all).
I also think they may not go to that road, since it doens't sell that well when compared to "sandbox" games.

Yea, I highly doubt they'll go towards turn based shooter. Like you mentioned, it won't sell well to the casuals out there. It's still a pretty niche game genre if you ask me.
I'm also not a big fan of turn based games. I've never been a fan and I never will be one. It reminds of playing chess which is so dull and boring. When there's too much thinking involved, it stales the fun for me. It's just not my style, but I guess some people love that type of stuff.

CDPR should make a SPIN-OFF turned-based tactical Cyberpunk game or a SPIN-OFF real time isometric tactical Cyberpunk game..CDPR you guys need to DIVERSIFY! :D

Again, I doubt they're aiming for anything turn based. It's a lazy man's way to make games.
Hardly.
It's very well suited to games where the player is in control of multiple units/characters in a tactical situation.
I.E. Tactical vs shooter style War Games and party centered RPGs.

Last edited:
I doubt they're aiming for anything turn based. It's a lazy man's way to make games.

mcflurry928;n9547161 said:
It reminds of playing chess which is so dull and boring. When there's too much thinking involved...

Yep, pretty lazy. All that thinking, thinking, thinking. It's very easy to design a game to challenge thinking players.

Very lazy.

walkingdarkly;n9547501 said:
CDPR should make a SPIN-OFF turned-based tactical Cyberpunk game or a SPIN-OFF real time isometric tactical Cyberpunk game..CDPR you guys need to DIVERSIFY! :D

I don't know, if that's not what their interested in or passionate about then maybe it's not a good idea.
I'm thinking of "The Witcher Adventure Game" as I say this.

I'd be down to seeing that sort of thing, for either The Witcher or Cyberpunk, being done by a company that specializes in those sort of games.

NukeTheMoon;n9553271 said:
I don't know, if that's not what their interested in or passionate about then maybe it's not a good idea.
I'm thinking of "The Witcher Adventure Game" as I say this.

I'd be down to seeing that sort of thing, for either The Witcher or Cyberpunk, being done by a company that specializes in those sort of games.

Nah, they need to diversify, expand their portfolio! Sides, the companies that specialized in these sorts of games that would do both ip's justice no longer exist, they were either destroyed by EA or corporate meddling. RiP BullFrog

Generally against it. I was used to it in some older games like some old 2000-era turn based dystopian game that I cannot remember (one of the character's was called Gennady or so, another was an asian female ninja-like character and the team all had blue uniforms) or, say, KOTOR.

But in modern games with a realistic-looking "alive" world, it kind of takes the flow away from things.

I prefer real-time or "smooth" combat with RPG elements. In the end, preferences differ but that is what I currently prefer.

if the game is not turn based and its open world 3rd person real time combat its really going after GTA imo which is awesome. rockstar would have to up their game cause for the first time ever they got competition.

animalfather;n9583641 said:
if the game is not turn based and its open world 3rd person real time combat its really going after GTA imo which is awesome. rockstar would have to up their game cause for the first time ever they got competition.

Imagine CP2077 surpassing every aspect of GTA and being a huge success. What's even greateer is if CDPR forces other companies to make their games better.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9584141 said:
Imagine CP2077 surpassing every aspect of GTA and being a huge success. What's even greateer is if CDPR forces other companies to make their games better.

Absolutely. I just hope the game is more like GTA and less like Deus Ex, the stealth rumors got me worried a bit.
i always wanted GTA Neo Tokyo and Rockstar was actually doing some pre-production on it before ditching it.

animalfather;n9586001 said:
Absolutely. I just hope the game is more like GTA and less like Deus Ex, the stealth rumors got me worried a bit.
i always wanted GTA Neo Tokyo and Rockstar was actually doing some pre-production on it before ditching it.

I wouldn't be worried. Imagine GTA with stealth mechanics, it would be nice.

Turn based would turn me off.

If there's one thing I expect from any game that involves guns is that shooting something must be satisfying. You pull the trigger, the ammo explodes from the chamber and impacts the enemy that gets thrown away. Blood paints the scene. It's loud. And wet. There's a reason Doom's shotgun and chainsaw are always such memorable weapons. Not saying it should play like Doom, I actually like the idea of third person, and cover.

Stealth is ok, if done properly. Sniping is fun. I just hope it's not overpowered as usual. Meaning you can guarantee taking no damage while doing sneak attacks with a 400% multiplier. Stealth in games are almost always way too much reward for literally no risk. To the point it feels that if you aren't using stealth you are playing wrong.

joaopinga;n9587041 said:
Stealth is ok, if done properly. Sniping is fun. I just hope it's not overpowered as usual. Meaning you can guarantee taking no damage while doing sneak attacks with a 400% multiplier. Stealth in games are almost always way too much reward for literally no risk. To the point it feels that if you aren't using stealth you are playing wrong.
The thing with stealth in such games is the patience/skill to maneuver into position for that "perfect shot".
Now I'll freely admit the games where stealth acts like some sort of invisibility (i.e. most) aren't very good because of the way the mechanic is implemented. Nor at the ones that have a stealth mechanic that's near useless because the AI has x-ray vision and can see/hear you thru walls.

Lisbeth_Salander;n9584141 said:

That's the day I can die happy. It'd be the best thing to happen to gaming industry. NO stupid microtransactions, NO fillers, NO more half ass storyline and gameplay. Gaming companies could become innovative and creative again. Oh I simply cannot wait for that day to come.

Top Bottom