NPC's and Death

+
Here's the deal, or insofar as I see it, The C.P. world is very similar to our own and should be kept that way: You do something dumb, you should pay the price. If you flub up an opportunity, TOUGH SH*T...You blew it! Besides, anyone who knows the C.P genre to begin with knows that it isn't a particularly NICE place to be to begin with. If you can't deal with it, go play a nice game with elves and fairies. 'Nuff said.

Cyberpunk is hard and gritty and a grim world where the corps control everything, sure.... but it's not some sort of Deathrace place where everyone runs around killing everyone. It's not Murderpunk. I just don't see what objective is fulfilled by allowing players to go on a murder spree without having them killed. No mater how novahot a PC might be, the corps and gov't, if stirred to really come after the PCs, will nuke them.

I think I posted something about this, but I can't remember... Damn, getting older sucks... But I digress. In my humble opinion: First, killing off N.P.C's "willy nilly" should come at a cost ( Inability to complete an optional mission, loss of a crucial piece of info that could help the player, revenge from a pissed off family member that "Just HAPPENS to be a world renowned Corp exec/ bad assed assassin or member of C-SWAT, Police intervention... pick your consequence, just make 'em pay for it in one way or another. Do this enough and people will start getting the idea that just smoking N.P.C's for the heck of it may not be such a good idea. Do I think that annoying bullet fodder should also be included in the game? Naturally, it wouldn't be Cyberpunk if there wasn't some hyperagressive 'Boosters to smoke or some scum that needs ventilating. But the players shouldn't feel like they should be justified killing EVERYONE. I mean, after all, a majority of folks are just trying to keep their heads low and get by...Just like in real life.

Top Bottom