What would you like to see related to cyberpunk world?

+
Thanks, Decatonkeil !!! Yes, I finally joined :) I promised in a video that I was going to make less content but more elaborate, and that's what I'm trying to do :)

I did a general video of films, books and video games, all the ones that were mentioned there were quite commercial, I'm also preparing a video on indie cyberpunk games (that are more or less recent) because there are many interesting proposals. And most probably the Cyberpunk books video will be about women writing cyberpunk, there aren't many and they are great! People should know them :)

But I'll take a look at your suggestions! Obviously, to talk about all this I need to read/watch it myself, so it will take time :p

Unfortunately since we know next to nothing about CP2077 (i.e. verified information) a vid contrasting the world of Shadowrun is currently impossible.
But once it's released this might be an interesting topic.

I suppose you could do a vid comparing Shadowrun to CP2020, but I'm not sure how useful this would be.

Last edited:
Suhiira;n9314041 said:
Unfortunately since we know next to nothing about CP2077 (i.e. verified information) a vid contrasting the world of Shadowrun is currently impossible.
But once it's released this might be an interesting topic.

I suppose you could do a vid comparing Shadowrun to CP2020, but I'm not sure how useful this would be.

There was a Shadowrun official videogame, but wasn't great tbh...

MadqueenShow;n9316201 said:
Yes, it was awful, I was just trying to be polite hahaha

So you didn't know about or play Returns, Dragonfall or Hong Kong? Believe me, you gotta do it. Especially the second one. The writing is top notch and while relying a lot on text it manages to bring the Shadowrun world alive. I didn't use to be a fan of Shadowrun as I tend to like my cyberpunk pure... also the game's rules sound awesome and simulationy but they are TOO MUCH... but the world I think is fantastic and it would make for a truly insane MMO if they could make our world but cyber and magical, take a plane to Tenochtitlan, Aztlan or Rio in Amazonia, see eastern dragons flying among skyscrappers in Hong Kong or Neo-Tokyo...

If I was any kind of authority in the matter maybe I would use the angle of what developments there have been in the much more active life of Shadowrun editions that could be implemented in Cyberpunk, like for example I want chips to be there in CP2077 but in Shadowrun skillsofts, knowsofts and linguasofts have gone streaming... a bit more like in The Matrix or GITS SAC. That would also be interesting. I also don't know if there's something similar in CP2020, but also Shadowrun had things like pirated software degrading overtime to simulate the fact that you didn't have developer updates. Like I said, you put that many rules in a PnP and it's bound to fly right over my head, but in a videogame that can manage all those things for me, that could be pretty cool.

I have to agree on Shadowrun Returns/Dragonfall/Hong Kong, good games which are pretty close to PnP RPG's, and I liked all of them. Harebrained Schemes has done a really good job with those games I feel.

Besides, the guy who made the original Pen and Paper RPG of Shadowrun, Jordan Weisman, is also the head guy at Harebrained Schemes. The other head guy at Harebrained Schemes, Mitch Gitelman (he is a really fun guy in my opinion), worked on some several games which I like a lot as well... like MechCommander 1 and 2 and the three new Shadowruns I mentioned above... of course... he did also happen to have had his hand in some less good stuff... like MechAssault... and the above mentioned bad Shadowrun that 4meg and kofeiiniturpa mentioned, but atleast he learned his lesson from that and also got what he deserved for the FPS Shadowrun one as well... XD Those two guys, Weisman and Gitelman (and a lot of other people who work at Harebrained Schemes), and the good games they have done, not to mention that not only did Weisman make the Shadowrun franchise... he actually also made the whole BattleTech franchise (which does include the MechWarrior part)... is why I am sure that Harebrained Schemes new videogame "BattleTech" will be good... everything I have seen and heard about that game looks very promising so far.

Last edited:
I agree that anything from V3 should be ignored (I mean, I understand what Mike Pondsmith was TRYING to do, but DAMN, What in the Hell was he THINKING?!). As for what I would LIKE to see in the upcoming release (CP2077)? Well, for starters, a revision in the Humanity loss rules for cyberlimbs and the like. Personally, I think a more REALISTIC view would be that if a limb/organ was replaced by a legitimate loss (I.E an accident/ crippling disability or disease), the basic replacement (Basic limb/organ, no add-ons) should NOT result in humanity loss. Why? Because a person who was "made whole" or had their quality of life improved would be more prone to feel grateful at their new lease on life than feel alienated.

Decatonkeil;n9317481 said:
So you didn't know about or play Returns, Dragonfall or Hong Kong? Believe me, you gotta do it. Especially the second one.

I will take a look at that! To be hones, I didn't play Shadowrun as much as I played Cyberpunk 2020, I suppouse because we used to play a technological version of Mage Ascension (of our invention, not sure if something similar exsits officially) and we had it covered from there.

"Queen: Didn't know if you realized this, but humanity loss is a standard rule in C.P 2020 when you get cyberware implanted. As far as Shadowrun is concerned, I personally don't care for it. If I wanted to play a sci-fi game with elves, faries and magic in it, I'd jut assume play Rifts (Oh forgive me, I said the DIRTY "R" WORD, someone should wash out my mouth with soap for uttering such a blasphemy.).

RLKing1969;n9360331 said:
"Queen: Didn't know if you realized this, but humanity loss is a standard rule in C.P 2020 when you get cyberware implanted. As far as Shadowrun is concerned, I personally don't care for it. If I wanted to play a sci-fi game with elves, faries and magic in it, I'd jut assume play Rifts (Oh forgive me, I said the DIRTY "R" WORD, someone should wash out my mouth with soap for uttering such a blasphemy.).
HEY!
Rifts had some nice concepts and was an excellent "Beer & pretzels" game!

My big beef with "The Dirty R Word" is simply this: It's a power game...something that I, as a long time role playing gamer and story teller, ABSOLUTELY DETEST! Such games are the antithesis of my very existence and nauseate me to no end. This is just my opinion, so take it for what it is.

Top Bottom